Tír Eoghain vs Áth Cliath '08

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, August 03, 2008, 05:57:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

D4S

Really excited about the game, I will be one of the split Down support that will be cheering Tyrone on! I'm fairly confident that Tyrone have a huge game in them and where else to prove all the Mickey Harte doubters wrong than in a game like this!  If Tyrone win tomorrow Tyrone are in the all ireland semifinal and all those who called for his head after the Newry replay will be eating humble pie.  Louth - Westmeath - Mayo - now Dublin, each game getting progressively harder will be perfect preparation for Tyrone whilst the dubs haven't played in 5weeks! Good Luck Tyrone ;)

PS  Surprised at how few pages there are devoted to this game I thought after the draw this thread would hit 100pages...the Down Tyrone one had 92 or 93 I think in the build up and over the 2matches!
The secret of success in life is for a man to be ready for his opportunity when it comes.

under the bar

QuoteI can see Tommy scoreing 5 off the the left foot 5 off the right foot and 1 with the fist.

It was 7 with the left but we'll not split hairs........ ;)

Fuzzman

Quote from: the_daddy on August 15, 2008, 10:36:43 AM
Was talking to a few guys I would consider very reliable sources on Wednesday and yesterday and they're adamant that there will be a late addition to the panel wearing number 31.

Is the man you mean?

You don't use this login much do ya The Daddy?

Are there many ot ye Tyrone posters living in Dublin?
I only know 2 others so far bar myself.

lynchbhoy

I fear for Tyrone that they will get a bit of a tanking tomorrow
Although the Dubs are still far from as good as they could be, I can see them winning comfortably by 5 points, more if Dublin hit form.

heffo

Quote from: orangeman on August 15, 2008, 10:55:47 AM
I see ticketmaster are selling away at tickets for the match - last night they were selling good lower cusack seats.

Why is this when all the clubs got were Upper Cusack, Upper Hogan and Davin Stand ??

Jaysus, maybe the nordie paranoia wasn't misplaced after all - all the Dublin clubs got the pick of the best seats!

under the bar

QuoteWas talking to a few guys I would consider very reliable sources on Wednesday and yesterday and they're adamant that there will be a late addition to the panel wearing number 31.

It's just been on the news!   Hugh Douglas is returning in midfield!  

orangeman

Quote from: under the bar on August 15, 2008, 12:18:10 PM
QuoteWas talking to a few guys I would consider very reliable sources on Wednesday and yesterday and they're adamant that there will be a late addition to the panel wearing number 31.

It's just been on the news!   Hugh Douglas is returning in midfield!  

Sean Teague us coming back to sort out Pillar and a few of the Dublin subs !

Zapatista

Quote from: the_daddy on August 15, 2008, 12:11:11 PM
I wouldn't be so quick to jump Fuzz, one of the sources was a clubman of your own and generally when he tells me something about Tyrone it turns out to be pretty spot on.

Now I know it's a wind up.

Final Whistle

i heard something on the grapevine also. wheni say grapevine i mean a big f*ck off branch, and when i say something i mean its collosall!!!

corn02

For all the yapping you done Tankie, how come it is not a sell out?  ;)

his holiness nb

I saw the comments about the Dubs trying to "physically intimidate" Tyrone. Cant see that happening.
The Dubs have been on their best behaviour this year (in the championship  ;) ), and its worked well. Tyrone on the other hand have been involved in several niggly moments, and its worked well. I can see Tyrone trying to turn this into a dogfight, as if its played sportingly and based purely of footballing ability, deep down they know this is a Dublin side they will struggle against.

Cue McMenamin and co trying to start rows and throw sly digs whenever possible to try to rattle the Dubs. If Dublin react, they will be n trouble, if they dont, I predict a 3-4 point win.
**3-4 points down from 5-7 in an earlier predicition as the forecast is terrible and I think this will suit Tyrones style of play better than Dublins.

Either way, should be a great occasion, I hope all gaaboarders, Dublin or Tyrone, have a great day out!
Ask me holy bollix

Final Whistle

i gaurantee that some will have a better day out than others though!!! :D :D

D4S

Quote from: AFS on August 15, 2008, 11:58:08 AM
Quote from: D4S on August 15, 2008, 11:30:50 AM

PS  Surprised at how few pages there are devoted to this game I thought after the draw this thread would hit 100pages...the Down Tyrone one had 92 or 93 I think in the build up and over the 2matches!

Think that might explain it a bit.

Also there are more Down posters here than Dublin ones to add to the debate. And aswell the Down -Tyrone draw was made last year leaving months in the build up to that thread, whereas this game was only fixed a fortnight ago leaving only two weeks for discussion.

I'm not thick AFS, I know the draw was made well in advance and there were 2 matches as you liked to highlight, I was only remarking I was surprised as this is a huge high profile game at the business end of the championship.
The secret of success in life is for a man to be ready for his opportunity when it comes.

Zapatista

That's a very lazy prediction HH, I have come to expect better from you.

Hound

Quote from: D4S on August 15, 2008, 01:35:45 PM
Quote from: AFS on August 15, 2008, 11:58:08 AM
Quote from: D4S on August 15, 2008, 11:30:50 AM

Think that might explain it a bit.

Also there are more Down posters here than Dublin ones to add to the debate. And aswell the Down -Tyrone draw was made last year leaving months in the build up to that thread, whereas this game was only fixed a fortnight ago leaving only two weeks for discussion.

I'm not thick AFS, I know the draw was made well in advance and there were 2 matches as you liked to highlight, I was only remarking I was surprised as this is a huge high profile game at the business end of the championship.
Jeez, calm down, nobody called you thick. But over 600 posts in a few days is pretty good going. And the quality infinitely better than whatever number of pages the Down-Tyrone thread  ;D

Quote from: Zapatista on August 15, 2008, 01:39:33 PM
That's a very lazy prediction HH, I have come to expect better from you.
Do you predict Ricey won't throw any sly digs?  ;)