Driving Lessons

Started by Minus15, August 05, 2008, 08:38:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Puckoon

downgirl

Haha I hope you don't mean that in a negative way?!

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: downgirl on August 05, 2008, 09:55:39 PM
Again if you have insurance on a car (already) you can ask for lessons in your own car, should be cheaper than in the instructors car as well...as long as you are confident in a car that doesn't have dual controls! 

And Puck just to let you know, I did my test in my own car and passed first time :P

Pity you didn't learn how not to speed :P
You'll Never Walk Alone.

downgirl

Ah I've learnt my lesson now LaoisLad, in fact I'm very good now except for when I'm on the motorways up and down to Cork.  Was coming up home one weekend think it was the weekend of the McKenna cup and was nearly at the border and I saw blue lights flashing about 1/2 a mile in front of me...that fairly slowed me down so it did...I'm just glad I wasn't a few seconds earlier!!  But then there were people flying on past me even though the guards were about?!

Tyrones own

6 weeks, 6 lessons.......done 8)
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

boojangles

6 Lessons in 2 weeks.Passed it on Friday.35 Euro a lesson.Did the test in the Instructors car.It made me concentrate more because it wasnt as comfortable as my own.Basically you have to drive like a robot for 30 minutes.Dont b afraid to drive at the limit either.
Gave the Instructor 100 euro when I passed for a lesson that morning and use of the car.Id say he was happy with that.

Tony Baloney

From the standard of driving in the south I didn't realise they had a driving test. I thought when you were old enough to take a Massey to the disco you were considered old enough to drive a car  ;)

red hander

Did mine in Cookstown ... was a shit driver and wasn't confident, but sure wasn't there a funeral in the town that morning and the whole place was at a standstill... cos of the hold-ups the tester didn't have time to do the parallel parking, which I'd no mission with ... passed it and when I went back to the depot and told by instructor he couldn't believe it, was shaking his head ... I was 59th learner driver in a row taught by him to get the test first time, he thought his glorious record was gonna go down the tubes with me :P

J70

Been driving since I was twelve (not on the roads of course), so I didn't need to take any lessons before my test (I took one in the States before taking my test there though, just to get a run around on NYC streets in an automatic). I don't think there is a huge amount to worry about, as long as you know how to handle traffic (the car itself should be second nature before anyone even thinks about a test).

The Real Laoislad

I think observation or lack of it is the main reason people fail driving tests,I done mine on the day of 9/11 :o and thankfully passed it!
You'll Never Walk Alone.