Ciarraí V Corcaigh AISF 2008

Started by comethekingdom, August 10, 2008, 10:19:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyssam5

This will be a big lift for minnows Tyrone and Wexford, imagine the honour of lining out against the Kingdom in an All-Ireland final.

Puckoon

Here we go, O'Rourke praising the "virtues" of how the game should be played. None of this feigning or diving. Just pushing refs, hoofing the ball away, but we wont notice that.

Main Street

The ref did well, dealt with the verbals, ignored them, pulled out the player to be carded and got the game going again.

Hardy

I fairness, lads, this was a 200% improvement in the spirit in which the game was played. Both sides seemed determined to be on their best behaviour. Yes, a bit of mouthing to the ref in the extreme moments is to be condemned, but it was nothing like last week or the rest of the season.

Bord na Mona man

That's twice this championship Declan O'Sullivan has chased after the ref bawling him out of it with a big furious head on him.
I'm sure Paul Finlay must be amused at how he picked up a suspension for verbals, while a few of the guardians of football spend the day in the ref's ear.

rory

Quote from: stew on August 31, 2008, 05:14:49 PM
Quote from: rory on August 31, 2008, 03:31:09 PM
Congratulations to the Scum.  All the scumbags will be back for the final.

Thats some statement about a group of gaelic footballers, there is scum around alright, but it isnt the players.

OK, a bit strong, but they're not a very likeable bunch, this current Kerry team, and they get away with it.  Our own Francie has been called a lot worse on this board for a lot less.

muppet

Quote from: Bord na Mona man on August 31, 2008, 05:26:59 PM
That's twice this championship Declan O'Sullivan has chased after the ref bawling him out of it with a big furious head on him.
I'm sure Paul Finlay must be amused at how he picked up a suspension for verbals, while a few of the guardians of football spend the day in the ref's ear.

Conor Mortimor got 8 weeks for something said after a DCU game. Mayo didn't even appeal it.

Can we stop blaming everything that is wrong with the world on the Premiership. The Gaa is responsible for it's own players, procedures and rules. The historical paranoia about the influence of the poisonous soccer is really old hat now. Soccer will never touch the Irish culture in the sustained way that Gaelic Games have.
MWWSI 2017

JMohan

There seems to be a difference in composure between Tyrone and Kerry when both are put under pressure

INDIANA

they're just better than everyone else.. a lot better , frightening for the rest of the country how far ahead they are.

Main Street

Forget about him MK, bask in the glow for a while longer.

You can bask but can you ever relax? :)

magickingdom

great game today i know people are giving out about the number of times they meet but i never get sick of it. i never relax watching kerry v cork! delighted to watch tommy walsh coming on the way he is, he has the strength and skill to be a great player in time. thought scanlon did well again today and quirke did all we needed from him. the final is for another day but fair play to kerry today when the chips were down they delivered as for cork like i keep saying on this board they are the second best team in ireland..

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: magickingdom on August 31, 2008, 06:06:24 PM
great game today i know people are giving out about the number of times they meet but i never get sick of it. i never relax watching kerry v cork! delighted to watch tommy walsh coming on the way he is, he has the strength and skill to be a great player in time. thought scanlon did well again today and quirke did all we needed from him. the final is for another day but fair play to kerry today when the chips were down they delivered as for cork like i keep saying on this board they are the second best team in ireland..

Sure ye say that about them every year. ;D

Hopefully we can avoid more Kerry v Cork games in the next year or two as I've had enough of them by now. Not that today was a bad game but please no more.

INDIANA

cork are not better tha tyrone and if you think that you will lose the final.

magickingdom

Quote from: INDIANA on August 31, 2008, 06:15:35 PM
cork are not better tha tyrone and if you think that you will lose the final.

that remains to be seen indiana  ;D

INDIANA

cork are an average outfit similar to everyone else bar the top 2 ,kerry let them back into it today and last week for 65 nmins las week and 50 mins today cork were rubbish. that doesn't translate to 2nd best in the country. and clown can see that.