Quote from: red hander on August 12, 2008, 11:25:00 AM
Quote from: Tankie on August 12, 2008, 11:23:10 AM
Quote from: red hander on August 12, 2008, 11:20:39 AM
Quote from: Tankie on August 12, 2008, 11:16:43 AM
Quote from: red hander on August 12, 2008, 11:05:53 AM
Quote from: Tankie on August 12, 2008, 10:47:25 AM
Quote from: ONeill on August 12, 2008, 10:39:21 AM
Quote from: Tankie on August 12, 2008, 10:32:18 AM
is it really that hard to believe that we a late because we are having a good laugh in the pub drinking some nice beer?

I rest my case.

well atleast we didnt abandon our county team beacuse they are going through a bad patch, maybe if you boys were happier you would go to the games and enjoy the whole day.

Apart from the genuine Dublin hardcore (those supporters who attend league matches as well as championship), everybody knows that come May the vast majority of Jackeens are just a bunch of bandwagon jumpers who wouldn't be in their seats until the second half if man united were playing this Saturday on the tele

thats a rediculous statement!

This from a man who has started a thread about the Dublin v Wexford semi-final  ;)

a very valid thread aswell!

Do you have this weekend's EuroLottery numbers, Tankie?  I'm a bit skint at the minute

cant give you the lotto number but stick a free grand on Dublin and it will make ur weekend a bit better, well financially anyway!
Grand Slam Saturday!

davereilly

Quote from: Tankie on August 12, 2008, 10:47:25 AM
Quote from: ONeill on August 12, 2008, 10:39:21 AM
Quote from: Tankie on August 12, 2008, 10:32:18 AM
is it really that hard to believe that we a late because we are having a good laugh in the pub drinking some nice beer?

I rest my case.

well atleast we didnt abandon our county team beacuse they are going through a bad patcth, maybe if you boys were happier you would go to the games and enjoy the whole day.

Hmm, need I remind you the last time Dublin played a championship match outside of croker, there wasn't even 300 Dublin fans at Pearse Park for the Longford match!

his holiness nb

Quote from: davereilly on August 12, 2008, 01:25:30 PM
Hmm, need I remind you the last time Dublin played a championship match outside of croker, there wasn't even 300 Dublin fans at Pearse Park for the Longford match!

Hmmm, may I remind you that you are talking from your hole  ;)

Pearse Park was jam packed that day, the majority being Dubs.
Ask me holy bollix

Hound

Quote from: smcafee on August 12, 2008, 09:55:33 AM
the throw in for the dublin game vs tyrone this saturday is 4pm.

not 4.20pm,not 4.10pm,4pm

the gaa would like all supporters to be in croke park in time for the throw in.its a throw in,not a kick off.at 4pm.in fact we want you to be there for our national anthem.

finish up pints a bit earlier than before.we know the premiership starts on saturday too but please dont hang around until half time to leave the pub.

the game vs tyrone starts at 4pm.we wont delay it for latecomers.if youre late please show manners,dont crush other supporters also trying to get in.so get in for the game at 4pm.

if respect to the gaa is not shown tickets to dublin championship games in future will be cut.

finally if you go on  pitch after the game please dont strike a steward.hit someone who deserves it like ricey or dooher.

thank you.4pm.
One match delayed this year (wrong decision by the way) and none last year. It was the year before that when there were problems. But still  idiots like you need things like this to keep you going.

Tankie

Quote from: his holiness nb on August 12, 2008, 01:34:30 PM
Quote from: davereilly on August 12, 2008, 01:25:30 PM

Hmmm, may I remind you that you are talking from your hole  ;)

Pearse Park was jam packed that day, the majority being Dubs.

and many Dubs couldnt go to the game as they could not get tickets! that was some sham ofan idea playing the game up there
Grand Slam Saturday!

his holiness nb

I love the old "premier league" and "wouldnt be in your seats till half time if Man United were playing" comments.

Really gives me a good old chuckle. On the non GAA section theres loads of non Dubs over there defending soccer to the hilt and discussing their favourite english or scottish club.

Meath fans in Navan were caught on camera arriving late to a championship game a few years back as they were watching England in the world cup beforehand. On two occasions in the last few years Dublin were live on tv in the league and the pub we were in refused to put it on as the premier league was on, this was in Galway and in Meath.

And sure all the Nordies are mad celtic fans  ;)

Ask me holy bollix

Zapatista

Tankie

Grand Slam Saturday!

his holiness nb

Quote from: Zapatista on August 12, 2008, 02:04:06 PM
???
Is it OK if I watch the Olympics?

No, only Dubs watch those pesky foreign sports  ;)
Ask me holy bollix

davereilly

Quote from: Tankie on August 12, 2008, 01:38:32 PM

many Dubs couldnt go to the game as they could not get tickets! that was some sham ofan idea playing the game up there

are you honestly telling me that you think that Longford aren't entitled to play a home match when they play Dublin!

Buttofthehill

Quote from: davereilly on August 12, 2008, 02:30:16 PM

many Dubs couldnt go to the game as they could not get tickets! that was some sham ofan idea playing the game up there

are you honestly telling me that you think that Longford aren't entitled to play a home match when they play Dublin!

Dublin should get the odd champo home game too....last one was against London ;)

Keepthefaith93

The dublin fans are first class. I love going to croke park when they are playing, they create a real carnival amosphere. Its a pity for the GAA that there isn't more counties with supporters like them.

HowdyDoody

I see Trapper Dalton passed away today R.I.P.  Trapper used to be the physio for the dublin team for a long time around the 90's

Tankie

i just find it funny how counties and the GAA can pick and choose when they have the right to play in Croke Park. Demand for that game was alot greater than the 17k it held.
Grand Slam Saturday!

Zapatista

Quote from: Tankie on August 12, 2008, 03:00:21 PM

i just find it funny how counties and the GAA can pick and choose when they have the right to play in Croke Park. Demand for that game was alot greater than the 17k it held.

Who should choose then?