Football Quarter Finals

Started by Mickey Linden, July 30, 2008, 10:25:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mickey Linden

I know this thread is a little bit premature but just heard that the Dublin game will be played next saturday in croker as a stand alone fixture regardless of the results in the qualifiers and the resulting quarter final draw! 

the Deel Rover

Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

upthehoops

Hope we are at least in the draw to play the Dubs ;)

Davitt Man

is it an open draw for the quarters? Can Mayo get Galway or Kerry get Cork in the quarters??

Pot A maybe                        Pot B
Mayo                                  Dublin
Wexford                             Galway
Fermanagh                          Armagh
Kerry                                  Cork

Canalman

Deel Rover,

Likewise, us Dubs are praying for Mayo in quarters. Alot of taped post match trash talking to motivate the team and the supporters.

Fully expect you to beat you Tyrone.

the Deel Rover

Quote from: Canalman on July 30, 2008, 11:00:06 AM
Deel Rover,

Likewise, us Dubs are praying for Mayo in quarters. Alot of taped post match trash talking to motivate the team and the supporters.

you must be refeing to conoreeen 's cupla focail after 2006 Canal man jesus ye's boys are easily offended  ;):D
Crossmolina Deel Rovers

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: Davitt Man on July 30, 2008, 10:48:38 AM
is it an open draw for the quarters? Can Mayo get Galway or Kerry get Cork in the quarters??

No.

D4S

You can't have a repeat of a provincial final!  But if Down win we can get Armagh even though they played in the Ulster Semifinal.
The secret of success in life is for a man to be ready for his opportunity when it comes.

stpauls

does anyone know what the setup is for this year, ie do Ulster play Munster, or what way are the games organised to be?

ildanach

quater final is open draw and the semi is leinster v ulster and connacht v munster i think
Statistics are like a bikini. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital.

heffo

Quote from: the Deel Rover on July 30, 2008, 11:03:17 AM
Deel Rover,

you must be refeing to conoreeen 's cupla focail after 2006 Canal man jesus ye's boys are easily offended  ;):D

Thats the one!

Davitt Man

Quote from: ildanach on July 30, 2008, 11:51:03 AM
quater final is open draw and the semi is leinster v ulster and connacht v munster i think

Aug 24th

All Ireland Minor and Senior Football Championship Semi-Finals (Connacht/QF V Munster/QF)

Aug 31st

All Ireland Minor and Senior Football Championship Semi-Finals (Leinster/QF V Ulster/QF)

the Deel Rover

Quote from: heffo on July 30, 2008, 11:55:25 AM
Deel Rover,

Thats the one!

to tell you the truth i don't think the Dublin Team need any motivating they seem very foccused this year and just concentrating om playing football, are they still walking up to the hill arm in arm or have they cut that shite out ? I was at the match in 2006 and there was great banter between the Dublin and Mayo supporters . i'd take  Morts comments with a pinch of salt thats just they way he is a cocky little fcuker :D
Crossmolina Deel Rovers

Davitt Man

Quote from: the Deel Rover on July 30, 2008, 12:01:15 PM
Quote from: heffo on July 30, 2008, 11:55:25 AM
Deel Rover,

Thats the one!

to tell you the truth i don't think the Dublin Team need any motivating they seem very foccused this year and just concentrating om playing football, are they still walking up to the hill arm in arm or have they cut that shite out ? I was at the match in 2006 and there was great banter between the Dublin and Mayo supporters . i'd take  Morts comments with a pinch of salt thats just they way he is a cocky little fcuker :D

Dublin have cut out all the sideshows none of the walking up to the hill rubbish, this year there just keeping the head down and playing football.

D4S

Read in Irish News today Kenny Archers article, he talks about the fixture headache the GAA have for next weekends quarter finals.  Seems as if only 2 of the quarter finals will be held in croke park.  The Dubs on Saturday and one other on the sunday before the hurling semi which will most likely be then a cork double header hurling and football.  Will leave 4 other counties very angry that they dont get to play their quarters in croke park if that is the case....

Would make you think that is obviously why the gaa had 2 double headers this week so it will slightly soften the blow to at least some of them as they already got a game in croke park.  What does everyone think about this?
The secret of success in life is for a man to be ready for his opportunity when it comes.