Tír Eoghain vs Áth Cliath '08

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, August 03, 2008, 05:57:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

his holiness nb

Quote from: Zapatista on August 15, 2008, 01:39:33 PM
That's a very lazy prediction HH, I have come to expect better from you.

Which prediction exactly Zaptista? The sly digs bit, the dogfight bit?
I'd be happy to clarify why I said what I said if you tell me which bit you are dissapointed with.

As a side note, I'd much prefer if both sides played a sporting contest.
Ask me holy bollix

Zapatista

Quote from: Hound on August 15, 2008, 01:44:22 PM

Do you predict Ricey won't throw any sly digs?  ;)

Naw I'm saying the Dubs will definatley react when he does ;) :D

HH
I just don't think there is any reason to assume it will be anything other than a good sporting game. There might be a few contraversial moments but nothing to get all Doomsday about.

his holiness nb

Quote from: Zapatista on August 15, 2008, 01:55:04 PM
HH
I just don't think there is any reason to assume it will be anything other than a good sporting game. There might be a few contraversial moments but nothing to get all Doomsday about.

Fair enough Zap, I suppose after reading predictions that Dublin will try to "physically intimidate" Tyrone, or the other one that suggested if Dublin won they would roar in the faces of Tyrone instead of shake their hands, I got a bit defensive. My point was that IF there was to be niggly off the ball shite going on, based purely on this years championship, it would be more likely to come from Tyrone, based on what I have seen of them so far.

But to clarify, it could well come from Dublin either, and I personally hope its from neither!
Ask me holy bollix

ONeill

Down for 12, watch the Gunners at 1245 down in the Maple Hotel, couple of stout. Croke for 3. See the women.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Puckoon

All sorts of reports coming from home that Tyrone will indeed have a surprise inclusion on the bench- surely this must be a wind up?

Is there any real hope?

supersarsfields

lads I wouldn't entertain that rumour at all.

To mix up a few sayings I'd eat Francie Bellew's grannie if there is. 

EC Unique

Quote from: Puckoon on August 15, 2008, 02:05:41 PM
All sorts of reports coming from home that Tyrone will indeed have a surprise inclusion on the bench- surely this must be a wind up?

Is there any real hope?

No! ...... It is far too late in the Year for that I think :-\

Final Whistle

theres a storma brewing by all reports!! a super tornado is due to hit north dublin approximately 17.01 tommorrow.

i have a feeling that tommorrow is going to be one of them unforgettable days akin to;
derry Vs Tyrone 1995
armagh Vs Tyrone 1994(how many steps did plunkett take???)
derry Vs Tyrone 1996

all them jackeens will all look like proper drowning rats on the hill!!!! Keep the stuff nice and dry lads!!!! oj

Me-nicely sheltered!!!! :-*

Puckoon

Quote from: EC Unique on August 15, 2008, 02:19:06 PM
Quote from: Puckoon on August 15, 2008, 02:05:41 PM

Is there any real hope?

No! ...... It is far too late in the Year for that I think :-\

Hope there is always my young padewan

Zapatista

Quote from: Final Whistle on August 15, 2008, 02:24:09 PM

all them jackeens will all look like proper drowning rats on the hill!!!!

I hope not. An electric Hill during a Dublin match is what will make it great for most neutrals.

Fuzzman

Was onto a few Clann lads there and apparently IT IS TRUE

This was the master plan all along that Stevie would play with the club til now and see how it goes and if he gets fit and is doing well for the Clanns which he has been I believe then he can walk straight into No 13 again alongside Big Sean and Tommy

Apparently Mickey paid him £5K also and give him the freedom of Ballygawley

Hang on
Here comes that storm now in from the West

ONeill

If Stephen was to return it'd be very unfair on the present panel and completely counter-productive. That's why it's a complete non-starter and I'll run naked from Drumcondra to the Carrickdale if something like that happened. Anyway I saw him this morning boarding a plane to South Ossetia.

Puckoon

What you talking about fuzzman - lynette hughes will be wearing number 31 tomorrow!! Where did SON come out of?

Oneill, you must want to run naked somewhere, anywhere this year.

Buttofthehill

Quote from: his holiness nb on August 15, 2008, 01:24:51 PM
I saw the comments about the Dubs trying to "physically intimidate" Tyrone. Cant see that happening.
The Dubs have been on their best behaviour this year (in the championship  ;) ), and its worked well. Tyrone on the other hand have been involved in several niggly moments, and its worked well. I can see Tyrone trying to turn this into a dogfight, as if its played sportingly and based purely of footballing ability, deep down they know this is a Dublin side they will struggle against.

Cue McMenamin and co trying to start rows and throw sly digs whenever possible to try to rattle the Dubs. If Dublin react, they will be n trouble, if they dont, I predict a 3-4 point win.
**3-4 points down from 5-7 in an earlier predicition as the forecast is terrible and I think this will suit Tyrones style of play better than Dublins.

Either way, should be a great occasion, I hope all gaaboarders, Dublin or Tyrone, have a great day out!

Id go along with that. But just to clarify, I dont think there's anything wrong with a corner back roughing up his marker. Part of the game IMO.

If McMenamin can get an advantage by doing this so be it.

If you could pick one, Henry or McMenamin in your team?

ONeill

Gonna stick on the 05 Quarter tonight to begin the build-up. Trying to remember what the mood was before that game. We'd bounced back from the Ulster-final that never was to defeat Monaghan comprehensively after a scare. Dublin were flying. Mmmmm...