Red card for Gordon and first prize in acting to..

Started by wobbller, July 27, 2008, 11:36:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

snatter

Back to Dan Gordon's sending off,

does anybody know if there's any chance that it will be rescinded in time for the weekend's game.
Will the referee be invited to reconsider if the TV replay shows he was duped by Clancy?

stiff breeze

Quote from: Tyrone Dreamer on July 28, 2008, 11:04:14 AM
If you's take the anti Tyrone glasses off first and then review that 03 final you'll see that Jordan clearly got struck on the head. I sitll dont think Marsden should have got sent off and Jordan was at fault for the incident but he did receive a blow to the head. Dooher did not dive on Saturday and was clearly struck on the stomach which at the best of times isnt nice, again if the anti Tyrone glasses are taken of you'll see Dooher does not deserved to be mentioned here.

Are there such things as anti tyrone contact lenses or do they only come in the form of glasses?

Keepthefaith93

Wise up Tyrone Dreamer he went down like a sack of shit and he was hardly touched and the sad thing about it is Dooher is a good player and has no call to bring this shite into his game.

Hardy

Quote from: stiff breeze on July 28, 2008, 11:11:32 AM
Are there such things as anti tyrone contact lenses or do they only come in the form of glasses?

They wouldn't be contact lenses anyway.  :)

Over the Bar

Marsden reacted quickly to Jordan running at him by pushing/punching with closed fists, probably to protect himself.   The umpire saw it & reported it to the ref and Marsden was dismissed.   He can have no complaints as the rules do not allow you to raise your hands/fists etc.  To say there was no contact is absurd.

The worst I have seen was Francie Bellew in 04 against Cavan.  For a man who has put many opposing players in hospiital with his bone-breaking style of play, he dropped like a sack of spuds to get his man sent off before a ball was even kicked.

Every team has used the rule that you cant raise your hands to their advantage, so don't go coming over all pious cos you don't like Jordan.

Onion Bag

Quote from: Keepthefaith93 on July 28, 2008, 11:12:24 AM
Wise up Tyrone Dreamer he went down like a sack of shit and he was hardly touched and the sad thing about it is Dooher is a good player and has no call to bring this shite into his game.

Hardly touched, He wasnt touched at all, Marsden ran up to him and he fell, f**k me Tyrone dreamer go home this evening and pull the match out and watch it agin, he  got a man sent of in an All ireland final,
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

stiff breeze

Quote from: Hardy on July 28, 2008, 11:13:33 AM
Quote from: stiff breeze on July 28, 2008, 11:11:32 AM

They wouldn't be contact lenses anyway.  :)

cant believe how slow I was to get this !! lol

stiff breeze

Quote from: Over the Bar on July 28, 2008, 11:14:40 AM

Every team has used the rule that you cant raise your hands to their advantage, so don't go coming over all pious cos you don't like Jordan.

down have never used it, we are above that kind of thing

reddgnhand

Quote from: tram on July 28, 2008, 11:18:45 AM
Jordan did make a meal of the incident in 2003, but he was struck in the face - watch the Irish News special DVD of the match before making any more comments.

Also its funny how "outraged" some Armagh supporters are about that incident yet never bring up the following year when Franice Bellew went down like a "sack of shit" to get a Cavan player sent of in the Ulster semi-final.
[
/quote]

Correct. Not to mention Aiden O'Rourke in the AISF 2005 when he went to ground and had a wee sly look over his shoulder to see if he had won a free. Highlighted by none other than Jarleth Burns. Paddy McKeever highlighted on the sunday game a few seasons back. Stephen Kernan against Galway at Cross in the league. Martin O'Rourke yesterday in the lead up to Tony Kernan's point in the first half. They are worse than Arsene Wenger.     

Over the Bar

QuoteHardly touched, He wasnt touched at all, Marsden ran up to him and he fell

If there was no contact can you explain why is appeal failed at stage 1?

bingobus

This has gone totally off the point and turned into an Olympic Diving thread.

There is no team that can say they don't have any players who haven't dived. The bigger the match the bigger the consequences.

It is time to draw a line under it and get the house back in order.

Was talking to Rory Woods on his take on the Roper incident.  ;)

Onion Bag

Quote from: Over the Bar on July 28, 2008, 11:46:53 AM
QuoteHardly touched, He wasnt touched at all, Marsden ran up to him and he fell

If there was no contact can you explain why is appeal failed at stage 1?

The fact of the matter is, he appealed and he won his appeal coz he was innocent, and Jordan was guilty no matter what way you look at it,
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

full back

There are very few teams if any that are innocent of this type of sh1te.
It is a blight on the game & if players can be done by video evidence after the game for striking etc then surely the fcuk a player can be done for diving/unsporting behaviour.

BTW, it is laughable that Tyrone people are pointing the finger at other counties. Tyrone would be the county that are the worst offenders at this.

feetofflames

If the ref saw it the Westmeath fella deserved to go but in my opinion Dooher tried to con the ref into thinking it was worrse than it was! I don't think the punch Dooher received was enough to warrant him going down as if his kidney exploded, for me the only reason he went down was to get the man sent off and in this case it is a cowardly act not in the spirit of the game! But then it is Tyrone so I wouldn't expect much else really!  Screen exile.

and this all coming from the manc that yaps about entire towns and villages when he gets a bit of a slap on a Saturday night
Some of the posts on here mentioning Dooher are rediculous, whether it was a bad punch or not he had to go and I certainly thought it was a rough one.  Too much interpretation in the GAA not enough black and white, a punch is a punch or as your only ever decent manager said when ye strake ye havta go!!!  How dare anyone criticse a player for falling down when another player has assaulted him.  I seen diving this weekend in the Laois game, the Armagh game, the Donegal game and I can tell you the only diving came from Glennon in the Tyrone game.
Chief Wiggum

feetofflames

I would be more concerned with the guys who think its alright to throw sneaky punches on a footb all field these guys have no place in sport.  Violence has been the scourge of the GAA since it started, its now hight time these guys were dealt with.  If manliness is defined by throwing off the ball punches then we are not into it for the sport at all.  My advice to any player this weekend would be hit the deck if a thug punches ye, because if not tthe referee will not deal with it.
Chief Wiggum