Kerry v Monaghan part 2

Started by Kerry Mike, July 27, 2008, 10:12:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HowdyDoody

Kerry 1-13 Mon 0-12 Sheehan   4 minutes added on

INDIANA

rumours of kerrys demise have been exaggerated.

HowdyDoody

Kerry 1-13 Mon 0-13 T.Freeman

Full Time

orangeman

There was an article in yesterday's Independent headlined - "is this the end of Dara O'Se ?"

I think he gave the answer to that today. When the chips were down and the heat was on, Dara stood taller than the rest.

Kerry are a good side - I thought Monaghan tired to out muscle them in order to counteract Kerry's better footballers - but Mionaghan have good footballers too who can't express themselves when employing these tactics.

Fear ón Srath Bán

OK, I'm a fool (and 10 out of 10 for humour for anyone who quotes that). Well done Kerry.

Anyway, hardly epoch-marking, but Kerry are nothing to fear particularly either; no denying that pure class told in the end, and Tommy Walsh is a very promising addition, and Dara Ó'Sé just did what he does best and he's still a very formidable force, but the Kingdom are not the team they were this time last year, though overall I'm not particularly impressed. And I think most Kerry folk are of a similar mindset.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

INDIANA

bit harsh monaghan played bloody well and surprised me with their quality today, kerry were just a little better. kerry's performance today mate was very good and the game will improve them

orangeman

Kerry have a lot left - Gooch wasn't good today - Monaghan really harried them and Kerry's forwards didn't step up at all -

Why did Kerry take off Big Walsh ?

BallyhaiseMan

Tommy Walsh had that swagger,hes going to be a good one alright, i Thought he gave Dessie Mone real problems,And only for being a touch casual would have kicked over another few from play.

FL/MAYO

Similar to last years game, Kerry's class forwards were the difference, they just  make scoring look simple. Monaghan hit Kerry hard, close to the edge stuff but they gave an example on how to go about beating this Kerry team.   

DUBSFORSAM1

Was it more poor Monaghan forward shooting which cost them...

orangeman

Quote from: DUBSFORSAM1 on August 03, 2008, 05:56:32 PM

Had Monaghan taken the goal chance things would have been different.

MacCruiskeen

Aidan O'Mahoney is a truly great footballer. Small dive in first half, no doubt, but my vote for best player in the country.

INDIANA

thought ruairi woods roasted him to be honest. I apologise to monaghan fans for saying they were shite earlier in the season. they are a fraction away from the bigtime and still a work in progress. really its a disgrace they haven't won Ulster yet, surely that should be the goal rather than leaving themselves to the draw from hell this year. cracking game of football, real championship stuff not like the sort of rubbish we witnessed in the other 3 games. If Mongahan in future can leave Corey at Full back and perhaps be more clinical in Croke Park they could seriously contend for an -ireland . in my view they are the best poised to challenge the big guns. a lot of players now around the age for a real tilt for trophies.

Tyrones own

Quote from: MacCruiskeen on August 03, 2008, 06:23:37 PM
Aidan O'Mahoney is a truly great footballer. Small dive in first half, no doubt, but my vote for best player in the country.

Very very cynical in my eyes TBH but like the rest of the team he seems to get away with it,
BTW how did O'Sullivan get away with relentlessly abusing Deegan like that ??? ....Maybe it's a Kerry thing :-\
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

magickingdom

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on August 03, 2008, 05:41:39 PM
OK, I'm a fool (and 10 out of 10 for humour for anyone who quotes that). Well done Kerry.

Anyway, hardly epoch-marking, but Kerry are nothing to fear particularly either; no denying that pure class told in the end, and Tommy Walsh is a very promising addition, and Dara Ó'Sé just did what he does best and he's still a very formidable force, but the Kingdom are not the team they were this time last year, though overall I'm not particularly impressed. And I think most Kerry folk are of a similar mindset.

fear you miss the point with kerry, all they had to do today was win which they did..

Quote from: orangeman on August 03, 2008, 05:58:27 PM
Quote from: DUBSFORSAM1 on August 03, 2008, 05:56:32 PM

Had Monaghan taken the goal chance things would have been different.

how? kerry getting another goal? they scored 1-2 in a five minute period when they needed to and the game was over

Quote from: Tyrones own on August 03, 2008, 08:30:05 PM
Quote from: MacCruiskeen on August 03, 2008, 06:23:37 PM

Very very cynical in my eyes TBH but like the rest of the team he seems to get away with it,
BTW how did O'Sullivan get away with relentlessly abusing Deegan like that ??? ....Maybe it's a Kerry thing :-\

what game were you watching? did monaghan not get physical at all ffs