Tír Eoghain vs Áth Cliath '08

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, August 03, 2008, 05:57:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tyrone Dreamer

Charlie Redmond says in the paper today that "Dublin will beat Tyrone next Saturday" - no ifs or buts. Might not bother going to the game now.

heffo

Quote from: Tyrone Dreamer on August 10, 2008, 01:21:17 PM
Charlie Redmond says in the paper today that "Dublin will beat Tyrone next Saturday" - no ifs or buts. Might not bother going to the game now.

Journalist makes prediction ahead of championship game. Real wall of the dressing room stuff.

Hound

I can't believe it!

A pundit makes a prediction!

Fookin hell. I'm not turning up either.

Tyrone Dreamer

Pundits usually give their opinions and say who they think will win. Charlie Redmond didnt say he thought Dublin would win, he said they would win.

clarshack

when the draw was made i was confident enough of tyrone beating the dubs but the results of the last couple of weekends have made me very less confident. will ulster have no semi-final representative for the 3rd year in a row?

ziggysego

I'm of the same frame of mind as you. We got to keep the Ulster flag flying and keep our date with destiny against Wexford. Shaved by the way, lovely clean face now. I feel good :)
Testing Accessibility

heffo

Quote from: Tyrone Dreamer on August 10, 2008, 03:43:40 PM
Pundits usually give their opinions and say who they think will win. Charlie Redmond didnt say he thought Dublin would win, he said they would win.

Cut out the article and post it to Mickey Harte - he can base his teamtalk around it - "Dya see what the 'Dublin media' think of our chances - he didn't even preface his prediction with a 'in my opinion'."

ps - what are you doing reading The Sunday World?

Jell 0 Biafra

Do you stick "in my opinion" at the top of your bookie slips?

Joe Umbrella (hey)

Te dirty dubs against the dirty divers - sure to be a classic, come on de nordies!

heffo

Quote from: Joe Umbrella (hey) on August 10, 2008, 05:25:48 PM
Te dirty dubs against the dirty divers - sure to be a classic, come on de nordies!

Jesus it's 1975 again  ;)

red hander

Quote from: ONeill on August 09, 2008, 07:36:41 PM
We owe Wexford one for the NFL semi final. Then again, we beat them in their patch in the back door of '02.

How do they face the Dubs after that mauling - hardly any motivation needed!

Wexford beating us by a point in that NFL semi-final in Portlaoise was the best thing to happen us in 2005 ... the team 'meeting' in the corner of the pitch after the game as the rain came down in sheets seemed to sort a few things out judging by the intensity of the discussions going on among the players...

ziggysego

I saw the look of disappointment on the Tyrone players' faces after the Down replay this year in Newry. No way they'd want that to happen again in one season.

Tyrone will cruise to a comfortable victory, after a shaky start.
Testing Accessibility

orangeman

Talking to a lot of neutrals they can't bear the sight of Dublin winninh nut they all reckon Dublin will have a bit too much for Tyrone on Saturday - Tyrone will need everything to go right for them to win on Saturday.

How are the tickets ?

ziggysego

I've applied for my ticket orangeman.

When are the tickets available on ticketmaster.ie as my sister wants me to get her two.
Testing Accessibility

orangeman

Quote from: ziggysego on August 10, 2008, 08:27:29 PM
I've applied for my ticket orangeman.

When are the tickets available on ticketmaster.ie as my sister wants me to get her two.

Way too late there Ziggy - sold out last week.