Who will the new Dublin Manager be so?

Started by Uladh, August 16, 2008, 05:54:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Our Nail Loney

Quote from: corn02 on August 18, 2008, 05:54:41 PM
I get the feeling that noone really has a strong position, so there is money to be made.

Who would ya bet on right now if you had to corn??

I remember the betting for the last republic manager was probably the most erratic betting market I ever saw

This could be as well, with all the rumours flying around

The Real Laoislad

I hear they are considering asking a Chinese coach to take the job...I'm don't know much about him only his name....Mr Winsamsoon   ;)
You'll Never Walk Alone.

corn02

Quote from: Our Nail Loney on August 18, 2008, 06:05:55 PM
I get the feeling that noone really has a strong position, so there is money to be made.

I remember the betting for the last republic manager was probably the most erratic betting market I ever saw

I think Galvin would probably be where the smart money is. I would have though Ryan would be high up the list because he has a massive reputation now, his young and energetic approach could be a welcome change. He has also proven himself tatically astute. Guess I was way off if he didn't even make Boyle's betting. Of course he may not want it either.

Our Nail Loney

Quote from: corn02 on August 18, 2008, 06:19:13 PM
Quote from: Our Nail Loney on August 18, 2008, 06:05:55 PM

I think Galvin would probably be where the smart money is. I would have though Ryan would be high up the list because he has a massive reputation now, his young and energetic approach could be a welcome change. He has also proven himself tatically astute. Guess I was way off if he didn't even make Boyle's betting. Of course he may not want it either.

You never know corn, boyles aren't the most astute sometimes.  I remember they had McCabe I think at 16/1 1st goal in one of cavans matches when it was obvious he was going to line out at full forward and everywhere else including english firms had him at around 8/1!! I thought maybe they were taking a chance on him but later when they realised their mistake they had him down to 9/1! You would think they would have more information than their english counterparts.

GalwayBayBoy

Ciaran Whelan player/manager to instill some discipline into them.

Frank Casey

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on August 18, 2008, 06:50:16 PM
Ciaran Whelan player/manager to instill some discipline into them.

And who thinks irony is dead?
KERRY 3:7

Zapatista

Quote from: hardstation on August 17, 2008, 05:31:52 PM

I certainly wouldn't rule out Jody.

Jason Ryan would be mad to take it on at the moment. I can see him move to Waterford for a few years before he would take on a job like Dublin.

Davitt Man

John Maughan would love the Dublin job, all the media attention he would get!!!

Tankie

I really cannot see us going outside the county on this one. there is a good article in the independent online about it!
Grand Slam Saturday!

sam03/05

Joe Kernan is currently 50-1 on paddy power
so I take it he has no chance??

stuck a cheeky tenner on it just in case  ;)

Buttofthehill

Jack O'Connor or Big Joe would be my choice.

But a Deegan, Galvin, Sheedy ticket will probably get it.

Would rather an outsider. Get rid of the egos.

Zapatista

Quote from: sam03/05 on August 19, 2008, 10:19:36 AM
Joe Kernan is currently 50-1 on paddy power
so I take it he has no chance??

stuck a cheeky tenner on it just in case  ;)

He ruled himself out yesterday. He said his 4 sons playing for Armagh would make it to difficult.

orangeman

Paidi OSe wants the job and whatever Paidi wants, he usually gets !  ;)

Over the Bar

QuoteHe ruled himself out yesterday. He said his 4 sons playing for Armagh would make it to difficult.

No better way to get your price out to 50-1 before getting a friend to put a grand on it! ;)   

feetofflames

No big Joe has nothing to gain by going to Dublin ffs hes as close to Royal family as Armagh will ever have.    Jack O Connor seemed to have a right chip on his shoulder when he left the Kerry job and might want a go at it.  But my fear on all Kerry managers is that they dont really know how to work when you limit the resources or options or when another team gets stuck into ye.  As a wise man once said its easy to sail the titanic until she hits an iceberg.   The only man I would have in charge of the Dubs is Micko, Boylan or Mc Grath.   I think they are a cut above the managers that are available to the Dubs - the Dubs need a tried and tested formula not someone yet to learn their trade.
Chief Wiggum