Milk Cup - marred by sectarianism Dub teams called Fenian b.astards

Started by Gaoth Dobhair Abu, July 29, 2008, 12:10:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

theskull1

Quote from: Chrisowc on July 30, 2008, 09:08:17 PM
Quote from: hardstation on July 30, 2008, 09:03:21 PM
The milk has turned sour alright. Probably no point crying over spilled milk. Fearon is milking it.

You don't paint a pretty picture :o

Made my stomach churn did that
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

theskull1

It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

MW

Quote from: stew on July 30, 2008, 06:17:03 PM
Football For All takes another hammering, the Milk Cup has now been hijacked by loyalist scumbags

It is no wonder that some people think that nothing has changed with football in the north with this sort of carry on.

::)

Like Tony you'll twist anything round into an opportunity to have a go at Northern Irish football and the IFA. Pathetic.

Finally, I dont think there will ever be the day when people from both sides of the community will be able to play nice without some gypsy ruining everything for everybody.

Lovely bit of racism there. Well done. ::)

MW

Quote from: Main Street on July 29, 2008, 11:55:00 PM
The OWC night shift on patrol ::)

Righto, so there's something untoward about the time some people post at now ::)

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

I see SammyG is on the missing list again.
He hasn't posted here in ages - hope he's ok.  ;)
Come back Sammy, all is forgiven.
Tbc....

Evil Genius

Interesting post on a Shamrock Rovers Fans Forum (they have a team in the Milk Cup):

Originally Posted by hopperob 
im up here now in the milk cup with rovers 17s. i was talkin to a few cherry orchard and crumlin lads and they said that the orchard lads were shouting out up the ra to protestant people in the nearby estate.they also had Celtic and Ireland flags hanging out of there windows.both teams are now staying in hotels nearby.

http://www.srfcultrasforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6801&highlight=sectarian

I've no idea whether the above is reliable or not, but if it is, it suggests that maybe a bit of boisterous behaviour by a few of the Cherry Orchard players might have produced a stronger reaction than they expected. (Not that it would justify lobbing stones and insults and frightening everyone else who was staying in the flats, mind)
"If you come in here again, you'd better bring guns"
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

nifan

The milk cup organisers have stated they think it was drink fuelled scumbags. Im inclined to agree until there is some more concrete evidence to the contrary.

Evil Genius

Quote from: nifan on July 30, 2008, 11:14:01 PM
The milk cup organisers have stated they think it was drink fuelled scumbags. Im inclined to agree until there is some more concrete evidence to the contrary.
It would certainly be no surprise at all if drink was a factor at 10.30 pm on a hot summer night on a housing estate. It just maybe that the teams first attracted attention by hanging flags out the window (hardly objectionable in itself). Before you know it, some locals gather to hurl abuse, causing a couple of the bolder young Dubs, in high spirits, to respond with a couple of chants of their own, which in turn leads to stones being fired.
In most normal circumstances, this wouldn't be much more than teenagers indulging in the usual "Did You Spill My Pint?"/"Are You Looking at my Bird?" sort of thing. But being out of their depth, the visitors probably won't have realised that in parts of NI, this can attract a few altogether more sinister individuals, intent on taking things to an much more serious level.
Fortunately, a combination of responsible heads amongst the visiting teams, with police back-up, managed to get things under some sort of control before it escalated even further.

Anyhow, if my conjecture is even halfways correct, it would suggest that this really had sod all to do with football, other than that the Dublin lads happened to be in town for a tournament i.e. it could have been a school trip, or something, and led to the same sort of problem.
"If you come in here again, you'd better bring guns"
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

tyssam5

Quote from: An Fear Rua on July 29, 2008, 01:31:22 PM
Any clues as to who donalmac really is?, 4 posts in on this thread and nothing to say on the topic, new to the board but already shows a broad understanding of Fearons background. Theres a pattern here......

My guess is SammyG.

Based on two very weak shreads of evidence.

Solomon Kane

Quote from: Main Street on July 30, 2008, 08:45:18 PM
It would also appear that Gaelic Games are generally looked upon by the OWC as a bog sport played by bigots.

Bullshit. The truth is, on the OWC site Gaelic games barely get a mention. Sometimes if there is something of note in the press, Darren Graham for example it will be debated there and on other forums. The recent final also got a bit of a mention as well, but in truth it doesn't get talked about that often.

Yes I Would

But many watch it i reckon. They just wouldnt like to be seen to admit it on such a forum.

An Fear Rua

Quote from: Solomon Kane on July 31, 2008, 12:18:36 AM
Quote from: Main Street on July 30, 2008, 08:45:18 PM
It would also appear that Gaelic Games are generally looked upon by the OWC as a bog sport played by bigots.

Bullshit. The truth is, on the OWC site Gaelic games barely get a mention. Sometimes if there is something of note in the press, Darren Graham for example it will be debated there and on other forums. The recent final also got a bit of a mention as well, but in truth it doesn't get talked about that often.

Anois teacht an Earraig, beidh an lá dul chun síneadh...., We're on the road again....  123» 20
Its Grim up North

carribbear

Quote from: nifan on July 30, 2008, 08:52:48 PM

Has the culture minister attended NI games? Ive never seen him or heard of him being there?

Mr Poots indeed attended a GAA match, but of course did so under his own terms.....Is God save the Queen still played at NI soccer matches? Its the only "queen" that Iris Robinson and Ian Paisley Jr would approve of.

Thursday, 17 January 2008
The North's Sports Minister Edwin Poots is calling for an end to the playing of the Irish national anthem ahead of GAA games in the North.

DUP politician Edwin Poots also says he wants to see an end to the naming of sports grounds after Irish patriots.
Mr Poots became the first DUP politician to attend a GAA match in an official capacity last night when he watched the McKenna Cup game between Donegal and Down in Newry.
He was welcomed to the game by GAA president Nicky Brennan.
However, he arrived late as part of a protest against the playing of Amhran na bhFiann before the game.

Chrisowc

Quote from: Yes I Would on July 31, 2008, 12:26:32 AM
But many watch it i reckon. They just wouldnt like to be seen to admit it on such a forum.

Why?
it's 'circle the wagons time again' here comes the cavalry!