are tyrone the worst thing to have ever hit the gaa?

Started by smcafee, August 04, 2008, 08:16:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ziggysego

Games are too expensive now, that's why attendence is low. Croke Park are pricing themselves out of the ordinary supporters.
Testing Accessibility

smcafee

Quote from: Doire abú on August 04, 2008, 11:23:16 AM
Quote from: smcafee on August 04, 2008, 08:16:06 AM
they are known all over ireland for their diving and overacting to win free kicks and get players booked and sent off.the so called great peter canavan always dived easy to win frees and penalties and tried to get two kerry defenders sent off in 2003 before he went off himself after hurting himself diving. brian mc guigan got dan gordon from down sent off in the ulster final in the same year and did a great dive in the all ireland final to earn an easy free.sean cavanagh likes flopping about the field and got a derry man sent off that year too.if he had took that afl contract with brisbane he wouldnt last five minutes.philip jordan got away with the best dive of all time against marsden and also dives about.brian dooher is a disgrace of a captain who recently got two westmeath players sent off.well done brian.

Your comments about the diving of messrs Dooher, Canavan, Cavanagh, Jordan and McGuigan certainly have some truth to them. Dooher in particular is the biggest diver in the GAA, most Tyrone people won't argue with that. Having said that he's also a terrific player. If you were new to the game and someone told you thats a 32 (33 next week) year old running around the field from full back line to full forward line and his had a couple of career threatening injuried in his time, you wouldn't believe them. Also in fairness to McGuigan, the 2003 Ulster final was the only time I've witnessed him diving, he's a hell of a footballer and a great fella of the field.

ricey mc menamin and conor gormley are two of the most skilless players to ever win an all ireland medal.gormley pulled off a fluke block in 2003 that hides how he tries to just bully and foul the players he marks.how he didnt get sent off against mayo on saturday i do not know.ricey is someone who even a dublin player would not do the things he does.if it isnt trying to break a players neck by sticking his knee in or biting the hands of a kerry forward hes always telling players on the other team how great there mums are in bed or racing up the field to injured players and roaring in their face cheered on by thousands of muck savages in red and white in omagh.pascal mc connell is another idiot who almost caused a riot on hill 16 in 2005 and poked the eyes out of gooch cooper in the all ireland final that year.
Gormley should've got sent off on Sunday no doubt, but to say he's skilless is farcical. I can't thing of many skilless two-time All Stars. And he could/should have picked up another last year. Also how exactly do you fluke a block?

McMenamin is a hateful wee ****, seriously there's no way you could like the man. I wish Derry had a few hateful boys like him.

then you have mickey harte,the most arrogant man to ever take a team to all ireland glory who feels he can tell the rest of ireland how to win all irelands just because at the time he won one.like wenger he sees nothing wrong with what any of his players do on the field no matter how bad it is and tells the tyrone county board not to suspend dooher after he picked up a red card in a club game this year.he brought in the blanket defence which has killed football as a spectator sport.he encourages his players to surround the referee if he blows up anything against tyrone as well as getting them to waste time in holding the ball.in fact i believe too many referees are scared and intimidated of the tyrone players and their fans who think they invented football in 2003.

Say what you want about the blanket defence, but it brought the team two All-Irelands didn't it? Tyrone's habits of surrounding the ref on every decision (espec Dooher) given against them is ugly to look at I'll admit.

You seem to have a hard-on for Dublin as well. Its quite possible you are a Tyrone or Dublin man, not too sure.

I'm a Derry man, half a mile from the Tyrone border, so I've no business sticking up for Tyrone, I'm just saying it as I see it.
big deal about dooher.theres an american siwmmer in her 40s who is competing in the olympics next week.maybe her and dooher can share a pool. :D :D

gormely got his first all star simply because of the fluke block and the second one because he played out of his skin aginst colm cooper who early in the game was blinded by pascal mc connell.

would you really want ricey playing for derry?i mean really?

blanket defence.ends justify the means?we now have almost all top teams play this same way and it is a turn off.puke football has really arrived.

again it doesnt matter where im from.

smcafee

Quote from: Big Mickey on August 04, 2008, 11:57:44 AM
this has to be the most ridiculous post iv read in a long time

going back 3,4,5 years and picking out about a couple of incidents is total rubbish and completely unresonable.you could build a case against any team or player in the country doing that,for example daragh o'se,ciaran whealen,that doesnt mean they arent great players and a credit to the gaa into the bargin.show me a player who hasnt made a mistake or maybe bent the rules slightly and il show you a someone whos lying.

and onto the personal insults to the players.yes,peter canavan won frees,so what??he was the best forward of his generation and alot of defenders couldnt do anything but foul him.its not his fault.anyway theres is very thin line between diving and buying a free,it just depends which dugout your in!as regards dooher,that man takes so much abuse and punishment on the field and you rarely see him lie down for long.against westmeath,the first fella nearly took his head off and rightly got a second yellow for it,it didnt matter if dooher was down or not,that lad was walkin.and the second player deserved that red for bn soo stupid in the first place to strike a man right in front of the referee!

personally i absolutley despise ricey,because all that talking and slabbering crap isnt my style and dont condone it for a second,but i still have to admit that he's a skillful player,especially for a cornerback.any1 who thinks different comes from a different planet.gormely on the other hand i love,a great player with a great never say die attitude and gives it aswell as takes it.i would go as far to say that he's a role model for any young defender to be.....and to be fair,uv criticised ricey for slabbering (correctly however) and gormely for bn a hard hitting player,so what do you want??a defender to sit and just shadow man round the field.ud be happy then cos that would mean tyrone get beat

so what im really trying to say is.....u talk an unbeleivable amount of crap

ps id love to see how you conduct urself on the field.....thats if u even bother playin......

i go back to mickey harte taking tyrone in 2003.he won an all ireland in his first year.he told everyone how it was done.sadly people listened and in 2008 this is what we have got.

do you not think diving is bad for the game?
do you think its right for players to play act to get opponents sent off?
i think gormely was sent off last year for his club and started shouting at an official and kicked a fence several times.a great role model.
to sum it up,if i talk crap you talk a slurry tank of it.

sam03/05

id say tyrone have been involved in some of the best games of football this decade
off hand these are some that spring to mind
Tyrone v Down replay this season in Newry -the best game of this years championship so far
Tyrone V Kerry 05 All Ireland final (probably the best final of the 2000s)
Tyrone v Armagh Semi final 05 - a really great game
Tyrone v Dublin quarter final 05 and replay - with probably the best goal of the decade scored.
Tyrone v Down Ulster final 03 (first game)
Tyrone v Armagh 2002 championship first round

the same team were also involved in a few epics as underage teams. I can think of a great under21 game and minor game at Parnell park.

added to that they have handed out a few hammerings to teams along the way. They have provided no shortage of entertainment over the last few years.
dont be surprised if Tyrone v Dubs is game of the year this year as well

feetofflames

Att he match on sunday, a friend of mine said at the start of the match she was supporting Tyrone (for some strange unknown reason)

Within 10 mins she had changed allegiances to Mayo because like any self respecting GAA fan, she could not bring herself to support a team that dives and cheats quites so much. Tyrone should have every player caught diving barred for life!

And sideline ball 2 mins from the end of additional time, linesman says its a mayo ball, Tryone refuse to give them it! Does that sound like a sporting team to anyone? To me it sounds like fear and cowardlyness!

Lazer ye great big dollop of twittery.  The Tyrone match was on Saturday.  Twat!!!! ha
Chief Wiggum

T Fearon

I would say Bloody Sunday was the worst thing to hit the GAA..admittedly Tyrone are a close second though ;D

Lamh Dhearg Alba

stibhan

What a pure, unadulterated pile of shite. Meath late 80's, Dublin 1995, Kerry 1946 ;), Armagh the past couple of years, Dublin since 2004, Derry in Omagh 2006, are all more contemptible to me in their own different ways. Laois pissed me off a treat when they beat Tyrone in 2006 with some of their tactics but I couldn't complain given that it was a style of play in vogue. Tyrone had been destroyed by both poor refereeing decisions and a general lack of cynicism in the past when it came to the big time. Harte brought the cutting edge and "whatever the f**k it takes" attitude, his players were moulded into men who would believe in and die for the cause by the tragedies which shaped their team. Incidentally the best player in Ireland, Colm Cooper, was roundly vilified for an incident a few years back where he got his man sent off by pulling him down over him... Galvin has been an absolute p***k for more or less the duration of his career... Kerry players have been known to dive every now and then sometimes too.

What's the point in getting wound up about it? Whilst Tyrone may have a capacity to go down easy they also have some of the most gifted footballers in modern times, and aside from that have been through so much you'd think there'd be few that would begrudge them their success. You need to f**k up, big style.

feetofflames

Chief Wiggum

Fear ón Srath Bán

Poverty, pestilence and global recession, those can be pinnned on us too surely?
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

tyrone exile

Easy known its the summer holidays, you sound like a child throwing their toys out of the pram because they cant have their own way  :D
Tyrone for Sam 08  ;)

red hander

'tyrone are in their own league above everyone else'

Nice of you to say so, young fella ... now go put your jams jams on, drink your milk and kiss your ma goodnight

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Can't believe this WUM has managed to get 4 pages out of you eejits!!  :D :D :D

FFS look at this boys posts, he's managed 54 posts in 3 days and every one of them a Wind-up!
BTW he's been registered since Jun '07' and only started posting on Friday!  ::)
Tbc....

tyrone exile

Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on August 04, 2008, 04:31:31 PM
BTW he's been registered since Jun '07' and only started posting on Friday!  ::)
Im guessing the parents are away on a holiday, and he can go on whatever websites he wants now  :D
I'm sorry for avoiding the subject..............

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility