Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: wildrover on March 27, 2013, 10:17:37 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 26, 2013, 10:50:30 PM
Quote from: hardstation on March 26, 2013, 09:11:20 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 26, 2013, 09:00:05 PM
Quote from: T Fearon on March 26, 2013, 08:47:50 PM
Days Inn is Sandy Row,do not go there!

Heard good reports about the Park Inn.Doesn't Ten Square offer accommodation?

Aye you'll get your balls rolled up there? Have you stayed in it Tony? Park Inn is the New Lodge, any Prods looking to stay there, do not go there!!

Premier Inn would be the best bet, no one in there will know if you are a taig
Wouldn't stay in Days myself tbf.

You have stayed before?

I have...and I thought it was an absolute dive...stayed on a 'lively' Saturday night when some nightclub was blasting out on the ground floor...scally's from Sandy Row hanging out the front of it while myself and the gf pardoned our way past. No security on front door either, or in the entrance doors to the lift to ensure the general public weren't able to seek shelter. Wouldnt dream of going back or recommending it.

Stay frequently in the Premier Inn (Waring St) and would highly recommend it.

Have also stayed in:

- Jury's inn - wasnt impressed;
- Ramada (Shaws Bridge) - highly impressed;
- Hotel Ibis - Decent and always best-priced for a last-minute trip.

Due to stay in Ten Square over Easter too.

That's a better opinion, cause the other posters opinions seemed to based purely on where is situated
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

screenexile

Stayed in Ramada Encore recently during the week for £46.75 for a room.

Went to the Potted Hen then for a bite to eat (serious feed and a reasonable price - just paid £18 for a Burger for lunch in a Pub in London) and then on to the Duke of York for a pint and then Alleycats where there was a great band playing, I think Belfast is a great spot.

Having went to College in Belfast 2000 - 2003 the City has seriously upped their game. In terms of atmosphere, culture and quality of Pubs and restaurants around, the place is nearly unrecognisable from where I went to Uni and I enjoy heading to it.

Rois

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 27, 2013, 10:31:37 AM

That's a better opinion, cause the other posters opinions seemed to based purely on where is situated

Ah I have no doubt you're right but that doesn't diminish the importance of location - I drive past Days hotel every morning on the way to work.  This morning the BF counted 17 Union Jacks when we were waiting at the traffic lights just beside the hotel.  I park in the Europa car park every day and when the flag protests were on, I was blocked from going home due to protests at Sandy Row.
If the person who posted the original question is going to a wedding in the summer, my advice would be to try to avoid that area just in case - none of us know what the summer will hold in the aftermath of the flag protests. 

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Rois on March 27, 2013, 10:55:51 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 27, 2013, 10:31:37 AM

Ah I have no doubt you're right but that doesn't diminish the importance of location - I drive past Days hotel every morning on the way to work.  This morning the BF counted 17 Union Jacks when we were waiting at the traffic lights just beside the hotel.  I park in the Europa car park every day and when the flag protests were on, I was blocked from going home due to protests at Sandy Row.
If the person who posted the original question is going to a wedding in the summer, my advice would be to try to avoid that area just in case - none of us know what the summer will hold in the aftermath of the flag protests.

I understand if you are some way annoyed at the sight of a flag, I would avoid staying in London and going anywhere near the Palace during the the queens birthday if I were you ;), the amount of union jacks won't really stop tourist going to Belfast, it may stop them going back if there is trouble but I'd imagine the Days hotel is pretty busy over the weekends, the Europa is a stones throw away from the Day's hotel and there are loads of flags at the entrance of it ffs!!

We are too worked up about a fleg, I worked in the shipyard and the place was covered in them, not once did the fleg beat me up or stop me from going to work, nor did it intimidate me either.

If the hotel is crap because of the room, service and food I wouldn't recommend it, if it's a cheap hotel you are looking then thats what you get. I'm sure there are a right few on here who have stayed in Gardiners street Dublin, now every B&B hostel and Hotel there would be the worst I've stayed in, ever, not a great area to leave your car parked and late at night it's dodgy enough walking back. Doesn't stop them being bunged every week by Nordies
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Rois

Ach stop being contrary, to drown a place in flags over here is something different to the UK and in the current context, is designed to mark out territory.  The potential for flash loyalist protests is higher at the particular location of that hotel, and if it were me booking forward to the summer, I'd avoid it for the sake of a £20 difference.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Rois on March 27, 2013, 11:27:22 AM
Ach stop being contrary, to drown a place in flags over here is something different to the UK and in the current context, is designed to mark out territory.  The potential for flash loyalist protests is higher at the particular location of that hotel, and if it were me booking forward to the summer, I'd avoid it for the sake of a £20 difference.

Yes for the sake of £20 quid I wouldn't go anywhere near it also, based on the it being crap. But a bunch of stag do's or Hen's parties from the Britain will see that it's smack bang in the middle of Belfast and cheap as chips.

A potenial flast point is further on down the road at Sandy Row crossroads in fairness, a lot quieter there (at Day's) than say outside the Royal Bar. It's not really an interface area also so no gathering of mobs looking a fight.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 27, 2013, 01:14:23 PM

Yes for the sake of £20 quid I wouldn't go anywhere near it also, based on the it being crap. But a bunch of stag do's or Hen's parties from the Britain will see that it's smack bang in the middle of Belfast and cheap as chips.

A potenial flast point is further on down the road at Sandy Row crossroads in fairness, a lot quieter there (at Day's) than say outside the Royal Bar. It's not really an interface area also so no gathering of mobs looking a fight.
If you are going to get a shoeing in Belfast it is as likely to happen outside a chip-van or taxi rank at 2am as outside the Days Hotel on Sandy Row.

Franko

Having stayed in it one night I can say that it is no worse than any Premier Inn or Hotel Ibis you will find about the city.  The problem is indeed location.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Franko on March 27, 2013, 01:53:39 PM

Having stayed in it one night I can say that it is no worse than any Premier Inn or Hotel Ibis you will find about the city.  The problem is indeed location.

But if you were a Prod or someone from Germany for instance (a German Prod) would it be fine?  ;)

Franko

Nope - too close to the scumbags.  Unless said German Prod was over here to join the scumbags in some sort of protest for instance.  Then it would be fine.

pullhard

Quote from: Harold Disgracey on March 26, 2013, 05:36:41 PM
Premier Inn sometimes have good deals. You might get a room for £29.

thats a great shout!! what are the locations like? are their any central hotels, that would be a bit quieter? I imagine the Premier inn would be full of stag and hens do's, happy to be corrected.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: pullhard on March 27, 2013, 05:35:18 PM
Quote from: Harold Disgracey on March 26, 2013, 05:36:41 PM
Premier Inn sometimes have good deals. You might get a room for £29.

thats a great shout!! what are the locations like? are their any central hotels, that would be a bit quieter? I imagine the Premier inn would be full of stag and hens do's, happy to be corrected.

Not a bad problem to have  :P

T Fearon

Newish Premier Inn in the Titanic Quarter,very handy for Odyssey Arena,well serviced by buses and not too far a walk from City Centre even,if you're not under the influence of large amounts of alcohol.

Milltown Row2

Is there a hotel at the bottom of the Falls/Divis street? Is it facing the alcoholic place? That would be cheap as chips and very friendly round Castle street ;D

And close to all bars

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 27, 2013, 09:16:53 PM
Is there a hotel at the bottom of the Falls/Divis street? Is it facing the alcoholic place? That would be cheap as chips and very friendly round Castle street ;D

And close to all bars
I have found a penthouse for some of the lads not wanting to look at prods