Dara O Se

Started by rrhf, August 02, 2008, 11:08:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hardy

I'm looking forward to seeing the two of them roughing each other up. It's a part of midfield play that's dying out because of card-waving Mary Poppins referees.

haranguerer

f**k me, Paddy Heaney writes an article about the good battle hes expecting between Dara O Se and Clerkin, and suddenly everyone forgets that Clerkins brutal. The absolute height of his potential, on his very best day, is to stop a good player playing. Hes also not going to stand toe to toe with O Se again. There'll be no battle today. 

bcarrier

motm in my view. A real great.

orangeman

When the chips were down Dara stood up and was counted and showed the player that he is - a real elgend bt then what else did we expect from him other than class ?

magickingdom

congrats on the 70th dara and well done today, yet another great game, hes an animal of a man and has taken some abuse over the years. john o leary played 70 championship games for the dubs but he was hidden away in goals...

rosnarun

Delighted to see Dara pull it out of the fire for kerry . I dont think he get half the accliam he should . its get harder every game to argur that hes the best player of his generation . A tough bastard but a legend
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

Mike Sheehy

To be honest, I dont like threads like this. It just sets players up for those gobshites that invariably surface at the next defeat telling you how such-and-such a player was "found out" and how they knew he was shite all along. No doubt Clerkin will come in for this kind of punishment now as will whelan or Cavanagh when/if their respective sides lose.

A great day at the office for Dara, no doubt, but he'll know well enough that Monaghan were a mystery at midfield today. They seemed to compete physically everywhere except at the exact location the ball was landing.

Tatler Jack

Quotehes an animal of a man and has taken some abuse over the years.

And given his share of it too :D

In fairness he has been probably the best midfielder over the past 20 years and without him Kerry would not have won so much.

SLIGONIAN

He is the closest ive seen to the complete midfielder, catching, spoiling opposing plays, passing, running at defences and scoring, but the main thing is when the going gets tough Dara delivers every time. Now this yr to my eyes he is not in the best shape fitness wise but his presence alone and influence as always imense. Some say he doesnt get enough credit, jees dont know about that he gets alot from my gaa circles. No man could argue with calling him the one the greats of the game.
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

orangeman

Quote from: rosnarun on August 03, 2008, 09:52:20 PM
Delighted to see Dara pull it out of the fire for kerry . I dont think he get half the accliam he should . its get harder every game to argur that hes the best player of his generation . A tough b**tard but a legend
[/b]

Very fitting !

Keepthefaith93

Dara O'Shea is without doubt one of the greats and he plays football the way its meant to be played, ask no favours give no favours. There are plenty of boys around the country who could take a leaf out of his book.

rrhf

eh so no figures on say Canavans championship appearances or Pat Spillanes for comparison. 

smcafee

i once seen a picture of o se taking a piss on the pitch before the start of a game for kerry.

a disgrace.

orangeman

Quote from: smcafee on August 04, 2008, 09:33:07 AM
i once seen a picture of o se taking a piss on the pitch before the start of a game for kerry.

a disgrace.

Same with that English woman in the marathon taking her knickers down for the whole word to see !  ;) ;) Was that a disgrace too ?  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

smcafee

Quote from: orangeman on August 04, 2008, 10:02:01 AM
Quote from: smcafee on August 04, 2008, 09:33:07 AM

a disgrace.

Same with that English woman in the marathon taking her knickers down for the whole word to see !  ;) ;) Was that a disgrace too ?  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
i think you have that photo in your bed side locker.