Diving Hall Of Shame- Rules/Regs/Voting

Started by DJGaliv, July 29, 2008, 04:59:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

billy the kid

I totally agree about Marsdens character and previous good behaviour but that doesnt change the fact that he struck Jordan on the chin it just means it was out of character and he never done it before.

The reason Armagh got beat that day was Tyrone were the better team, played the better football, had the better tactics and they deserved it.  Tyrone were the better team from start to finish and some the people on here need to stop eating the sour grapes and go back to munching apples.
If it moves hit it
If it doesnt hit it anyway!!

Keepthefaith93

There has probley always been a bit of diving and playing acting in football but i really do believe this Tyrone team has brought it to a whole new level. I wonder do they actually practice it at training because some of them are absolutely brilliant at it as a matter a fact the only team i have ever seen who could give them a run for their money is Porto. The other thing i would like to say is that gaa fan should even if they dont agree with the diving should respect how good Tyrone players are at it, in my humble opinion they are true artists. ;D ;D ;D ;D

ONeill

Quote from: Take Your Points on July 31, 2008, 09:38:55 AM
Quote from: Goats Do Shave on July 30, 2008, 03:47:50 PM
The only thing that riles me about the incident is Tyrone people ALWAYS claim the morale high ground on the issue, convinced that it was the right decision!

On reading this thread, it would appear that they permanently camped on the high ground.

That's because - we are higher ground!
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Mike Sheehy

QuoteRE the Spillane incident - yes I did see it with my own two eyes along with several thousand other people- I can't at this stage specify the year but think it was 1978 or 1979. ( I'll go look at the Ulster Council website to try and identify it.  I will never forget the incident as I had to restrain an elderly clerical relative from charging the wire he was so insenced.  Derry fans were so annoyed they nearly wrecked the Hogan Stand and as I said they were subject to a big fine.

Did you not know Kerry people can do things like that?

It could only have been in 1976 which was the only time Kerry played Derry in a semi-final in Spillanes time. Your uncertainty on this, along with your uncertainty about the player involved makes me sceptical.  What makes me even more sceptical is how much you Nordie lads hate spillane and how much you like to have a go at Kerry, how come this incident hasn't been brought up before ? 

AN other

Quote from: magpie seanie on July 29, 2008, 09:24:12 PM
I nominate Denis Glennon. Maybe someone could help me with specific cases - there are many to choose from. My memory is gone to hell but I think Sligo v. Westmeath qualifier a few years back is a good place to start.

Strange you can't finger a specific case if there are so many to choose from there Seanie. It's one thing being knocked off the ball easily and waving arms around like Glennon does, but it's another thing diving. You're obviously still a bit sour over that game, you'll get over it someday...