The Official FC Kaunas thread

Started by T Fearon, July 31, 2008, 04:11:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

T Fearon

;D Great result last night away against last year's SPL Runners Up.

Can we finish the job at home but? ;D

Croí na hÉireann

Awe ffs Tony, now ur gonna resurrect the Rearrangers thread... Hold on, how did that one end???  :D
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

Minus15

T Fearon

Tonight's the night...if our defence can only keep an eye on the deady Kyle Lafferty ;D

lynchbhoy

dunno Tone,
a rangers win would surely help the co-efficient to enable Celtic to go straight into next seasons CL group stages again and avoid these painful early season qualifiers.

I'd see your artmedia bratislava and raise you a victoria zizkov !
:D

T Fearon

But a FC Kaunas win would surely provoke mutiny in Govan (with Watty Smith liable to be hung from a crane in the shipyard), further hamper the Huns in their attempt to sign players (even Davis wou;dn't want to come, even if they could afford him)and hand the Celts a mighty psychological boost before the league season even starts

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: lynchbhoy on August 05, 2008, 12:45:01 PM
dunno Tone,
a rangers win would surely help the co-efficient to enable Celtic to go straight into next seasons CL group stages again and avoid these painful early season qualifiers.

I'd see your artmedia bratislava and raise you a victoria zizkov !
:D

Ideally, the Orcs go through tonight, get tanked by Aalborg and go into the less lucrative UEFA cup, there by still increasing the countrys co-efficient and keeping rankers playing meaningless games and not being able to concentrate solely on the SPL.
Tbc....

lynchbhoy

Tone, there was mutiny all last season and the ranger fans are not happy - re-signing kenny miller didnt help things there either.

GDA - thats prob closer to what Celtic shoul dbe hoping for, a run in the uefa cup to stop them being able to concentrate fully on the spl - as lets face it, although Celtic are a far better side/squad, they have a real lack of strength in depth and a long spl and CL season will cause injuries,tiredness and loss of form - so while a lot of fans will laugh if rangers disgrace themselves again in the second leg, Celtic should be hoping for the them to win, which would guarantee a fourth in a row

nifan

Do celtic have any decent youth coming through?
Any chance of young Daniel Lafferty getting a run out in the lower cup competitions even?

Main Street

The game does pose a dilemma should Kaunas go a goal up. ;D

It's risky depending on the Danes to beat Rangers, if they meet in the 3rd round.
Bad scenario is Rangers in the CL losing all their games but taking a share of Celtics TV money and adding nothing to Scotlands co-efficients.

Strange enough, the Uefa games give the same co- efficient value as the CL games, Rangers could do a lot of good work there, ploughing a lonely furrow, to improve Celtics CL position.

Whatever will be will be.

mhacadoir

Quote from: nifan on August 05, 2008, 01:23:53 PM
Do celtic have any decent youth coming through?
Any chance of young Daniel Lafferty getting a run out in the lower cup competitions even?

i like the look of cillian sheridan, and paul caddis can be a real star, im not sure about daniel lafferty but would be good to see him coming through.

i will be hoping for a kaunas victory, cant bring myself to want rangers to win! however, the danes who they can play next are managed by morten wieghorst, from the team that stopped the ten, so good luck to them!

TacadoirArdMhacha

As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

Hound

Absolute screamer of an equalizer. Free kick from 35 yards.

I thought the Rangers keeper didnt look great v Liverpool, and hasnt looked too clever from the highlights I've just seen.

Main Street

;D
GOOOOAAALLLLL.

awful awful defending by Rangers

Square Ball

Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid