If you were giving out All Stars at this stage, who would be shoo ins ?

Started by orangeman, August 11, 2008, 02:56:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ExiledGael

After the weekend Tommy Walsh, Gooch, Seamus Scanlon, Ryan McMenamin, Conor Gormley, Colm McCullagh and Phillip Jordan have all really came seriously into the reckoning. Final will decide an awful lot.
As for the best of the rest I honestly think Lyng would be more deserving of an award then Forde. Morrissey was unfortunate to have to go off with injury yesterday. Masterson could be the dark horse for keeper's award but Leinster final may have ruined that. Really think Ronan Gallagher has to be the frontrunner between the sticks.
Reilly is a class act but have we ever had an All-Star from a team that was relegated and then lost first round of Championship and first round of qualifiers? Doubt it, Browne and Forde had theirs on the back of some modest success at least with county.
Don't think he has a chance.

Bogball XV

Quote from: ExiledGael on September 01, 2008, 05:58:08 PM
After the weekend Tommy Walsh, Gooch, Seamus Scanlon, Ryan McMenamin, Conor Gormley, Colm McCullagh and Phillip Jordan have all really came seriously into the reckoning. Final will decide an awful lot.
As for the best of the rest I honestly think Lyng would be more deserving of an award then Forde. Morrissey was unfortunate to have to go off with injury yesterday. Masterson could be the dark horse for keeper's award but Leinster final may have ruined that. Really think Ronan Gallagher has to be the frontrunner between the sticks.
Reilly is a class act but have we ever had an All-Star from a team that was relegated and then lost first round of Championship and first round of qualifiers? Doubt it, Browne and Forde had theirs on the back of some modest success at least with county.
Don't think he has a chance.
Yeah, forgot about Gallagher, easily the best keeper of a county who actually won a few games - he really shouldn't have any competition, but then that's not how these things work. 

blanketattack

Quote from: boro on September 01, 2008, 05:47:29 PM
Quote from: blanketattack on September 01, 2008, 02:47:57 PM
Quote from: orangeman on August 24, 2008, 08:27:54 PM

Tommy Wlash - now played 3 and subbed in 3 ! Not a natural forward - won't be young player of the year either.

I suppose you still don't think Tommy Walsh will be young player of the year?

Ciarain Lyng is surely in the the mix for young player of the year

He's 23 so is too old for YPOTY.

paddypastit

Gallagher
Gormley, ???, Lynch
O'Se, O'Mahony, Jordan
Scanlon, McGinley
D O'Sullivan, Cooper, T Walsh
Lyng, Cavanagh, Meehan.
come disagree with me on http://gushtystuppencehapenny.wordpress.com/ and spread the word

ONeill

From a Tyrone POV I'd imagine the following have one bar disaster:

Gormley
Jordan
McGinley
Dooher
Cavanagh

On the verge:

Ryan McMenamin (very close)

Big performance in final:
Justin McMahon
Colm McCullagh
Tommy McGuigan
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

orangeman

Tyrone will get those 5 I think - but if they win the final they could get a couple more - Kerry will have to get 4/5 -

Business end wins the All Stars which is rather unfair.

JUMBODEMPSEY

That ZIGGY fella deserves an ALL STAR for bringing the biggest news story since JFK was nailed....

Stevie O'Neill is bound to be a shoo in is he not????

full back

JUMBODEMPSEY

Looks like it was just part of the rumour mill....
the ZIGGY boy confirmed it..

Sure give the 3 of them ALL STARS....

Theres your full forward line...

Ziggy      Stevie O'Neill     Filthylittlebeast

orangeman

Quote from: JUMBODEMPSEY on September 04, 2008, 02:49:08 PM
That ZIGGY fella deserves an ALL STAR for bringing the biggest news story since JFK was nailed....

Stevie O'Neill is bound to be a shoo in is he not????

Ziggy for an All Star ! And Poster of the Year !

JUMBODEMPSEY

Justin McMahon has to be well in the running for an All Star and young player of the year....

He's one of only two players in the Tyrone team to have played every minute for Tyrone in this Championship campaign.

Hasn't put a foot wrong and the fact that he done a great job on Donaghy before, i don't think Donaghy would be looking forward to it.

What do you think?

Frank Casey

Quote from: JUMBODEMPSEY on September 04, 2008, 04:55:37 PM
Justin McMahon has to be well in the running for an All Star and young player of the year....

He's one of only two players in the Tyrone team to have played every minute for Tyrone in this Championship campaign.

Hasn't put a foot wrong and the fact that he done a great job on Donaghy before, i don't think Donaghy would be looking forward to it.

What do you think?

Tommy Walsh of Kerry is a very serious contender for young player of the year and I think the current favourite.
KERRY 3:7

Bensars

I'd say Walsh for Young Player of the year as i feel Justin Mc Mahon will get an all star

Our Nail Loney

Player of the Year odds from PP

Kieran Donaghy 7 - 4
Sean Cavanagh 9 - 4
Colm Cooper 11 - 2
Brian Dooher 7 - 1
Tomas O'Se 8 - 1
Declan O'Sullivan 16 - 1
Conor Gormley 18 - 1
Colm McCullagh 18 - 1
Ryan McMenamin 18 - 1

Bensars

I know the actual All Star awards are chosen by the committee.

Are the player of the Year awards any different ?  Or am i confusing this with the GPA awards.