Started by orangeman, July 31, 2008, 11:33:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

whyarerefssobad

could someone explain how they have more right than the teams this weekend
always look on the bright side

Stevie Nicks

Quote from: Oriel Man on July 31, 2008, 11:49:29 AM
Quote from: Stevie Nicks on July 31, 2008, 11:47:35 AM
Armagh and Galway both deserve their quarter finals in Croker but it doesn't look like it so I hope both have a home quarter final at least.
No way is that Fair!!!! Neutral Venues like all the other quarters (Technically in Dublin's case)
Provincial titles are starting to lose meaning at the minute, can't see how any team who have been beaten can complain about playing a quarter final anywhere in the country.

D4S

The secret of success in life is for a man to be ready for his opportunity when it comes.

Stevie Nicks

???That's what I am saying they deserve home quarter finals matches against teams coming out of the back door as some sort of reward for being provincial winners. Teams coming out of this weekends game should be glad to be in a quarter final no matter where it is played

Bensars

However most teams will want to play in Croke Park when given the oppurtunity irrespective of being provincal winners or not. Especially teams who may not have experienced it  much in recent years.

Irrspective of the  number empty buckfast  bottles, Armagh like all others sould be allowed to play !  ;)

Lecale2

Where would Armagh play a home Q/F? Crossmaglen? Are the Pathetic Grounds open?

Maybe Davitt Park in Lurgan should get the honour.

D4S

Quote from: Lecale2 on July 31, 2008, 12:14:11 PM

It could be against down so play it as a home fixture for Armagh in Pairc Esler, we'll give you a lend of it ;D  It's on the Armagh side of the river anyway so it's as good as a home tie!
The secret of success in life is for a man to be ready for his opportunity when it comes.

upthehoops

Quote from: Stevie Nicks on July 31, 2008, 12:07:41 PM
???That's what I am saying they deserve home quarter finals matches against teams coming out of the back door as some sort of reward for being provincial winners. Teams coming out of this weekends game should be glad to be in a quarter final no matter where it is played
And where in the name of God would Armagh be able to play a home AI Q/f

Lecale2

Quote from: Lecale2 on July 31, 2008, 12:14:11 PM

Tankie

I really dont see what the big fuse is about here. i woul support the GAA on this one as in other years they would have forced Dublin to have a double header which made no sence as it was bad financially and not fair on the loyal Dublin supports who have filled the stadium since the start of the championship!
Grand Slam Saturday!

armaghniac

Quoteloyal Dublin supports who have filled the stadium since the start of the championship!

Where were these loyal fans during the league? Dublin league games didn't have much larger attendances than Armagh,  Tyrone  etc.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Tankie

Quote from: armaghniac on July 31, 2008, 12:40:04 PM
Quoteloyal Dublin supports who have filled the stadium since the start of the championship!

Where were these loyal fans during the league? Dublin league games didn't have much larger attendances than Armagh,  Tyrone  etc.

you could ask the same about alot of counties fans during the championship, 8k at the tyrone game last week and now they expect to play in croker?
Grand Slam Saturday!

Bensars

They dont expect tankie.  They are !

You talk of Croke park as if Dublin own it.

Tankie

Quote from: Bensars on July 31, 2008, 12:44:44 PM
They dont expect tankie.  They are !

You talk of Croke park as if Dublin own it.

No i dont but its no fair on dublin fans to miss out when they have been going all championship when there are other stadia available for these other games to take place!
Grand Slam Saturday!