We Are All Total Idiots

Started by Pangurban, August 12, 2008, 09:45:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pangurban

At least thats what the News Media seem to think. Georgia attacks South Ossetia, lays waste to its capital, kills at least 2000 of its citizens, men,women and children, force another 30,000 in exile , commit horrendous abuses of human rights and international law, and then when Russia intervenes to prevent genocide and restore order , our fair and impartial media describe them as the aggressor. Now our T.V screens are infested by the sight of the criminal President of Georgia bleating and appealing for international aid for his peace and freedom loving democratic nation. All the time being fawned over by the leaders of the western alliance. If it were not so tragic, it would make a Cat laugh. Perhaps that same media would explain why there no appeals for humanitarian aid to be sent to the people of South Ossetia. Or why no western journalists were sent to report from ossetia during the Georgian offensive, despite appeals from Russia for foreign reporters to cover the events. Or they might explain why the international union of journalists, raised no protest about the Russian reporters killed while covering the conflict. They might even attempt to explain why film of an alleged bombing raid over Georgia by Russian Planes transmitted by C.N.N. was in fact an attack by Georgian Planes on Ossetia, having been exposed as such by the Cameraman who filmed it. C.N.N have yet to broadcast a correction. Why do Georgia refuse to sign a non-aggression pact and are being supported in their refusal by Britian, U.S.A. and European Union. There may be a reason , if so i think we should be told, or is it just easier to ignore our concerns , lie to us if necessary, and treat us like the cretins and rabble we are. Our masters know best, how dare we question them

dodgy umpire

The Boys in Red and Black are back

Square Ball

as the saying goes.. The first casualty of war is the truth!!! Well it does for CNN if what Pangurban is saying is correct
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Pangurban, excellent post, I'd be thinking that the hamshanks have a greater involvement here then first thought, they did after all arm the Georgians - que procession of our pro-american posters...
Tbc....

J70

And yet there are some elements in the US media who are complaining than the world media has fallen for Russia's interpretation of Georgia being the aggressor! Ralph Peters wrote an article in the NY Post about it today, saying that Russia had basically orchestrated the whole thing, baiting the Georgians into attacking so that they would have a thin excuse to do what they are currently doing. A big part of his justification was the amount of time it would take to just organize such a large-scale offensive.

So I basically don't know who to believe!

Here's a link to Peters' article, "Russia Goes Rogue (and America Wimps Out!)"...

http://www.nypost.com/seven/08122008/postopinion/opedcolumnists/russia_goes_rogue_124032.htm

Tony Baloney

Was in the paper today that the yanks transported 2000 Georgian troops back home to support the war effort from duty in the 'war on terror'. The US are obviously up to their eyes in this to maintain the strategic advantage of having a major ally in the region who just happens to control a major oil pipeline Georgia have made no secret of the fact that they want to join nato much to the disgust of moscow so they are going to have to remain in bed with the west.

J70

Do you think it will be a good thing if Putin gets hold of that pipeline and even more control over European oil supplies?

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

IMO the Georgian President took a massive gamble on this and its blown up right in his face.
Tbc....

dodgy umpire

Quote from: J70 on August 12, 2008, 10:38:19 PM
And yet there are some elements in the US media who are complaining than the world media has fallen for Russia's interpretation of Georgia being the aggressor! Ralph Peters wrote an article in the NY Post about it today, saying that Russia had basically orchestrated the whole thing, baiting the Georgians into attacking so that they would have a thin excuse to do what they are currently doing. A big part of his justification was the amount of time it would take to just organize such a large-scale offensive.

So I basically don't know who to believe!

Here's a link to Peters' article, "Russia Goes Rogue (and America Wimps Out!)"...

http://www.nypost.com/seven/08122008/postopinion/opedcolumnists/russia_goes_rogue_124032.htm

the ny post is a murdock paper wouldnt believe a thing in it
The Boys in Red and Black are back

Lecale2

Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on August 12, 2008, 10:42:47 PM
IMO the Georgian President took a massive gamble on this and its blown up right in his face.
I think you are right. When the dust settled the Georgians will be asking was it worth it? I predict that their President will not be there in a years time and he as only himself to blame.

DrinkingHarp

Quote from: Pangurban on August 12, 2008, 09:45:10 PM
At least thats what the News Media seem to think. Georgia attacks South Ossetia, lays waste to its capital, kills at least 2000 of its citizens, men,women and children, force another 30,000 in exile , commit horrendous abuses of human rights and international law, and then when Russia intervenes to prevent genocide and restore order , our fair and impartial media describe them as the aggressor. Now our T.V screens are infested by the sight of the criminal President of Georgia bleating and appealing for international aid for his peace and freedom loving democratic nation. All the time being fawned over by the leaders of the western alliance. If it were not so tragic, it would make a Cat laugh. Perhaps that same media would explain why there no appeals for humanitarian aid to be sent to the people of South Ossetia. Or why no western journalists were sent to report from ossetia during the Georgian offensive, despite appeals from Russia for foreign reporters to cover the events. Or they might explain why the international union of journalists, raised no protest about the Russian reporters killed while covering the conflict. They might even attempt to explain why film of an alleged bombing raid over Georgia by Russian Planes transmitted by C.N.N. was in fact an attack by Georgian Planes on Ossetia, having been exposed as such by the Cameraman who filmed it. C.N.N have yet to broadcast a correction. Why do Georgia refuse to sign a non-aggression pact and are being supported in their refusal by Britian, U.S.A. and European Union. There may be a reason , if so i think we should be told, or is it just easier to ignore our concerns , lie to us if necessary, and treat us like the cretins and rabble we are. Our masters know best, how dare we question them

Pangurban you must have a good source in Georgia or Russia. Every report I have read on this tells a different story from one to another but you have the inside scoop.

What is the official Irish governments response to this action?

Gaaboard Predict The World Cup Champion 2014

ONeill

Irish Minister for Foreign Affairs, Micheál Martin, issued the following statement:

"I am gravely concerned about recent violence in the Georgian region of South Ossetia and attacks elsewhere in Georgia.

Ireland fully supports Georgian sovereignty and territorial integrity. I welcome the Georgian offer of a ceasefire and call on all parties to immediately accept this. Every effort must be made to keep the situation from escalating further. In this regard, the EU is working hard to find a solution to the current crisis. Ireland will be represented at an emergency General Affairs and External Relations Council in Brussels on Wednesday.

The humanitarian crisis in the country is worsening, with many casualties and refugees from the fighting. Ireland stands ready to contribute to relief efforts there. In this difficult time, my Department has kept in close contact with the Irish community in Georgia, most of whom have now left the country. I would urge anyone visting Georgia to exercise extreme caution."[41]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_reaction_to_the_2008_South_Ossetia_war
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

DrinkingHarp

Quote from: ONeill on August 12, 2008, 11:26:23 PM
Irish Minister for Foreign Affairs, Micheál Martin, issued the following statement:

"I am gravely concerned about recent violence in the Georgian region of South Ossetia and attacks elsewhere in Georgia.

Ireland fully supports Georgian sovereignty and territorial integrity. I welcome the Georgian offer of a ceasefire and call on all parties to immediately accept this. Every effort must be made to keep the situation from escalating further. In this regard, the EU is working hard to find a solution to the current crisis. Ireland will be represented at an emergency General Affairs and External Relations Council in Brussels on Wednesday.

The humanitarian crisis in the country is worsening, with many casualties and refugees from the fighting. Ireland stands ready to contribute to relief efforts there. In this difficult time, my Department has kept in close contact with the Irish community in Georgia, most of whom have now left the country. I would urge anyone visting Georgia to exercise extreme caution."[41]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_reaction_to_the_2008_South_Ossetia_war

Pure genius
Gaaboard Predict The World Cup Champion 2014

theskull1

Quote from: DrinkingHarp on August 12, 2008, 11:17:37 PM

Pangurban you must have a good source in Georgia or Russia. Every report I have read on this tells a different story from one to another but you have the inside scoop.

Work with a well versed Russian guy (who detests the russian government and the rife corruption in the country btw) and he gave me the exact version of events that pangurban has written, so.............
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Pangurban

Michael Martin knows which side his bread is buttered on and who pays for the butter, as with the rendition flights through Shannon, its better to look the other way and forget all that old bollix about the truth setting you free and making a stand for justice in the world. Bought and paid for, independence my Arse