Viva espana - new FIFA rankings

Started by Our Nail Loney, August 06, 2008, 07:57:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

magickingdom

its fockin great for ye owc lot, got 4 teams to support and then get in knots over someone saying 'we'. the whole lot of ye would wet yourselves if england won the world cup (i wont even describe what ye'd do if scotland won it ;D) but pretend not to give a shit. sooner or later fifa will cop on and treat ye like every other country and stick ye in one team...  ;D ;D

Chrisowc

Quote from: magickingdom on August 08, 2008, 09:52:44 PM
its fockin great for ye owc lot, got 4 teams to support and then get in knots over someone saying 'we'. the whole lot of ye would wet yourselves if england won the world cup (i wont even describe what ye'd do if scotland won it ;D) but pretend not to give a shit. sooner or later fifa will cop on and treat ye like every other country and stick ye in one team... and there will be 3 ni international players every century from that day on  ;D ;D

:D :D
it's 'circle the wagons time again' here comes the cavalry!

MW

Quote from: Main Street on August 07, 2008, 06:50:29 PM
Quote from: Chrisowc on August 07, 2008, 12:22:40 PM
to hide Tony's great shame, embarrassment and indeed humiliation I would have thought.
Anyway Tony could do something else that 'the OWC' do.  Support the country of his birth.......like he used to, before Big Jack and the plastic paddies came on board.
QuoteEverybody knows that Norn Iron tried their level best to get almost anybody to play for them
, most couldn't be arsed and most of those who did bother to turn up were crap and not used much.

We had a different breed of Gen 2 and 3 Irishmen, answered the call and were committed to the cause. Even an adopted son like
Cascarino is a Paddy for life, still playing under the tri colour for Ireland  ;D

That's a bit of a wierd comment.

Going back to out 1982 team, for example, every player in the squad was born in Northern Ireland except two - Jimmy Nicholl, born in Canada to two Northern Irish parents and brought up in Northern Ireland, and Chris Nicholl, born in England to a Northern Irish father.

Jack Charlton's Republic of Ireland would never have made it to the World Cup if they'd played with a similar proportion of Irish-born players - or even second generation Irishmen.

And the current Northern Ireland squad is vastly Northern Irish-born too: evey member of the starting line-up the night we beat Spain in the last qualifiers was born in NI; in the previous qualifiers, when we beat England, out of the whole squad of 17, only 3 were born outside NI.

MW

Quote from: magickingdom on August 08, 2008, 09:52:44 PM
its fockin great for ye owc lot, got 4 teams to support and then get in knots over someone saying 'we'. the whole lot of ye would wet yourselves if england won the world cup

Ah you really don't get us at all, do you.

Main Street

Quote from: MW on August 08, 2008, 09:56:31 PM
That's a bit of a wierd comment.

Going back to out 1982 team, for example, every player in the squad was born in Northern Ireland except two - Jimmy Nicholl, born in Canada to two Northern Irish parents and brought up in Northern Ireland, and Chris Nicholl, born in England to a Northern Irish father.

Jack Charlton's Republic of Ireland would never have made it to the World Cup if they'd played with a similar proportion of Irish-born players - or even second generation Irishmen.

And the current Northern Ireland squad is vastly Northern Irish-born too: evey member of the starting line-up the night we beat Spain in the last qualifiers was born in NI; in the previous qualifiers, when we beat England, out of the whole squad of 17, only 3 were born outside NI.
We can't help if our image is sound and players wanted to be with us in the late 1980's and 1990's whereas NI  was a black hole and you were way down in rankings gutter with Guam
Republic =  jolly craic
NI = grim bástards up North

Do your research onto the time that NI tried out  imports who did come in but did not make the grade.
Wood, Sonner, Coote  Whitley  Sanchez  Jenkins  all got capped but were useless at that standard
It logically follows that if they did make the grade you would have used them.

But because they were shite you want to climb on top the moral high ground and pontificate about our 2nd and 3rd gen Paddies who were class footballers and dead keen Irish nationals

Dowie, Wilson, Black, Horlock, McCarthy, Nolan, Williams are all English born and represented the North during the period.
plus Norsk Capaldi and Deutche Maik Taylor.

Add to that those who politily refused an invite to join NI.

Chrisowc

Quote from: Chrisowc on August 07, 2008, 12:22:40 PM
Anyway Tony could do something else that 'the OWC' do.  Support the country of his birth.......like he used to, before Big Jack and the plastic paddies came on board.

It seems my little dig hit a nerve eh Main Street ;)

Your right about one thing though.  Any plastics coming on board now are definately coming for the jolly craic.  It ain't the football :D

Main Street

Quote from: Chrisowc on August 09, 2008, 07:38:47 AM

it seems my little dig hit a nerve eh Main Street ;)

Your right about one thing though.  Any plastics coming on board now are definately coming for the jolly craic.  It ain't the football :D
What are you on about?
you wrote
'Going back to out 1982 team, for example, every player in the squad was born in Northern Ireland except two - Jimmy Nicholl, born in Canada to two Northern Irish parents and brought up in Northern Ireland, and Chris Nicholl, born in England to a Northern Irish father'.

Then you get informed about all your Plastic Willies and Limp Willies and you pretend you were having a dig. ::)

QuoteYour right about one thing though.

I'm accurate about a lot of things.

Chrisowc

Quote from: Main Street on August 09, 2008, 11:37:38 AM
Quote from: Chrisowc on August 09, 2008, 07:38:47 AM

it seems my little dig hit a nerve eh Main Street ;)

What are you on about?
you wrote
'Going back to out 1982 team, for example, every player in the squad was born in Northern Ireland except two - Jimmy Nicholl, born in Canada to two Northern Irish parents and brought up in Northern Ireland, and Chris Nicholl, born in England to a Northern Irish father'.

Then you get informed about all your Plastic Willies and Limp Willies and you pretend you were having a dig. ::)

QuoteYour right about one thing though.

I'm accurate about a lot of things.

The only thing limp in here is you.  Numpty!

I didn't write anything of the sort.

nifan

Chris,please stop. It rags my shite when people go on about plastics in the ROI team. The rules are there to be used, like we currently do. That we didnt make as full use of them as the ROI at ine stage is neither here nor there, as now we do.

More full us for some of the players we lost because their motehr, rather than father, was from NI.

As it stands we have had enough non NI born over recent years that any insult you dish out is insulting ourselves.

Main Street

Quote from: Chrisowc on August 10, 2008, 10:01:50 AM

The only thing limp in here is you.  Numpty!

I didn't write anything of the sort.
Sorry about that quote from another poster that I attributed to you.
Poor mistake.

What is a numpty? a term of abuse?

Chrisowc

Quote from: nifan on August 10, 2008, 01:25:47 PM
Chris,please stop. It rags my shite when people go on about plastics in the ROI team. The rules are there to be used, like we currently do. That we didnt make as full use of them as the ROI at ine stage is neither here nor there, as now we do.

More full us for some of the players we lost because their motehr, rather than father, was from NI.

As it stands we have had enough non NI born over recent years that any insult you dish out is insulting ourselves.

I'm not insulting anyone it's called having a bit of craic.  Fcuk me this place needs it sometimes.  Maybe you don't get my humour but I'm having a laugh.

Especially at Main Street :D

Yes Main Street it's a term of abuse.....just like chump.

No harm intended and nothing sinister behind it.

An Fear Rua

Quote from: Chrisowc on August 10, 2008, 03:34:02 PM
Quote from: nifan on August 10, 2008, 01:25:47 PM

and its against the rules, Im telling Sir
Its Grim up North

Chrisowc

Main Street

I'm not insulting anyone it's called having a bit of craic.  Fcuk me this place needs it sometimes.  Maybe you don't get my humour but I'm having a laugh.

It's good to laugh.
I would not have associated abuse with a bit of humour but
I suppose I have to take under consideration that it is a long and hard road to make the total change from the old accepted ways of WP ethnic banter.
I understand.

Chrisowc

Quote from: Main Street on August 10, 2008, 05:33:25 PM

It's good to laugh.
I would not have associated abuse with a bit of humour but
I suppose I have to take under consideration that it is a long and hard road to make the total change from the old accepted ways of WP ethnic banter.
I understand.

thats the long hard road.........Numpty and Chump in the same thread.

Noted that you think my piss taking of you is racist btw.