USPGA-Betting

Started by Whacker, August 06, 2008, 10:00:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J70

Quote from: ONeill on August 11, 2008, 12:40:35 AM
Ach I think you're reading too much into it. Sergio was just devastated.

Harrington's interview - I think he cannot take it in.

Definitely. Garcia looked like he could barely keep it together in that interview. Just gutted.

Tommy Tibbs

Best Irish sportsman of all time?? Man's a legend....just brilliant.

venter

cat bad alright. at least tim barter gave him a platform

The Real Laoislad

f**king Brilliant,for excitement as good as any soccer or Gaa match i have seen..
Delighted for him..
Does this take him to No.2 in the world does anyone know
You'll Never Walk Alone.

ONeill

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on August 11, 2008, 01:01:15 AM
f**king Brilliant,for excitement as good as any soccer or Gaa match i have seen..

Jaysus.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Tommy Tibbs on August 11, 2008, 12:49:31 AM
Best Irish sportsman of all time?? Man's a legend....just brilliant.

Fairly close to it if not already.....
You'll Never Walk Alone.

GaillimhIarthair

An absolutely savage performance from Harrington last night.  He single putted the last three greens!  His putts on 16 & 18 were just phenomenal; nerves of steel.  Had to feel for Garcia, he looked a broken man afterwards.  I thought Harrington had blown it on Friday and his press conference afterwards was terrible but some guts to come back and shoot 2 rounds of 66.  He must not be too far off world number 2 at this stage.

Great Leap Forward

I am dog tired this morning but it was worth it. An absolutely engrossing nights TV.

Did you see the look on Harringtons face during those last few holes? It was the same face we saw at Birkdale and I now have more confidence in him in those situations.

Maiden1

Quote from: venter on August 07, 2008, 10:57:57 AM
My each way Tips

P Harrington - 20/1
R Karlsson - 60/1
B Curtis 270/1

Nice call Venter, got any more tips?
There are no proofs, only opinions.

Bogball XV

Quote from: GaillimhIarthair on August 11, 2008, 08:11:54 AM
An absolutely savage performance from Harrington last night.  He single putted the last three greens!  His putts on 16 & 18 were just phenomenal; nerves of steel.  Had to feel for Garcia, he looked a broken man afterwards.  I thought Harrington had blown it on Friday and his press conference afterwards was terrible but some guts to come back and shoot 2 rounds of 66.  He must not be too far off world number 2 at this stage.
He single putted 12 of the last 13 greens!!!  (according to the sky lads anyway)

magpie seanie

Is anyone proposing putting an asterix beside this victory?  ???

corn02

Hope you followed your own advice Venter.

Unreal night of drama and nearly as exciting as Carnoustie. Forget the putts, his 3rd shot on 18 was what it is all about - majestic.

Felt sorry for Garcia and any one who says he was bitter towards Harrington was way -off. I honestly thought he was going to cry when he took that slug of water. Being asked if he is looking forward to the Ryder Cup was probably little consolation. I will be rooting for Sergio any time he doesn't come up against Woods or an Irishman.

Harrington said after his first major that he felt he can win more now that the monkey was off his back. Next goal - get all four under his belt (I don't mean in the one season)

Rossie11

To go through the last 36 holes of a major in 8under par is unbelievable.
That was pure class. 3 majors in 13months and hungry for more.
His confidence is sky high and its a pity the season is almost over.

Fair play P Harrington you have given us great entertainment (and cash  ;D)  the past month.
Roll on 2009

venter

Quote from: corn02 on August 11, 2008, 12:37:17 PM

Absolutely, never look a gift horse in the mouth. Curtis was a miserly 250/1 with the conventional bookies.

Maiden,
I really shouldn't give any more tips as I can only go down hill after the golf, but regardless
Roger fed to win olympic Gold 7/4
Andy Roddick to win the US open tennis 50/1

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: corn02 on August 11, 2008, 12:37:17 PM

Unreal night of drama and nearly as exciting as Carnoustie. Forget the putts, his 3rd shot on 18 was what it is all about - majestic.

Felt sorry for Garcia and any one who says he was bitter towards Harrington was way -off. I honestly thought he was going to cry when he took that slug of water. Being asked if he is looking forward to the Ryder Cup was probably little consolation. I will be rooting for Sergio any time he doesn't come up against Woods or an Irishman.

Harrington said after his first major that he felt he can win more now that the monkey was off his back. Next goal - get all four under his belt (I don't mean in the one season)

Agree with you,I felt really sorry for him,and a very small part of me even hoped he would win..
Delighted for Harrington though..
I actually would cheer for Garcia over Woods unlike yourself corn
You'll Never Walk Alone.