Stevie O'Neill

Started by cadhlancian, August 03, 2008, 01:16:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cadhlancian

Ok, someone somewhere knows the story here!. Its much rumoured in tyrone that there is conflict between Mickey Harte and O'Neill. However there has 2 be people on these boards that know the story pretty well, particularly from the north west end of the county! Lets try and form a concerted opinion on this on the basis of our findings,,thanks

Puckoon

You want a concerted opinion?

Stephen O'Neill will not be playing football for Tyrone this year. Its time we let it go (even if I did dream last night that he came on wearing number 27 in todays game in croker :'( ) and continued to support the Stevieless tyrone panel in the quarterfinals.

Doire abú

Quote from: Puckoon on August 03, 2008, 01:28:24 AM

You want a concerted opinion?

Stephen O'Neill will not be playing football for Tyrone this year. Its time we let it go (even if I did dream last night that he came on wearing number 27 in todays game in croker :'( ) and continued to support the Stevieless tyrone panel in the quarterfinals.

I think you're being a bit naive Puckoon if you think this is this guy's first post on GAABoard.

Puckoon

Fair enough assumption doire. Regardless, couldnt care less if its first or 3400th my point remains  ;)

tyssam5

Lads, peoples personal business has no place on here.

cadhlancian

f this is the REAL reason why he isnt playing for tyrone then it has every right to be on this board . Tell me this? Either the manager or the player should let tyrone fans know the REAL story. Then  If Mickey Harte resigned in the morning , he would be back on the panel on monday night, so if the 2005 footballer of the year isnt playing because he has a BIG gripe with the manager, then if this isnt GAA related what is???

P>S 2nd post ~~~~

Puckoon

How is the personal relationship between two men involved in an amateur organisation something which either of them should divulge to tyrone fans? What do they owe you that makes you think this story should be common knowledge? Have they done more for you or you for them so far in their inter county playing and management careers? No one has lied about anything.

Tyrones own

Don't know whether you're right or wrong but the fact that you started
a new account to ask the question speaks volumes..  :-\
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

cadhlancian

again, if theres nothing to it then so be it, however Stevie O'Neill retired due to Injury? I guess my point really is, or my question is.....was this really the case?

Hound

Without O'Neill, it'd be very hard to see Tyrone beating Kerry, Cork or Dublin. With O'Neill on board they'd be a match for anyone. Don't know why there should be a shroud of secrecy over why one of the county's best players is not involved...

pintsofguinness

Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

orangeman

This story has been speculated on before - I think it's inappropriate to the board - so please leave it.

Canalman

This thread should be terminated immediately before it gets out of hand (which it will).

Hound

Indeed terminate immediately, speculating about why the star player is omitted will result in more northern paranoia than anyone can take

cadhlancian

exactly hound!  Tyrones best forward isnt playing because of his relationship with the manager,,,why the secrecy? With him playing I would have Tyrone as joint favs to win sam 2008, with out him it will be a lot tougher,,,if this isnt relevent to the current tyrone team then what is?