Attention OWCers

Started by gallsman, August 08, 2008, 12:54:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nifan

fair enough lynchboy, you follow my posts around, claiming to know about me, drop my real name in for some unkown reason and refuse to answer any questions

you think im bigoted and sectarian, like i said you havent got a clue

nifan

Im not equalising.
I was responding to the original post when tony replied, i also chose to respond based on his comment.
as you responded to mine, as did lynchboy (again) - your response also not on topic - are you equalising?

lynchbhoy

Quote from: full back on August 08, 2008, 09:50:36 AM
So, lets try and make your feelings known on the thread in question & on gallsman getting banned without trying to equalise.......
I'd say thats all folk want to see.

I'd also expect singular condemnation when GAA/nationalists etc transgress
no equalisation or comparison. If folk were honest it would help a lot.

Poor Gallsman fell into a nest of folk that allowed their fears and prejudice to stiffle any decent debate or progression of a topic.
If they were in control of them selves and honest with themselves, without the fear and prejudice - things should have been a lot diff.

nifan

gallsman himself said most people condemned that idiot, and there was a vast array of posts but sure thats probably him equalising ::)

AZOffaly

gallsman, am I reading this right?

You resurrected a thread over a year old, and pulled up a poster on a comment he made back then. Then you said that any attempt to label you as terrorist would be taken very seriously by you and your 'close associates'.

Sorry if I'm not getting it, but that seems a bit, confrontational I suppose.

OWC lads tend to ban people for that sort of stuff straight away alright, but in fairness that's their attitude to people they think are just on for a row.

An Fear Rua

Quote from: nifan on August 08, 2008, 09:47:40 AM
I would have actually.
Gallsman had pm'd me on the issue so I had already had a look at the thread in question and was going to comment.

I stated my opinion of wazza. My opinion of tony has been stated before. I wouldnt have mentioned tony at all if he hadnt posted his smug response.

Can you point me in the direction of the thread in question please?
Its Grim up North

nifan

go to owc and click last updated threads at the top
should be in the first page

nifan

Quote from: lynchbhoy on August 08, 2008, 09:50:09 AM
how can we ever get them to integrate with attitude and forked tonges like that (yet clear consciences in their own minds !)
:D

Im very well integrated thanks very much

full back

Quote from: nifan on August 08, 2008, 09:53:48 AM
Im not equalising.
I was responding to the original post when tony replied, i also chose to respond based on his comment.
as you responded to mine, as did lynchboy (again) - your response also not on topic - are you equalising?

All I was asking for was a frank assessment of your fellow OWCers behaviour...............

An Fear Rua

Quote from: nifan on August 08, 2008, 09:58:59 AM
go to owc and click last updated threads at the top
should be in the first page

you need special perms to do it, so if you get a chance tell me the section and thread title
Its Grim up North

nifan

I said wazza was a twat.
As for the banning, it is known that OWC bans people for some things - as AZ stated it is consistant with others, even if some may find it harsh.

I dont post on OWC anymore as Ive sated on here before.

nifan

fightback
Ballymurphy GAWA!, NI TAP seen in Ballymurphy!

Chrisowc

Quote from: AZOffaly on August 08, 2008, 09:57:46 AM

You resurrected a thread over a year old, and pulled up a poster on a comment he made back then. Then you said that any attempt to label you as terrorist would be taken very seriously by you and your 'close associates'.

OWC lads tend to ban people for that sort of stuff straight away alright, but in fairness that's their attitude to people they think are just on for a row.

I have read the thread in question and that is more or less how I see it too.  Some posters were reasonably debating points with gallsman, and to be honest I found his post around his background interesting, however, posting this; Any abuse directed against family members from here on will be taken very, very seriously could easily be interpreted as a threat.

When asked to clarify what this statement meant it was not withdrawn but described as 'friendly advice' again IMO, could be interpreted as a thinly vailed threat.

BTW I am not a mod on the site and this is only my interpretation of what happened.
it's 'circle the wagons time again' here comes the cavalry!

full back

Thats the boy Chris
Dont comment on your fellow OWCers behaviour ::)

Orior

Quote from: Chrisowc on August 08, 2008, 10:20:23 AM
Quote from: AZOffaly on August 08, 2008, 09:57:46 AM

Ah the whole thing just typifies unionist arrogance.

I have read the thread in question and that is more or less how I see it too.  Some posters were reasonably debating points with gallsman, and to be honest I found his post around his background interesting, however, posting this; Any abuse directed against family members from here on will be taken very, very seriously could easily be interpreted as a threat.

When asked to clarify what this statement meant it was not withdrawn but described as 'friendly advice' again IMO, could be interpreted as a thinly vailed threat.

BTW I am not a mod on the site and this is only my interpretation of what happened.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians