5) flask otae
6) 4 pack harp for traffic jams
7) blue extra
8) Canavan holy medal
9) hat for sun
10) hat for rain 
Chief Wiggum

under the bar

If Dubin win it will be their biggest win of the last 13 years.   Talk will immediately turn to the AIF and Sam coming home.   They will get so distracted and Pillar will be so busy slapping his own monkey off his back that Wexford will turn them over in the semis.  Mark my words.

Gabriel_Hurl

heffo

Quote from: under the bar on August 14, 2008, 04:00:21 PM
If Dubin win it will be their biggest win of the last 13 years.   Talk will immediately turn to the AIF and Sam coming home.   They will get so distracted and Pillar will be so busy slapping his own monkey off his back that Wexford will turn them over in the semis.  Mark my words.

So Dublin can't win either way is what you're saying?

Doohicky

Quote from: feetofflames on August 14, 2008, 04:00:15 PM
Tyrone tick / take list
1) original Tyrone fans jersey from 03 or before Was gonna do that but settled on the retro '86 top that I bought a while ago
2) Boogiemen Cd
3) beard Check
4) hang sandwiches No need, am staying with a dub from the Friday
5) flask otae See above
6) 4 pack harp for traffic jams See above
7) blue extra Not the blue ones! Special edition red and white! :P
8) Canavan holy medal :P
9) hat for sun Check
10) hat for rain  Hooded coat for me

Good list!

Erne Gael

Quote from: feetofflames on August 14, 2008, 04:00:15 PM
Tyrone tick / take list
1) original Tyrone fans jersey from 03 or before
2) Boogiemen Cd
3) beard
4) hang sandwiches
5) flask otae
6) 4 pack harp for traffic jams
7) blue extra
8) Canavan holy medal
9) hat for sun
10) hat for rain 

11. ear muffs for the dubs outsinging you lot
12. a tail. (to put between your legs on the way home)
13. Tissues

Hound

Quote from: under the bar on August 14, 2008, 04:00:21 PM
If Dubin win it will be their biggest win of the last 13 years.   Talk will immediately turn to the AIF and Sam coming home.   They will get so distracted and Pillar will be so busy slapping his own monkey off his back that Wexford will turn them over in the semis.  Mark my words.
If that did happen, Pillar should get on to Brian Cody for tips prior to the semi-final, and how to get up for Wexford even after you hammered the shíte out of them the last time! Wexford used to get the odd result v KK due to capitalising on a little complaceny, but it doesnt happen any more.

Certainly whoever wins Tyrone v Dublin, will need to be 100% focused and not under-estimate Wexford in any way.

under the bar

Quote11. ear muffs for the dubs outsinging you lot

Not during Amhrán na bhFiann!  It'll be the usual Dub hum-a-long.

ziggysego

I'm not that long after chatting to a Fermanagh fortune teller.

She has been giving me her prediction for this weekend.......

Tyrone will definately be meeting Wexford in the 2008 All-Ireland Senior Semi-Final, however her crystal ball is telling that Saturday's game could go to a draw.

She says that it's too far to predict the result of the Semi-Final, but she give me an early prediction with a health-warning.
Testing Accessibility

take_yer_points

Quote from: under the bar on August 14, 2008, 04:34:13 PM
Quote11. ear muffs for the dubs outsinging you lot

Not during Amhrán na bhFiann!  It'll be the usual Dub hum-a-long.

You think they'll be in by that time then?

Osama bin Dublin

Just to be different i'll throw out this scenario

Tyrone to play out of their skins & beat dublin(not likely)
Tyrone get over confident & lose to wexford
Cork to play out of their skins & beat kerry
Cork get over confident & lose to wexford
Wexford win the AI :o

Think i might give paddy power a call.

Hound

If the quarter-final ends level does it still go straight to a replay, or is there extra time now?

Gabriel_Hurl

Tyrone unchanged

QuoteTyrone manager Mickey Harte has named an unchanged team for the All-Ireland quarter-final against Dublin.

Defender PJ Quinn, who missed the win over Mayo, is out injured and Ciaran Gourley retains the number shirt.

Joe McMahon, a last minute replacement in the qualifier win over the Westerners, retains his place in attack for Saturday's game (1600 BST).

Full-back Ross McConnell is recalled to the Dublin team in their only change for the eagerly-awaited match.

McConnell, who was dropped for the Leinster final against Weexford, replaces Kevin Nolan.

Bernard Brogan is back from injury and is one of the Dublin substitutes.

Ten of the Tyrone players who will start at Croke Park featured in the last meeting between the sides - the epic quarter-final tie of 2005, which Harte's men won after a replay on their way to a second All-Ireland title in three years.

But there's no place in the starting line-up for Owen Mulligan, who scored that memorable goal three years ago.

He has recovered from injury but, despite making substitute appearances in the last two games, must be content with a place on the bench.

Tyrone, the only Ulster county left in the race for the Sam Maguire, are 3-1 outsiders with the bookmakers to go through to the semi-finals.

Dublin are second favourites to land the Championship in September, behind holders Kerry.

Dublin: S Cluxton; D Henry, R McConnell, P Griffin; C Moran, B Cullen, B Cahill; C Whelan, S Ryan; D Connolly, J Sherlock, K Bonner; A Brogan, C Kearney, T Quinn.

Tyrone: J Devine; R McMenamin, Justin McMahon, C Gourley; D Harte, C Gormley, P Jordan; R Mellon, E McGinley; B Dooher, B McGuigan, Joe McMahan; T McGuigan, S Cavanagh, C McCullagh.

Fuzzman

As Victor Meldrew would say

I don't believe it

Maybe he's gonna play Sean as the lone striker and pack the midfield and hope to win it in the home leg back in Omagh. 

omagh_gael

I'd say that the team that'l be lined out at 4pm Saturday will be re jigged, wat you's think?