Safe Parking in Newry

Started by T Fearon, August 14, 2008, 12:47:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

T Fearon

I am considering travelling by bus to Dublin for the game on Saturday, as it is cost efficient, and I couldn't be bothered with the hassle of driving not to mention the cost of parking in Dublin City Centre etc. Is there anywhere in Newry that one could leave one's vehicle for 7 or 8 hours on Saturday,with the reasonable hope that it would still be there on one's return?

orangeman

Quote from: T Fearon on August 14, 2008, 12:47:26 PM
I am considering travelling by bus to Dublin for the game on Saturday, as it is cost efficient, and I couldn't be bothered with the hassle of driving not to mention the cost of parking in Dublin City Centre etc. Is there anywhere in Newry that one could leave one's vehicle for 7 or 8 hours on Saturday,with the reasonable hope that it would still be there on one's return?

No !

Lazer

Park in the Quays carpark - in the extra bit of it past sainsbury's! Thats where i park going to matches when I'm leaving the car
Down for Sam 2017 (Have already written of 2016!)

corn02

Quays probably best bet - or Barcroft.

fred

Safer in Buttercrane car park, as there is parking attendant in Quays who walks about with hand - held computer type device clocking how long you been parked ! Issues you with parking ticket if there more than they deem appropriate!!!

full back

Quote from: corn02 on August 14, 2008, 01:02:07 PM
Quays probably best bet - or Barcroft.

Yeah Barcroft :D

Park it across the road from the Canal Court along the Quay or even in the Canal Court car park if there is any space.Will be safe there
You can use Dunnes car park as well

Lazer

Buttercrane closes so u could get locked in
Down for Sam 2017 (Have already written of 2016!)

Yes I Would

Anywhere along the quay at fron of Canal Court beside bus station is safe or along the mall.

Failing those spots, she should be safe enough in Drumalane

T Fearon

I had ruled the Quays out due to time restrictions and Buttercrane due to its closure at 6pm. Canal Court Hotel seems a good option and one I had considered, but I thought they might monitor duration etc. Ironically I can never get parked in or near this fecking place whenever I attend functions there! Funny enough, Barcroft never entered my head ;D

corn02

Park it at the Dunnes beside the Canal Court in front of Argos - safe enough and only a minute's walk to bus centre (which is less safe)

T Fearon

Does this carpark (Dunnes) close at night at all? Also is it not a pay car park?

corn02

No Monaghan Street one is free and doesn't close.

whyarerefssobad

what about the car park at the bus station  ::)
always look on the bright side

full back

I knew the payment would be a concern to you Fearon ;)

The car park in front of Argos & beside Dunnes is free.
The car park in front of Dunnes is paid, but if you are back after 6.30 they are closed so you wont have to pay

T Fearon

Looks like the Canal Court or Dunnes it is then