tyrone v's wexford 2008 Ai semi final

Started by the Deel Rover, August 16, 2008, 05:35:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rrhf

As much as I want Tyrone to win, as long as someone stops that Kerry outfit Im happy enough.   For me the most important thing is that we win playing outstanding football as we did last week.  Someone has to be the benchmark of top class Gaelic Football. Come on Tyrone keep setting the standards - I think Gaelic Football needs a new hero after a shambolic couple of years.  Come on Wexford and Tyrone lest rise to the challenge and may the best team win.    

red hander

Went on to ticketmaster this morning to get tickets and none were available ... was on last week but wasn't happy with what was available, so decided to wait ... i take it more will be released for sale later today ... anybody know?

Davitt Man

Quote from: red hander on August 25, 2008, 10:29:36 AM
Went on to ticketmaster this morning to get tickets and none were available ... was on last week but wasn't happy with what was available, so decided to wait ... i take it more will be released for sale later today ... anybody know?

Looks like they sorting out the tickets for the triple bill now and sorting out the tickets for cork and kerry. They will be available soon id say once they make the announcement

orangeman

Quote from: Davitt Man on August 25, 2008, 10:43:07 AM
Quote from: red hander on August 25, 2008, 10:29:36 AM

Looks like they sorting out the tickets for the triple bill now and sorting out the tickets for cork and kerry. They will be available soon id say once they make the announcement

I'd say there won't be many decent tickets for sale on ticketmaster this week. I'd say they'll all be in the clouds due to the obvious demand that has now been created by the triple header.

red hander

Original post was before i knew about the replay being put on the bill ... tickets still not up for sale but id say that'll change later today probably

red hander

Sorted ... four in top deck of Cusack on halfway line ... CMON TYRONE!

never kickt a ball

Quote from: Hardy on August 25, 2008, 09:21:04 AM
It's almost impossible to guard against complacency. No matter what Mickey says, or the players tell themselves, they and everyone else will subconsciously assume a seamless continuation from the final whistle against Dublin. Experience also shows that teams very rarely produce two excellent performances in a row. It seems to be a law of nature. The 'bounce effect', as they call it in racing, is real - much more so in football than racing. It's insidious and more often than not fatal to a team's chances.

I think everything is set up in Wexford's favour for Sunday. I nearly always base my bets on stats and precedent rather than form. You mighty say the stats show Wexford haven't appeared in an AIF for nearly a century, but the bounce effect precedent is strong enough for me to have few bob on the yellabellies.

Very true Hardy though Wexford have had two good victories in a row and are entitled to "bounce" too. I'd like to draw parallels with '03 when Tyrone excelled against Fermanagh and then raised themselves again against Kerry in the semi-final. There is no doubt that Wexford (like Kerry in '03) will be a serious challenge.

ziggysego

I agree with rrhf, it's up to Tyrone and Wexford to restore some pride in football, after the shambles yesterday.

The bookies', pundits' and neutrals' favourites all point at Tyrone, but they were all pointing at the wrong team last weekend. Only the people of Tyrone well sure of the real result.

Anyway, I can see this being another classic game of football. A Tyrone team proving they've still got what it takes and a Wexford team proving that they aren't the flash-in-the-pan team of 2008.

Expect exciting football, expect good football and assure, expect a much closer game than the Dublin game. It's a game for the taking for either of the two teams. I strong suspect that Sam will be resting with the winners of this side in 08/09.
Testing Accessibility

orangeman

Quote from: ziggysego on August 25, 2008, 04:47:09 PM
I agree with rrhf, it's up to Tyrone and Wexford to restore some pride in football, after the shambles yesterday.

The bookies', pundits' and neutrals' favourites all point at Tyrone, but they were all pointing at the wrong team last weekend. Only the people of Tyrone well sure of the real result.

Anyway, I can see this being another classic game of football. A Tyrone team proving they've still got what it takes and a Wexford team proving that they aren't the flash-in-the-pan team of 2008.

Expect exciting football, expect good football and assure, expect a much closer game than the Dublin game. It's a game for the taking for either of the two teams. I strong suspect that Sam will be resting with the winners of this side in 08/09.
[/b]

If Wexford beat Tyrone, they won't beat Kerry ( who will beat Cork on Sunday ) !  ;)

boro

Quote from: orangeman on August 25, 2008, 05:13:28 PM
Quote from: ziggysego on August 25, 2008, 04:47:09 PM

[/b]

If Wexford beat Tyrone, they won't beat Kerry ( who will beat Cork on Sunday ) !  ;)

Sure we wont beat Tyrone either ;)

ziggysego

Quote from: orangeman on August 25, 2008, 05:13:28 PM

I wouldn't write them off yet. Did you expect them to be in the semis at the beginning of the year? Did you expect them to bounce back after the defeat to Dublin?

Wexford have a lot more to give and if they make the final, there'll be no stopping them.
Testing Accessibility

gerry

feckers broke my car flag, thats the second inside a week
God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

tyrone86

ONeill

Pat reffed our defeat to Down but I think he's a good ref, especially for the latter stages of the Championship.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.