Who will the new Dublin Manager be so?

Started by Uladh, August 16, 2008, 05:54:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

time ticking away

They could've had Mickey Harte after the Down match but definately not today :P ;)
canavan is the man canavan is the man ee aye adi ooh.......

Uladh

Quote from: Jinxy on August 16, 2008, 06:34:52 PM
Gerry McEntee wouldn't touch it with a 10 foot scalpel.

Sure he's dublin minor manager! all they'd be doing would be promoting from within

joemamas

Brian Mullins ?

You know he would be able to build a team that would be a lot tougher mentally than the current crew.

BTW, what the fu*k were all the assistants , shrinks, co-managers etc doing for the past two years, hard to believe that the did not have some contingnecy plan when A Brogan got injured. The moved their main target man Keaney out the field and put Jayo in full forward with Tomas Quinn, neither of whom were ever going to win a high ball.

While I am ranting, why wasnt Collie Moran replaced, or Bonner for that matter, with Fennel, who could have played as a third midfielder when Dublin were obviously struggling in that area.

Caffrey blew another one in my mind. very Maughanesque if you ask me.

T Toatler

Some of current backroom team mite fancy a go like Talty, hope not, or Clarke. From outside Mick Galvin and Mick Deegan might also fancy a run. Mullins will hardly touch it after fiasco last time but then again Bailey is gone, ex chairman. There are no stand out candidates and Micky Whelan is a non runner surely. I would give Galvin the reins, steady, private, solid as a rock and a nice fella to boot who won good few titles with Na Fianna, and bring in Paul Curran.But Caffrey was also Na Fianna so that might go against him. What is needed is south or west side influence too. None on current team with Boden, Lucan and Crokes represented.

Blue and Navy

Sean Boylan if he doesn't go back to Meath.

fred the red

FL/MAYO

Mickey Moran, he deserves another chance with a team after getting shafted by the Mayo County Board in 2006. In my opinion he did a great job when with Mayo but the county board had other ideas.

orangeman

It doesn't matter who gets the job - Dublin need a few more footballers and a few less weightlifters !

HowdyDoody

I'd say Deegan would be in with a shout after winning All-Ireland junior.I no its a big step up.

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Jinxy on August 16, 2008, 06:34:52 PM
Gerry McEntee wouldn't touch it with a 10 foot scalpel.
naw, thats not true
he'd jump at the chance - prob more so than the meath job that he has also been linked with - as dubs have more potential.

Either way he prob wouldnt do any better than caffrey, he was a disaster in recent years with senior club in dublin and this years dubs minors

mullins also not good enough
Same goes for mick galvin

Would think that the likes of clarke, talty ,mick Deegan, would be in line as they are doing ok as manager
then theres andrews, jack sheedy , curran, bealin whod want th job but are no where near good enough.

dubs need an outside man with a a footballing strategy and that can command respect
Joe Kernan would be interesting.

corn02

I have a feeling they may headhunt Jason Ryan.

comethekingdom

Bertie Ahern said it would be his dream Job!!!!!!!! :)

INDIANA

honestly lads it doesn't matter because we aren't good enough. underage record is poor as well . a posioned chalice.

corn02

Quote from: INDIANA on August 17, 2008, 02:02:55 PM
honestly lads it doesn't matter because we aren't good enough. underage record is poor as well . a posioned chalice.

I don't know if your being sarcastic, but your correct.