3G iPhone

Started by mournerambler, July 30, 2008, 03:12:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

screenexile

Quote from: lurganblue on March 04, 2010, 09:23:51 PM
Anybody know if the nano works the same as the iPod touch and can sync with lots of different computers?

Nano yes - Shuffle no

lurganblue

Quote from: screenexile on March 22, 2010, 06:36:49 PM
Quote from: lurganblue on March 04, 2010, 09:23:51 PM
Anybody know if the nano works the same as the iPod touch and can sync with lots of different computers?

Nano yes - Shuffle no

feck I went ahead and tried to sync the nano with another iTunes but when I connected it I got a prompt saying that it would wipe the current content or transfer

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

ONeill

down6061689194

I know on an old contract I kept on for another 18 months and they said your entitled to a new phone, take it when you want. So maybe just continue the contract and get one on release?

omagh_gael

I'v had my iPhone 3G for 20 months and just switched to £20 simplicity after my contract finished 2 months ago. I have been paying £7.50 insurance every month and the phone is on pretty rough condition at this stage. So I'm thinking of 'accidently' dropping it in water as it says the policy covers water damage and claiming a new handset.

My query is...does anyone have any previous experiences of doing this or anything similar? Are there any pitfalls I should avoid or any situations were o2 can say tough sh*t? Or am I a scheming dog and deserve F all? :)

Nally Stand

Questions about the 3GS lads and lassies,

Seriously thinking about gettin a 3GS on the 24 month contract with o2, at £35 a month, with the phone itself costing £179. My firs question is am I wise??

Second question, there is an option for using your iphone as a modem which costs an extra £10 a month. What does it mean by using your phone as a modem? (Im not too on the ball with all the technology around this whole area).

Final question (still related to the point above) with the iphone, rather than using the 3G about the house, can I use the internet on the phone through the house's wireless internet and if so, does this mean having to pay that extra £10 a month to use the phone as a modem??

Apologies if these are stupid questions but i really havent a clue about how it all works and just want to be in the know before making the leap. Go raibh mile
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

omagh_gael

I'm not sure about the modem part Nally Stand but could it be something to do with accessing the net using other devices and contecting to the internet through the iPhone internet signal? Could be miles of though.

On your final point, you can definitely use your wireless signal at home through your iPhone free of charge as I do this all the time. Also to let you know I don't think there is anywhere in the north where you can access the 3G signal which is a bit sh*t. It seems almost everywhere in the free state can access it on o2 ireland.

omagh_gael

Really HS? Iv never picked it up anytime in the north! Blatant discrimination against us Westies!

ONeill

Quote from: omagh_gael on April 18, 2010, 04:28:04 PM
Really HS? Iv never picked it up anytime in the north! Blatant discrimination against us Westies!

If you're Orange, a good bit of West of the Bann is covered. O2 is mostly Belfast/Lisburn. Vodaphone has bits and pieces across the statelet whilst T-Mobile has only Windsor Park.

http://www.three.co.uk/Help_Support/Coverage/UK_networks_uncovered

Minder

Quote from: Nally Stand on April 18, 2010, 03:35:05 PM

Seriously thinking about gettin a 3GS on the 24 month contract with o2, at £35 a month, with the phone itself costing £179. My firs question is am I wise??

Second question, there is an option for using your iphone as a modem which costs an extra £10 a month. What does it mean by using your phone as a modem? (Im not too on the ball with all the technology around this whole area).

Final question (still related to the point above) with the iphone, rather than using the 3G about the house, can I use the internet on the phone through the house's wireless internet and if so, does this mean having to pay that extra £10 a month to use the phone as a modem??

Apologies if these are stupid questions but i really havent a clue about how it all works and just want to be in the know before making the leap. Go raibh mile

Nally - I would wait to the new Iphone comes out in a couple of months, they will be doing their damndest to shift existing stock and would have you believe there isn't a new one coming out. As regards your second question, what you are talking about is "tethering" whereby if you had your laptop out somewhere you could connect the phone to the laptop to use the Internet. Thirdly you can use your Iphone through your homes wireless signal at no cost.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

omagh_gael

Quote from: ONeill on April 18, 2010, 05:33:53 PM

If you're Orange, a good bit of West of the Bann is covered. O2 is mostly Belfast/Lisburn. Vodaphone has bits and pieces across the statelet whilst T-Mobile has only Windsor Park.

Good to see a bit of cross community work is going on at least!

Cde

Quote from: ONeill on April 18, 2010, 05:33:53 PM

Feckin fenians getting screwed again

ziggysego

I got it in Cookstown last week.
Testing Accessibility

supersarsfields

Quote from: Minder on April 18, 2010, 07:50:26 PM
Quote from: Nally Stand on April 18, 2010, 03:35:05 PM

Nally - I would wait to the new Iphone comes out in a couple of months, they will be doing their damndest to shift existing stock and would have you believe there isn't a new one coming out. As regards your second question, what you are talking about is "tethering" whereby if you had your laptop out somewhere you could connect the phone to the laptop to use the Internet. Thirdly you can use your Iphone through your homes wireless signal at no cost.

I've been holding of since the end of March but I'm getting slightly p*ssed of now that there hasn't been any mention of any launch date. Making do with an old handset here now and if i thought I was going to have to wait any longer than the summer then I would go ahead and just get the old Iphone.