Napoleon Dynamite

Started by Orior, July 29, 2008, 09:17:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orior

On now on Film 4. Catch it again at 10pm on Film 4+1
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

pintsofguinness

Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

achadh gallain

i absolutely love this film, its just so stupid and pointless and makes me laugh..

Loads of people hate it though and give me abuse for liking it.. obviously these people dont have taste or a sense of humour!!  ;)

the milkman

harlechman

laceer

Quote from: the milkman on July 29, 2008, 10:44:46 PM
great show!

have to agree - takes a few times watching it to realise what its all about.just a stupid funny show.you laugh at something different every time

pedro

St. Patricks GFC - Louth SFC Champions 2003, 2004, 2007, 2011, 2012, 2014 & 2015

screenexile

Are you guys having a killer time?

Awesome film... you willl know from the start when he throws the He-Man out the window whether you'll like it or not... I think it's awesome!

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=MuMWXhT5ewg

Main Street

Not my style but there is a good 3 minutes when "Music for a Found Harmonium" is played as part of the soundtrack near the end.
An instrumental covered by Patrick Street and part of their live set.

Turlough O Carolan

Supposedly permission was never sought from Patrick Street for including their music  - it is their version on the movie. It did not appear on the soundtrack. Some great lines in that film, my favourite, "you're ruining all our lives and eating all our steak."

Main Street

I don't think it was Patrick Street's version but I'm open to correction.
There is a harmonium intro in the film and PS have an Andy Irvine mandolin intro.

The Penguin Cafe Orchestra wrote the tune and they use a harmonium intro.

nifan

Good movie, but certainly one people love or hate.

I love the Rex Kwon Do scene.

gallsman

"Back in 82, I could throw the football over a mountain"

Our Nail Loney

Its ok, some funny bits, not as good as everyone makes out.

Only seen it once though, suppose I would needa see it about fifty times like all you have!

stpauls

watched it last night for the first time, and to be honest, it wasn't a funny as people have it made it out to be, though i still laughed my ass of at some parts!!
i like these kinds of movie, which is why i was a bit disappointed, but as someone said, it may just take watching it a couple of times to really appreciate it!!