Negativity

Started by Dinny Breen, August 04, 2008, 11:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dinny Breen

Christ! Reading through this board one has to believe the Samaritans are doing a roaring trade, if Indiana is not whinging about how brutal/cynical/nasty/gay every team is, he's moaning about inequality in fixture settings, Dublin get a stand alone as wanted, still not happy, why all the negativity? Cheer up Dublin are going to win the All-Ireland, it won't be a bad All-Ireland or a good All-Ireland as such things are a fallacy, an All-Ireland is an All-Ireland and we'd all love one...

Don't mean to single out Indiana but he epitomises the current negativity sweeping through our media, puke this, brutal that and it's a malaise that is sweeping through the board, we are all becoming bitter angry people, come on lads a bit of positivity.... If you constantly run down a team in the media it affects a teams support, lack of support means lack of atmosphere, lack of atmosphere means lack of intensity, lack of intesity means lack of quality, lack of quality means crap football/hurling.....

So rather than constantly running down our games perhaps we should take a leaf out of the Premiership/AFL and promote positivity, no kid wants hear how rubbish his county is all he/she wants is a role model, a hero to look up to, when they get old and bitter they can just join this board and make up their own mind....

#newbridgeornowhere

INDIANA

bit unfair dinny, but having to watch that shite that passed for football yesterday between kildare and fermanagh. if you don't mind i'll take a kildare's man views on negativity with a picnh of salt. Do the general Gaa population a favour dinny and email your post to Mc Geeney and ask it is it possiblle for us to have something resembling decent football next Sunday. Has to be the most iroic post of the year, a Kildare man chastising others about negativity. Have a closer look to home. Is it too much to expect senior inter county footballers to kick the ball acuurately with one foot , handpass the ball correctly and score at least one point in the opening 25 mins? No the junior B club dublin semis are on in 2 weeks , lets put them in croke park.

Dinny Breen

Quotebit unfair dinny, but having to watch that shite that passed for football yesterday between kildare and fermanagh. if you don't mind i'll take a kildare's man views on negativity with a picnh of salt. Do the general Gaa population a favour dinny and email your post to Mc Geeney and ask it is it possiblle for us to have something resembling decent football next Sunday. Has to be the most iroic post of the year, a Kildare man chastising others about negativity. Have a closer look to home. Is it too much to expect senior inter county footballers to kick the ball acuurately with one foot , handpass the ball correctly and score at least one point in the opening 25 mins? No the junior B club dublin semis are on in 2 weeks , lets put them in croke park.

Indiana, you still respond in the negative, I mean even your posts on Dublin are bloody negative.

It's nothing personal you're probably the best example of negativity here, go on say something positive for once.....you might feel good..
#newbridgeornowhere

INDIANA

I've been very positive about monaghan, thought kerry and monaghan was a cracking game of football. I have complained about the following though:

- dublin being used to prop up the Gaa's revenue on an annual basis.
- Down and wexford
- Tyrone and Mayo
-Kildare and Fermanagh.

Very little to be positive about Dnny at the weekend. bar kerry v monaghan. the rest  was simply cringeworthy and if dubllin produced the same as last weekend , i'd be saying exactly the same. is it any wonder the crowds are so bad.

orangeman

Quote from: INDIANA on August 04, 2008, 12:05:37 PM
I've been very positive about monaghan, thought kerry and monaghan was a cracking game of football. I have complained about the following though:

- dublin being used to prop up the Gaa's revenue on an annual basis.
- Down and wexford
- Tyrone and Mayo
-Kildare and Fermanagh.

Very little to be positive about Dnny at the weekend. bar kerry v monaghan. the rest  was simply cringeworthy and if dubllin produced the same as last weekend , i'd be saying exactly the same. is it any wonder the crowds are so bad.

How much of the GAA annual turnover is generated by Dublin gate receipts ??

Uladh

I'm not getting involved in this negativity shite that's floating about - for that's that's it is, shite.

On the contrary, i'd like to say how great it was to see some of the leaps and high fetchs from Dermot Earley Yesterday. A joy to watch.

Rossfan

Quote from: Uladh on August 04, 2008, 02:06:59 PM

On the contrary, i'd like to say how great it was to see some of the leaps and high fetchs from Dermot Earley Yesterday. A joy to watch.
Indeed it was and if he keeps it up he could be nearly as good as his dad. ;)
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

armaghniac

Quotedublin being used to prop up the Gaa's revenue on an annual basis.

How are Dublin "used" to prop up the GAAs revenue. The GAA puts on games, Dublin fans go to them, which presumably is exactly what those fans would like to do.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Dinny Breen

QuoteOn the contrary, i'd like to say how great it was to see some of the leaps and high fetchs from Dermot Earley Yesterday. A joy to watch.

Indeed it was and a credit to the ref as well for ensuring a) the kick-outs were contested fairly and B) when a clean catch was made from either side he always rewarded the catcher.

Plus another postive I thought the Monaghan support were excellent yesterday and made it easy for the Fermanagh and Kildare folk to get behind them.
#newbridgeornowhere