For the attention of OWC'ers

Started by Jim_Murphy_74, July 30, 2008, 03:46:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Evil Genius

Quote from: ziggysego on July 30, 2008, 04:36:11 PM
In fairness EG, I can't start threads.

Don't need to be able to start a thread - just tack it onto the end of the existing GAA thread, as JM suggested.
"If you come in here again, you'd better bring guns"
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

An Fear Rua

has anyone posted it ? its hardly a big ask lads, its not as if your reputation is on the line or anything.
Its Grim up North

Evil Genius

Quote from: screenexile on July 30, 2008, 04:50:49 PM
Quote from: Evil Genius on July 30, 2008, 04:30:35 PM
Quote from: Jim_Murphy_74 on July 30, 2008, 03:46:21 PM
...seeing as there generally is a cross-fertilisation of topics betwen here and "Other NI Sport" on your wee website (usually something painting us a terrorist supporting filth(c)) could someone maybe cut and paste the following in there.  It is sourced from elsewhere on this discussion board  http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=7499.0

Belfast CĂșchulainns win Under 16 Hurling Championship at Youth Games

Is there any reason why you can't join OWC, as other GAA fans have done, and post it yourself? After all, I and other members of OWC have no difficulty in doing the reverse on here.

P.S. Good to see young people being brought together by sport.

I've tried to join OWC a few times EG and they seem to be quite selective as to who they let in. Don't know for what reason I wasn't allowed as my username was screenexile and nothing offensive.
I've really no idea why you had a problem, unless it was at a time of high activity (around match days?), when they often suspend new memberships for a few days. This saves Bandwidth and deters trolls*

P.S. I think most members would find it funny to be told they're "quite selective" as to who gets let in!  :D

* - As does not allowing general e-mail addresses like hotmail (though I think these are allowed if someone vouches for you).
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

Solomon Kane

Quote from: T Fearon on July 30, 2008, 05:14:25 PM
Well then ask your OWC chums why it is great they canplay hurling/shinty together but not soccer?

They can play soccer together, and I'm sure some of them do. After all, these are all Belfast schools aren't they ;D

Evil Genius

Quote from: Jim_Murphy_74 on July 30, 2008, 05:02:15 PM

EG,

2 reasons:

1) I don't want to give my work e-mail address to the admin there and my company does not allow me use other e-mail addresses.  (I could get around this by posting on my own time outside of work)
2) I don't want to pay the admin to post there.

Anyway my post was a much an experiment to see how fast news travels and the influence of it's nature on it's speed.  

/Jim.

1. Fair enough;
2. You don't actually have to pay the (one-off) Admin Fee, though after 100 or so posts, one of the Mods is liable to drop a gentle hint!
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

Evil Genius

Quote from: T Fearon on July 30, 2008, 04:42:56 PM
Wouldn't it be great also if young kids from all over this island played soccer together under one organisational umbrella and for one island wide national team?

I know. My Uncle often used to hark back nostalgically to those far off days, before the Splitters broke away....
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

stephenite

Jim_Murphy_74

Mathematically speaking:

V=F-1*Cp

/Jim.

An Fear Rua

Im intrigued as to why none of the OWC lot would do Jim a favour and add the post to the relevant section.
Its Grim up North

Jim_Murphy_74

Quote from: An Fear Rua on July 31, 2008, 01:49:23 PM
Im intrigued as to why none of the OWC lot would do Jim a favour and add the post to the relevant section.

An Fear,

It's mathematical:  The velocity of which an item travels from here to OWC is inversely proportional to how favourable the item is to the GAA.  The constant Cp is the coefficient of prejudice against the GAA.

In deference to the lads active here: EG, NiFan, ChrisOWC I don't expect them to do it as the can respond here.  I'm more thinking of the lurkers who are usually in like Flynn to report on things here when it suits the agenda. 

Isn't that right Woodstock et al?

/Jim.

nifan

I havent posted on OWC in quite a long time either,

An Fear Rua

Quote from: Jim_Murphy_74 on July 31, 2008, 03:07:48 PM
Quote from: An Fear Rua on July 31, 2008, 01:49:23 PM

An Fear,

It's mathematical:  The velocity of which an item travels from here to OWC is inversely proportional to how favourable the item is to the GAA.  The constant Cp is the coefficient of prejudice against the GAA.

In deference to the lads active here: EG, NiFan, ChrisOWC I don't expect them to do it as the can respond here.  I'm more thinking of the lurkers who are usually in like Flynn to report on things here when it suits the agenda. 

Isn't that right Woodstock et al?

/Jim.

You mean Roger still hasnt figured out that typing "bigotboard.com" into the browser doesnt automatically redirect ? ;)

Its Grim up North

fred the red

Quote from: nifan on July 31, 2008, 03:12:13 PM
I havent posted on OWC in quite a long time either,

so do you the find theres more banter and reasonable posters on this board then?  ;D

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

fred the red