Should Galvin be allowed to train with Kerry ? Officials have stopped him !!

Started by orangeman, August 14, 2008, 11:50:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Sheehy

QuoteWHY did Kerry even bother to ask the question when they knew that suspended players always train with the team

because they know full well that it would be reported and the usual Kerry bashers would be up in arms

Lecale2

Main Street

Ah, a Mike Sheehy  "your talking shite " intervention,
must pass for intelligent dialogue in some parts.  ::)

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on August 15, 2008, 07:45:30 PM
Right, lets examine this so. Firstly,  where is this "elsewhere" that they should look ?

secondly (from the Breheny article)
Kerry sought clarification from Croke Park late last week on how Galvin's suspension impacted on training sessions and were informed it was their responsibility to interpret the rules on a general basis.

they were told it was their responsibility to interpret not their responsibily to get an interpretation from someplace or any such guff as you seem to be implying.

Mike Sheehy quoting  Breheny who is using the Kerry County Board as a source.

You would swallow anything

QuoteGAA president Nickey Brennan said it wasn't Croke Park's function to interpret every detail of every rule on a daily basis.

"If we did we'd get nothing else done. County Boards have plenty experience themselves in these areas. However, we have now clarified for Kerry that our interpretation of the rule is that a suspended player is not allowed to take part in formal training sessions and they have accepted that," he said.

This clearly says that Croke park weren't going to do it and saying the County Board have "plenty of experience" in these areas clearly implies that it is they should interpret it and, if not, them then who is this mysterious third party that is supposed to do it ?

Where is bit where Croke Park tells the Kerry board should decide for themselves?

That is a Brennan quote after Kerry CB decided to allow Galvin back in training.
"County Boards have experience"  obviously KCB had not enough.

QuoteSo in conclusion, Main Street, you are talking shite
Your argument is weak.
Maybe I must have been talking shite when I said the CP interpretation of the rule was nonsense :)

Mike Sheehy

Give it up. You havent a leg to stand on. Any fair minded person can see that the KCB did absolutely nothing wrong in this case.

Coddle

To answer the quearion

"Should Galvin be allowed to train with Kerry ? Officials have stopped him !!"

NO he shouldn't.
Deireadh on scéal.
He's suspended. 3 months.
Give us a call in Sept. Until then stay away.

The clue is in the word Suspend

Suspend
transitive verb
1: to debar temporarily especially from a privilege, office, or function

Get on with it

Main Street

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on August 16, 2008, 04:41:09 AM
Give it up. You havent a leg to stand on. Any fair minded person can see that the KCB did absolutely nothing wrong in this case.
???
I never said KCB did anything wrong.
If you had not got so much turf between your ears you might have noticed that.

Your skin is so thin that you just can't take a jibe at the KCB using a schoolboy denial  "Sir, he told me I could me I could do it, he did"