The Official Olympics Thread (with the consent of the Chinese Gov.)

Started by Gaoth Dobhair Abu, August 05, 2008, 11:09:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Billys Boots

Quotedon't tell me we're going to have Ulster bias on the Olympics thread now

I reckon it's the effects of listening to the BBC all their lives - to be pitied really.   :P
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

Hound

Well done Paddy Barnes. Great to have a medal in the bag. Hopefully Kenny can follow suit.

Apparently there's lots of conspiracy theories doing the rounds re Phelps 8th medal, e.g.
http://www.001ofasecond.com/

The replay that showed the overhead freeze-frame did seem to show that Phelps was 2nd. But if there was anything dubious I'm sure the Serbs would kick up more of a racket...

gawa316

Off The Fence

Anyone else having trouble with the media player on RTE? I get about 6 seconds of it then it cuts off

Off The Fence

Off The Fence

Mentalman

Good lad Kenny, another one in the bag! Brilliant stuff, the Brazilian actually looked like he was scard until the last round, literally didn't lay a glove on him!
"Mr Treehorn treats objects like women man."

Dinny Breen

The Brazilian was just trying to counter, Egan just picked him off, great stuff altogether.
#newbridgeornowhere

Off The Fence

That points system is ludicrous!  Egan connected with some sweet sweet punches and didnt get pointed!

Hound

Great performance by Egan. He won't fear the English lad Jeffries in the semis either.

TacadoirArdMhacha

Brilliant from Barnes and Egan. Great chances to go on as well, particularly Egan as Barnes has to face the Chinese World Champion. Didn't think there was any need for Barnes to have a cut at Mick Dowling in his interview though.

Hopefully Sutherland can complete the set tomorrow.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

AZOffaly

Good stuff out of Ken Egan. I couldn't see it because I was stuck in a meeting, but the roars out on the floor from lads 'working' and watching it on RTE.ie gave me a good clue :D

Main Street

ludermor

Excellant stuff from Egan, didnt get to see feck all of it and even Jimmy was cutting in and out most of the time. It was a fair demolition job for a quater final!
What did Barnes say about Dowling? I think dowling calls things as they are, he doesnt get carried away with one good performance and would be justified in saying Barnes was underdog for his fight seeing that he got a good hammering off him the last time they fought.