Tír Eoghain vs Áth Cliath '08

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, August 03, 2008, 05:57:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

time ticking away

Quote from: DUBSFORSAM1 on August 03, 2008, 10:52:08 PM
Just a pity the game is 18 months later and is on a summers day not a winters night and Gormley is in poor form and Brogan is playing a lot better...

yeah yeah yeah... talk is cheap ;)
canavan is the man canavan is the man ee aye adi ooh.......

The Gs Man

This should be the worst tie of the round.  Both teams have a tendency to dive and use adverse tactics.  I think I'll give this one a miss to be honest. 
Keep 'er lit

down22

Quote9th/10th
All Ireland Minor & Senior Football Championship Quarter Finals (4)

It's a good thing someone didn't go ahead and book flights for the 16th thinking the Tyrone/Dublin match would be on the 9th/10th.....

The Gs Man

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on August 03, 2008, 11:07:01 PM
Quote from: The Gs Man on August 03, 2008, 11:03:32 PM
This should be the worst tie of the round.  Both teams have a tendency to dive and use adverse tactics.  I think I'll give this one a miss to be honest. 

Thank fcuk you won't make it, your discomfort would kill me!

I didn't think it would be so easy, but you proved me wrong... :D

Keep 'er lit

johnpower

Just logged in this thread will hit the 70 + pages I reckon . Have not seen the Tyrone Mayo game so cannot judge how good or not Tyrone are but most Tyrone fans are confident that the form is back .

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: johnpower on August 03, 2008, 11:18:52 PM
Just logged in this thread will hit the 70 + pages I reckon . Have not seen the Tyrone Mayo game so cannot judge how good or not Tyrone are but most Tyrone fans are confident that the form is back .

Not sure that we are John, but the Jacks will bring whatever we have to bring out, back out.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

orangeman

Any word of when Tyrone minors play ? Will it be in Croker on the same day by any chance ?

Mike Sheehy

The Dubs are well pissed off the game was moved from the 9th....they are agitating to get the DCB to get it changed back....bit too late now lads.

http://www.reservoirdubs.com/forum/index.php?topic=3304.30

stephenite

With the extra time allowed giving Tyrone a massive lift they could well squeeze into a semi final.

I can see Pillar choking again and getting spooked into doing something particularly stupid and passing this onto his long tormented players who proceed to hand the game to Tyrone

Zulu

I think Dublin will win this by 3-4 points, they have a really impressive forward line, a good midfield and decent backs. And IMO Tyrone's best day's are behind them, I have seen nothing this year to suggest that Tyrone can live with Dublin and I expect a Dublin/Kerry final to transpire.

Mike Sheehy

QuoteI can see Pillar choking again and getting spooked into doing something particularly stupid and passing this onto his long tormented players who proceed to hand the game to Tyrone

Agreed. I'm constantly amazed at how amatuerish Dublin are in their mental approach and their reaction to events. Any top side has to adapt to the uncertainty of the championship whether its a long lay-off as a provincial winner (I think we had 6 weeks last year) or playing 2 games within a week in the qualifiers. This lark about having their "training plans" disrupted is hilarious. A meticulous approach to preparation is admirable but if you cant adjust to events a week before a game what chance do you have when things go to shite during the game itself. I'm amazed that anyone in the Dublin camp has commented at all. They should have just publicly said they will take whatever comes and then let their county board men get on with it looking after their interests in the background.

Dublin have the players and ability to beat, even hammer, Tyrone but they wont. It seems that no matter what happens they end up with some self-created hulabuloo to deal with. If they played next week they'd have worked themselves into a lather about only getting 15000 tickets. Now they'll work themselves into a lather about the disrupted "training plans" instead.  Thank god I'm not a Dublin fan, I honestly feel for the genuine Dublin fan given their  fate is in the hands of such a reactionary management set-up and a huge "fan" base that continually distract them from their goal with all this mawkish, must-acknowledge-the-hill type attitude.

stephenite

I have a lot of admiration for Dublin players and their real fans. I want Dublin to win the All Ireland - I think they would have won at least one in recent years if they had a different manager. He has shown signs of improvement this year and they appear to have some other quality up front to partner Alan Brogan, however I suspect when the pressure is really on Pillar will cost them again. I hope I'm wrong.

rrhf

Great draw for the dubs. Tyrone are done.  Looks to me like they have one hand on Sam Maguire already.  What a sight that will be the him emptying into Croke Park as the Dubs lift Sam, its theres, they deserve it with their total domination in leinster, and I for one think it would be great for the GAA if Dublin were to win Sam.  I can almost see Sam glistening in the september sunshine as Whelo and Ryanair hold her aloft in the Open Top bus in a thronged O Connell Street.  I can envisage Piller lying on a Dubai beach with Brian Talty on the team holiday whispering "we did it, this years glory was all ours." I have a sneaking feeling that the Dubs could get a record number of all stars  this year and Ryanair looks to have wrapped up the player of the year to boot. Cant ye just see it guys?

ziggysego

It's the stuff of dreams rrhf, Dublin for Sam.
Testing Accessibility

Norf Tyrone

Someone said that on RTE after the match on Sat Dooher said 'we'll have a couple of weeks rest now sure'.
Did he know something we didn't ?
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone