So if your house was going up in flames...

Started by pintsofguinness, July 28, 2008, 11:31:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pintsofguinness

...the family is safe, (so are the pets) but you've got a few minutes to save a few things - what would they be...

For me it would be...
The box in the bottom of the wardrobe full of programmes, ticket stubs, saved newspapers etc from the last 20 years
The Box set of the West Wing
Frasier Series 1-11 box sets

It would be a lot of carry - but the adrenaline would carry me through
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

ONeill

Nothing.

Nothing in the world is worth the safety of my family and I. Those who sacrifice the possibility of harm for material goods should be rounded up and sent back to England.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Son_of_Sam

After People & Pets of course.

Mayo jeresies (esp. 1989 & 1996)
GAA Programmes
Family Photos
Grans old singer (family heirloom), fckn would take some effort in a rush though.
1989 Mayo build up to the Final video & 2006 Mayo V Dublin DVD.

Puckoon

Great thread POG - and not necessarily fire - I think about the natural disaster all the time, and as such have a plan in place - Well its more of a box, which sits beside the door. "Pucks natural diaster box". The thing is I dont have anything in it. However, Id grab the guitars and my fathers watch and thats about it. Everything else I own of any decent value is in my car. Golf sticks and Ipod.

Edit - Thats my new car. ;D

ziggysego

I'd grab the hearing aid, wheelchair charger and the glasses.
Testing Accessibility

DrinkingHarp

A bag of marshmallows and a long stick  ;)

www.youtube.com/watch?v=12anBpSpqik
Gaaboard Predict The World Cup Champion 2014

feetofflames

Books burn quickly leaving little residue, even the goldfish will leave bones, so Id save the literature.   reading a great one at the moment
"It aint over till the first ten minutes are up" - a history of Mayo in All Ireland finals. 
"Its Behind you"  - a Mayo full back tells his tale. 
Chief Wiggum

maddog

Quote from: ONeill on July 28, 2008, 11:34:34 PM
Nothing.

Nothing in the world is worth the safety of my family and I. Those who sacrifice the possibility of harm for material goods should be rounded up and sent back to England.

Where would i be sent to then O'Neill?

gerrykeegan

2007  2008 & 2009 Fantasy Golf Winner
(A legitimately held title unlike Dinny's)

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Orior

I'd grab the fire extingusiher. It cost me £20 so i wouldnt like to loose it.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Over the Bar

I'd run to my neighbours house and get his Derry jerseys and throw them on as well ;)

achadh gallain

I'd grab the fiddle and of course the mobile to ring for a fire brigade... The fiddle will be used as entertainment while theyr puttin the flames out, as well as a busking oppurtunity to start savin for the new house!

bingobus

Quote from: Over the Bar on July 29, 2008, 09:32:38 AM
I'd run to my neighbours house and get his Derry Armagh jerseys and throw them on as well ;)

;)  ;D