MAJOR ROW IN THE ARMAGH CAMP

Started by sammymaguire, August 01, 2008, 10:39:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sammymaguire

Enda McNulty's absence from the Ulster Final has caused a major row amongst the Armagh ranks as it has been reported that McNulty refused to join the rest of the team for the post match meal in a Monaghan town hotel and would also not join a team photo with the Anglo Celt trophy following the refusal of manager Peter McDonnell to replace Andy Mallon with McNulty following his injury on 45 minutes in last Sunday's game. For obvious reasons, the Armagh camp has kept this one under wraps but I thought I would throw it out there...   ;D
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

corn02

full back

Well done sammy ::)
I hope Kildare beat ye & give 15 shades of sh1te out of ye

topgun

i did hear that enda read the riot act after the drawn game, hes a strong minded and an experienced campaigner, who wouldnt be there if he didnt think that he was good enough to still compete at that level.
a prophet is not recognised by his own

Uladh

was mallon not injured in the first half?

rrhf

People always givbe a huge amount of credit to the Cross club and its well deserved but can i just say
Mc Donnell
Tierney
Mc Nultys
Mc Geeny
all Mullaghbawn men
If they put as much effort into their home club as they did Armagh, surely there would have been a rival for Cross over the last 10 years.

Uladh

Arguably only McDonnell has given anything back to Mullaghbawn though, in terms of coaching, etc.

rrhf

Talk about a county no club in Ireland could cope with losses like that.  Any Mullaghbawn men want to diplomatically put their views accross. 

sammymaguire

boys I am only reporting what I have been reliable informed about... I appreciate the Armagh-heads might not like to hear this sort of stuff but its going on. I hope this rift does not distract the team from their focus of progressing in their quest for their 2nd Sam Maguire but sounds bad  :D
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

brokencrossbar1

As someone with a major foot in both camps(I am half Mullaghbawn as half the team are first cousins and my mother is from their)  I can categorically state that I do not think that we would have had as much success if McGeeney and the McNulty's had stayed involved in Mullaghbawn.  They were a huge loss not just for their ability but at a time when they had a very good young team coming through they had no real leaders.  Also they lost other good club players like Shane Collins during that time and had to rely on players who were commited but not of the same calibre.  I do not think that Cross would not have dominated but I do not think we would have had the unbeaten run we have had.

But sure if my ma had a dick she'd be my da so it doesn't really matter.

As for sammy, shure these sorts of rows always happen.  I am sure if it did happen both Enda and Peter are big enough men to gt over it.  The cup is still in Armagh no matter what happens ;D

Sandy Hill

Quote from: rrhf on August 01, 2008, 10:49:13 AM
People always givbe a huge amount of credit to the Cross club and its well deserved but can i just say
Mc Donnell
Tierney
Mc Nultys
Mc Geeny
all Mullaghbawn men
If they put as much effort into their home club as they did Armagh, surely there would have been a rival for Cross over the last 10 years.
What is the relevance of this snide remark on this thread?
"Stercus accidit"

full back

Quote from: sammymaguire on August 01, 2008, 11:08:20 AM
I hope this rift does not distract the team from their focus of progressing in their quest for their 2nd Sam Maguire but sounds bad  :D

I hope the fact that ye cant put the ball over the bar wont distract Fermanagh in their quest to lift their first ever Anglo Celt over the next 100 years or so :D

stpauls

have been away from Mullaghbawn for quite a few years now, but i am not sure that the loss of these players would be a factor in them not competing with Cross for titles. as far as I know, there is only 2 maybe 3 players from my age group actually still playing for Mullaghbawn seniors, and i was on a team that won everything at underage level up until minor. now i know in them days the leagues were only south armagh leagues, but we still won them. so it is not just them leaving that has been a factor. certainly having the likes of McGeeney and the McNultys still playing would certainly help them compete a lot more, but the are other underlying factors that they need to look at before the can progress to the level Cross are at. maybe Real1995 can give us a bit more insight into this?

sammymaguire

Quote from: full back on August 01, 2008, 11:12:52 AM
I hope this rift does not distract the team from their focus of progressing in their quest for their 2nd Sam Maguire but sounds bad  :D

I hope the fact that ye cant put the ball over the bar wont distract Fermanagh in their quest to lift their first ever Anglo Celt over the next 100 years or so :D

BOOM BOOM! cheap blow
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

smcafee

Quote from: sammymaguire on August 01, 2008, 11:34:50 AM
Quote from: full back on August 01, 2008, 11:12:52 AM

BOOM BOOM! cheap blow
maybe tom elliot did have a point