important message for all dublin supporters

Started by smcafee, August 12, 2008, 09:55:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

heffo

Quote from: davereilly on August 12, 2008, 01:25:30 PM
Quote from: Tankie on August 12, 2008, 10:47:25 AM
Quote from: ONeill on August 12, 2008, 10:39:21 AM
Quote from: Tankie on August 12, 2008, 10:32:18 AM
is it really that hard to believe that we a late because we are having a good laugh in the pub drinking some nice beer?

I rest my case.

well atleast we didnt abandon our county team beacuse they are going through a bad patcth, maybe if you boys were happier you would go to the games and enjoy the whole day.

Hmm, need I remind you the last time Dublin played a championship match outside of croker, there wasn't even 300 Dublin fans at Pearse Park for the Longford match!

Complete bollox Dave.

Tankie

Quote from: Zapatista on August 12, 2008, 03:03:48 PM
Quote from: Tankie on August 12, 2008, 03:00:21 PM
Quote from: davereilly on August 12, 2008, 02:30:16 PM
Quote from: Tankie on August 12, 2008, 01:38:32 PM

many Dubs couldnt go to the game as they could not get tickets! that was some sham ofan idea playing the game up there

are you honestly telling me that you think that Longford aren't entitled to play a home match when they play Dublin!

i just find it funny how counties and the GAA can pick and choose when they have the right to play in Croke Park. Demand for that game was alot greater than the 17k it held.

Who should choose then?

i think stadium size should be a big factor, i had a great day in Longford when the game was played and it was great for Longford GAA to have a big game but alot of my friends could not get tickets, i think 17k was jsut too small as you would have a bigger home interest than normal. if the stadium had of held say 30k i dont think there would have been such a fuss.

Grand Slam Saturday!

Zapatista

Quote from: Tankie on August 12, 2008, 03:33:14 PM

i think stadium size should be a big factor, i had a great day in Longford when the game was played and it was great for Longford GAA to have a big game but alot of my friends could not get tickets, i think 17k was jsut too small as you would have a bigger home interest than normal. if the stadium had of held say 30k i dont think there would have been such a fuss.

True but that decision should have been made by the counties and the gaa

his holiness nb

I'd be all for more championship games outside of Croke park for the Dubs.

Great fun that day in Longford.
Ask me holy bollix

heffo

Quote from: his holiness nb on August 12, 2008, 04:38:29 PM
I'd be all for more championship games outside of Croke park for the Dubs.

As would most Dublin supporters - it's not our fault that the GAC can't see beyond the dollar signs in their eyes...

his holiness nb

Quote from: tram on August 12, 2008, 05:19:08 PM
If there is a rule stating that in championship matches that a team may take home advantage (normally by being drawn first out of the hat or by seeding) for the game they should be perfectly allowed to do so and not be bullied by Croke Park or other factors unless it is agreed well in advance, even if it does mean that allocations of tickets might have to be cut. A packed, tight provincial county ground can generate an immense atmosphere with just a few thousand in it.

100% agree!
Ask me holy bollix

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

His holiness, I'm a Donegal fan and a Celtic fan, and I would never arrive late for an match involving my county due to a soccer match.
Tbc....

his holiness nb

Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on August 13, 2008, 10:48:15 AM
His holiness, I'm a Donegal fan and a Celtic fan, and I would never arrive late for an match involving my county due to a soccer match.

Gaoth, you should take that comment as seriously as the suggestion that I wont turn up till half time if Man Utd are on the telly. Good to be stereotyped though eh?
Ask me holy bollix

The Real Laoislad

*Important message for Tyronies*

If you are approached by a fella wearing a baseball cap and a Fred Perry shirt with tracksuit bottoms and white runners and he also will probably have some bumfluff under his nose and some Argos jewellery on his fag burnt fingers,Do not i repeat do not answer him or take any notice of him when he says......

"Hey bud park yer motor ere,i'll look affer it for ya bud no bleedin worries man"

You'll Never Walk Alone.

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: his holiness nb on August 13, 2008, 01:38:31 PM
Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on August 13, 2008, 10:48:15 AM

Gaoth, you should take that comment as seriously as the suggestion that I wont turn up till half time if Man Utd are on the telly. Good to be stereotyped though eh?

United play on Sunday - so you've no worries there

wherefromreferee?

Remember lads, pints down and one final trip to the jacks at 1540!  ;)
In your Endo!

The Gs Man

Quote from: wherefromreferee? on August 15, 2008, 03:50:04 PM
Remember lads, pints down and one final trip to the jacks at 1540!  ;)

And make sure it's a piss you go in for.......none of that other funny stuff.......
Keep 'er lit

Coddle

Ahh The sadness and biterness of the anti Dubs brigade on their yearly jaunt when their own counties have been knocked out and cast aside like the loosers they are, they turn their jaundiced views in increasing numbers once again to the Dubs and look on in envy at the support and passion  they bring and the skill and heart they demonstrate yet again.

You shower of spanners are just one sad lot.

I can't wait until the league 09 starts up again to see the culchies in their tens of thousands swarm to the County grounds all around the Country to support their County teams as they do each year.
Whats that you say?
I'm imagining it ?
The culchies are brutal supporters of their County teams in the league and early Championship, and only show up when there is a big day out and official attendance figures prove that too?
They start bleating on about the bloody Dubs then, out of sheer jealously and frustration ?
They wish they were Dubs too ?

Noooo I don't believe it.  :o

Ahh the joy of being a Dub  ;D

ONeill

The joy of winning an All-Ireland is much better.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Coddle

I know

22 times

Hoe many for you ?
Was it once or twice ?

:D