Tír Eoghain vs Áth Cliath '08

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, August 03, 2008, 05:57:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joemamas

Totally agree about Mickey Harte, have said it ever since 2005 when he orchestrated a totally outplayed Tyrone team comback v Dublin in the drawn q/final. Made two or three positional changes which worked wonders.

full back

WTF happened today!!!
Very suprised at the result but fair play to the Tyronies

Few points from the game
Dublin seemd to totally lose their way when Brogan went off. It seemed that Sherlock moved closer to the goals filling Brogans role but their was no-one to put the ball in. A few balls were kicked in high to Sherlock ???
Dooher had a good game, but again he was at that diving sh1te especially under the Cusack on one occasion, but at least the ref spotted it & gave the free against him.
The tackle on Whelan was as cynical as you will see. Cavanagh saw the opportunity to take the one of the biggest names on the Dubs team out & he grabbed that opportunity with both hands.
Whelan nailed Mc Mahon shortly after in retribution IMHO. Cavanagh was down holding his nuts at half time, wonder how that happened ;)
Although incredibly cynical, Whelan went awol after this & the Garda have issued a missing persons report on him in Dublin this evening
Dublin fail to produce the goods again.

Mike Sheehy

QuoteYes the old puke football soon sorted he potential all Ireland Dubs out. Heres hoping it sorts Kerry out aswell. Purely to hearthe new excuses the media come up with

yerra we'll see how we do against Cork and, sure, maybe one of us will give ye a game of some sort, even if it is just to fulfill the fixture.

T Toatler

Very simple really. Best team won. Extra week helped Tyrone as Dubs were focused on last week and sholud have insisted on playing then. Whelo and Cavanagh should have got line, no doubt. Tyrone awesome, can they repeat against Kerry ? What about Wexford?

In the Onion Bag

Kerry Mike,
Your are getting too cocky by far.

The 2008 Kerry team is very beatable. Normally they win most of their AIs without a single difficult game but they have had 3 tough ones so far this year.

Kerry are very beatable and should Tyrone make the final my money will be on them whether it be Kerry or Cork.

Osama bin Dublin

Being totally honest lads the game was over at half time for us,i really expected pillar to have a game plan to beat the tyrone defence but it was just sad watchin the lads pass the ball across the pitch while tyrone retreated to defend.After the famous goal that mulligan got against us,  i never thought i'd see a tyrone player prance through our defence without gettin decked.It was a sad day for dublin & i don't expect things to improve as we may have seen the end of whelo & jayo.Well done tyrone,hope to see ya gettin hammered in the final ;)

Gabriel_Hurl

Puckoon

Quote from: T Toatler on August 16, 2008, 08:14:09 PM
Very simple really. Best team won. Extra week helped Tyrone as Dubs were focused on last week and sholud have insisted on playing then. Whelo and Cavanagh should have got line, no doubt. Tyrone awesome, can they repeat against Kerry ? What about Wexford?

Re Cavanagh - do many people get the line for a shoulder, even if its to another mans chest?

Mike Sheehy

QuoteKerry Mike,
Your are getting too cocky by far.

The 2008 Kerry team is very beatable. Normally they win most of their AIs without a single difficult game but they have had 3 tough ones so far this year.

Kerry are very beatable and should Tyrone make the final my money will be on them whether it be Kerry or Cork.

Yeah, Kerry Mike is an arrogant bastard alright  ;D

There's a lot of cockiness floating around on the board alright but its not coming from us.  Perhaps you should look closer to home at the build up to the Wexford v Down fixture if you want to find examples of cockiness.We are looking no further than Cork and before that we looked no further than Galway, a fixture that you tipped us to lose as well btw.

The Gs Man

Quote from: screenexile on August 16, 2008, 07:48:08 PM

As for the Bearded one? Well what can you say, the man is a footballing genius!

Which bearded one are ye talking about Screen??  Feck me, it was like Planet of the Apes out there today!!!!  Did you see the heck of Mulligans Ginger effort??!!!   :D

Fair play to Tyrone.  They deserved it.  As someone said earlier in this thread, Dublin have a fear of Ulster teams.  
Keep 'er lit

downgirl

Quote from: The Gs Man on August 16, 2008, 08:57:29 PM

Which bearded one are ye talking about Screen??  Feck me, it was like Planet of the Apes out there today!!!!  Did you see the heck of Mulligans Ginger effort??!!!   :D

Fair play to Tyrone.  They deserved it.  As someone said earlier in this thread, Dublin have a fear of Ulster teams.  

Mugsy was never good looking to start off with anyway!!!  What is it with the growing of the hair and the beard????!!!!!  Have to say though, Tyrone did deserve it they outplayed the Dubs from the start.

Skiddybadoo

Feck me, it was like Planet of the Apes out there today!!!!  
[/quote]

:D :D :D :D

centre 3/4s

Quote from: The Gs Man on August 16, 2008, 08:57:29 PM

Great call that ginger beard was f@@kin wild lookin he obviously done that for a bet!! ;D

The Gs Man

As for Cavanagh's shoulder, was pretty bad, deserved a yellow.  However, Whelan would have done well at the recent Summer Slam with that clothes-line......two wrongs don't make a right.  He should have been sent-off for that.
Keep 'er lit