Tír Eoghain vs Áth Cliath '08

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, August 03, 2008, 05:57:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tyrone Dreamer

Dont think they were happy with me being offended with them saying that a certain Tyrone player was a "stuttering little f--ker".

Donagh

full back

Someone has a major chip on their shoulder

"it really does show them up for the sister shagging, pitch fork weilding, dungaree wearing, dub wanabee silage eaters that they are"

:D :D

CoDeo2

QuoteAny action gonna be taken??

Yeah they said theres a load being shipping in tonight so dont be worrying.

heffo

Quote from: Tyrone Dreamer on August 07, 2008, 08:33:51 AM
Dont think they were happy with me being offended with them saying that a certain Tyrone player was a "stuttering little f--ker".

Don't know who they're referring to, but it can't be good for the aul sledging if you have a stutter - I wwwassss rrrriiiddinnnnggg yeeeerrrrrr mmmmmaaa llllasssst nnnnighhttttt'

Lamh Dhearg Alba

Quote from: Hill16 Blues on August 06, 2008, 08:15:53 PM
The defeat earlier to a Down team who embarrassed themselves last weekend poses serious questions re the strength of Tyrone this year.

I wouldnt have thought so, Down is always a potentially very difficult game in the Ulster Championship and even the class of 2003 (a better Tyrone team than the current one) had an epic game against them before going on to win Ulster. Down didnt reach anywhere near the same level against Wexford.

All that said there are many questions about the strength of Tyrone. Everybody knows the team isnt near as strong in attack as it was in 2003 and 2005 and even though the quarter final has been reached the team hasnt really turned in a really strong performance for a good while, since Donegal last year probably. Dublin are overhyped I think but thats the nature of the beast with the big support, the wait for Sam and the media focus on them. They certainly have a more settled team than Tyrone, have the momentum and are playing with confidence (and desire). They will win by a few points in my opinion, 5 or 6.

As an aside the charge the McMenamin took out Brogan in 2005 is complete bull, didnt happen. That kind of thing though and the similar nonsense about Tyrone being cheats etc at least suggests we are seen as a threat again as it only seems to surface when Tyrone are contenders and have other teams worried.

D4S

I really expect the dublin players to be unbelievably hyped up for this...they will be like men possessed! If they are to win they will need to hold back on this aggression in yer face attitude it isnt a nice aspect to their game...haven't seen it this year but I think it will rear it's ugly head if there's a tight match next week in croker, and throw in the hatred for tyrone (maybe it's a jealousy thing).  Could potentially lead to scenes like Omagh.  If they win in a tight encounter I'd imagine they'll be going off the field cheering into the tyrone players faces rather than congratulating each other and shaking hands like most other sporting counties!
The secret of success in life is for a man to be ready for his opportunity when it comes.

Rois

Quote from: D4S on August 07, 2008, 02:40:01 PM
IIf they win in a tight encounter I'd imagine they'll be going off the field cheering into the tyrone players faces rather than congratulating each other and shaking hands like most other sporting counties!

Ah come on, if they win in a tight encounter, they're all sportsmen, and both teams will behave like it when the whistle's blown at the end of the game, no matter what happens during it. 

red hander

That reservoirdubs stuff is hilarious, jaysus they have a real persecution complex about everybody hating them (true) and some of the bile directed at Tyrone makes me feel delighted that our lads have really got under their skin... we aren't the team we were, no doubts, but Tyrone will be up for this one, and although i don't believe we'll win Sam this year, I'll settle for beating these over-hyped jackeens

D4S

Quote from: red hander on August 07, 2008, 03:01:04 PM
That reservoirdubs stuff is hilarious, jaysus they have a real persecution complex about everybody hating them (true) and some of the bile directed at Tyrone makes me feel delighted that our lads have really got under their skin... we aren't the team we were, no doubts, but Tyrone will be up for this one, and although i don't believe we'll win Sam this year, I'll settle for beating these over-hyped jackeens

I don't hate the dubs at all, if they play great football such as that in the 2nd half of leinster final they're brilliant to watch! I'm just saying I hate it if they start all that other in yer face crap...hopefully they won't! And if they beat Tyrone I'll want them to go on and win the all ireland for definite if they play armagh in semi followed by kerry in the final!  But it's a hard run to win Sam and if they do it they'll have beaten the 3 teams en route who hold the last 6allirelands!
The secret of success in life is for a man to be ready for his opportunity when it comes.

his holiness nb

If they win in a tight encounter I'd imagine they'll be going off the field cheering into the tyrone players faces rather than congratulating each other and shaking hands like most other sporting counties!

Resdubs is gone to shite, but is this shite any better?
Ask me holy bollix

Tankie

Quote from: his holiness nb on August 07, 2008, 04:10:42 PM
If they win in a tight encounter I'd imagine they'll be going off the field cheering into the tyrone players faces rather than congratulating each other and shaking hands like most other sporting counties!

Resdubs is gone to shite, but is this shite any better?

the discussion is better on resdubs with anything regarding Dublin tho!
Grand Slam Saturday!

supersarsfields

That's just cause you's all pat each other on the back there.  ;)

Coddler

Quote from: Puckoon on August 06, 2008, 08:36:55 PM
Quote from: Coddler on August 06, 2008, 08:03:57 PM
ONeill. One specific incident from the 05 replay that did not endear Tyrone to the Dubs. Early on in the game with not much between the teams and Brogan was going well enough. He attempted to kick the ball from out near the sideline and McMenamin foot blocked the attempt injuring Brogan's ankle and forcing his replacment. Dublin's best forward  taken out in one neat move. I'm not 100% sure but I don't think he received a yellow for the dangerous tackle either so happy days all round for the stubbly one.

I saw this happen myself Coddler - Im not sure if it was in the wardrobe, or on out in Narnia. ::)

There was zero reference to any fouling action on McMenamins part, and considering the number of replays shown of him that day where he accidentally clipped quinns head in the first half, and the fact that any incident involving him is subject to the highest levels of scrutiny - the commentary team that day mentioned nothing.

So, ill have to call bullshit on that one.

So McMenamin has previous form for a footblock on Quinn in the drawn match. Brogan's sustains an ankle injury after a clash with McMenamin out near the Cusack sideline in the replay and is out for 3 months. But beacause RTE (remember Ger Canning works for them) did not mention  a footblock then it's in the realms of a Narnia fantasy to say that Brogan was injured through a footblock?
Have a look at your video recordings and DVDs again lads

Puckoon

You can blame Ricey for alot of stuff. Most of us will put our hands up and acknowledge it. Your report of Brogans injury is the first such report.

Fact - Ricey executed a footblock Vs Opinon (mine) whether he meant for the foot to get there or not isnt certifiable - he made a great (IMO) effort at blocking that shot. It hit his foot.

Fact - Ricey was just coming off the McEntee incident, and his every move was highlighted by RTE, and commentated on by RTE - he was heavily scrutinsed. He hit Quinn a dunt after he missed his first free - RTE were honed in on Quinn after he missed the second one, just waiting for Ricey to shoulder him again - he didnt let them down. There was no mention of a footblock from anywhere within the RTE game panel that entire day - not even after the sunday game programme that night.

Fact - Alan Brogan went off injured (an ankle ligament injury I believe (that part is my opinion) ) Vs Opinion (yours) that Ricey executed an intentional footblock with a side intention to have dublins star man taken out of it.

Opinion (mine) If it is that easy to take Brogan out of it with a footblock - he will be gone within 10 minutes on Sunday. I think you are clutching at straws with regards to Brogans injury. I will watch it again however, as it never gets old watching Mugsy bury one in the hill.