tyrone v's wexford 2008 Ai semi final

Started by the Deel Rover, August 16, 2008, 05:35:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Puckoon

Joe McMahon could well drop back into the midfield to accomodate a mugsy return, however, Joe's role on saturday was great for him now that he is flying fit again.

Will be very interesting to see how Mulligan starts off when he gets some decent playing time, will it be from the off? When the game is half over? Or when Tyrone are down a couple points?

Depending on his form, starting him might be a better option.

Puckoon

By the way - what are we doing about the beards?

I mean it was a big thing, and we won and are now in an all  ireland semi final...  Im superstitious like that, so Ive continued shaving every day, and will endeavour to do my best between now and the wexford game...

Are yiz men or hairy mice? All beard growers must maintain facial hair status for us to progress!

20leg-end08

Quote from: Puckoon on August 19, 2008, 02:52:41 AM

I mean it was a big thing, and we won and are now in an all ireland final...  Im superstitious like that, so Ive continued shaving every day, and will endeavour to do my best between now and the wexford game...

Are yiz men or hairy mice? All beard growers must maintain facial hair status for us to progress!

Tis bumfluff at the minute :(
It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me

Zapatista

Quote from: Puckoon on August 19, 2008, 02:52:41 AM

I mean it was a big thing, and we won and are now in an all ireland final...  Im superstitious like that, so Ive continued shaving every day, and will endeavour to do my best between now and the wexford game...

You might want to edit that Puckoon. I'm sure it was a genuine mistake ;)

Roy

First of all congratulations to the bearded wonders from Tyrone - a really top notch display but lets put it like this the Dublin performance was that of a team that refuses to play in rain and in physical games.  It scared me how very little they are prepared to do to win.  I think bar three or 4 of that team the rest should be given their P45s along with Caffrey.  Theres too much scar tissue built up.  Looking at the draws and without any intended disrespect I suspect that there will be a double Tyrone Kerry all Ireland final with minors and seniors playing this out.  Tyrone heads need to be kept down and focussed but they should get there and anything can happen in an AIfinal.  I would still love to see O Neill back as I think he would be needed for Tyrone to take Kerry.  But for the moment respect to mickey for taking this team back to a level for a shot at Sam.   

feetofflames

When Wexford were 11 points down agaianst Meath, did they think they would end up here.  When Tyrone were struggling against Down , did they think they had a prayer.  All I know is that whoever wins this semifianl will undoubtedly be massive underdogs to either the holders or a team that has beaten the holders twice this season. 
As for Tyrone V Wexford.  Will Ricey pick up Matty forde. 
Chief Wiggum

Zapatista

sam03/05

cnt see John Devine starting the semi final
he fkd up under the high ball on saturday - wexford are useful at high balls into Forde
id say that McConnell will be brought back in as he is slightly better under the high ball.
for this reason i also think that Justin will pick up forde.

Tyrone Dreamer

Would be suprised if Gormley doesnt pick up Forde. Its important though that we dont forget about Banville,Lyng and Barry who are all very good players to.

ONeill

I'd actually earmark Gourley for the job. The likes of Ricey and Gormley are needed in terms of generating momentum and sacrificing Gourley is not a big dent in Tyrone's gameplan. Forde's not the only man that needs a-watching though.

Devine/McConnell is a close one but Devine's intelligent kick-outs have been a major aspect to Tyrone's success this year.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

An Fear Rua

Has the throw in time been confirmed yet? im trying to book my flight!
Its Grim up North

Fear ón Srath Bán

Slight variation on the theme: as they might line out against each other, and what each has scored in total over the last two games:

A Masterson

D Walsh                     P Wallace                  B Malone
T Mc Guigan (0-4 2f)  S Cavanagh (1-6 2f)  C Mc Cullagh (0-5 1f)

A Morrissey                D Murphy                C Morris
Joe Mc Mahon (1-1)  B Mc Guigan           B Dooher (0-4)

E Bradley          B Doyle
              E Mc Ginley (0-2) C Holmes

R Barry (0-4)              P Colfer (0-1)            C Byrne (0-1)
P Jordan               C Gormley (0-1)         D Harte (1-2)

C Lyng (1-6 5f)         PJ Banville (1-2)         M Forde (1-12 7f & 1'45' & 1sl)
C Gourley             Justy Mc Mahon        R Mc Menamin (0-1)

J Devine

Wouldn't be surprised if Packie were to start this one -- the aerial threat will be a big one I'd say, and he's better equipped, but Devine's kickouts are definitely finer honed.

Wexford definitely have fewer scoring options throughout the field (none from midfiield back) it would seem, and they'd appear to be much more reliant on frees, so defensive discipline on our part will be critical, though their forward unit are well capable of taking scores from play.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: An Fear Rua on August 19, 2008, 08:03:59 PM

Definitely on the 31st, with the Minors on first -- you wouldn't be too far wrong were you to aim for 1:00 pm in Croke, for both games.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

ziggysego

Quote from: An Fear Rua on August 19, 2008, 08:03:59 PM

Tickets are up on ticketmaster.ie now. It's saying a 2pm throw-in for the Senior game. From that, I'd say 12.30pm for the Minors.
Testing Accessibility

An Fear Rua

dilema
aer lingus can get me in at 9 am, but leave on the way out at 7 which will be tight for a 4pm thrown in

Ryan air gets me in at 12 and back at 20.00 which means any delay would be tight for a 2pm throw in

feck
Its Grim up North