Qualifier Predictions (Round 3)

Started by MayoMan, July 27, 2008, 10:08:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FL/MAYO

Monaghan to win, they will physically beat Kerryup around the park and not allow Kerry to play the type of football they like to play. Similar game to last years but Monaghan to come out on top this year.

Down will win easily, Wexford will not recover from that Leinster Final display.

Fermanagh in a close game.

Tyrone and Mayo will be close, will go with Tyrone (reverse psychology). This game depends on which players each team can get back in time from the injury list. Dillon could be the key for Mayo as he was in 2004.

Main Street

Quote from: billy the kid on July 29, 2008, 04:10:57 PM
However Monaghan are going to be playing a Kerry team with a point to prove and there is nothing more dangerous in Gaelic Football.  Also Monaghans element of suprise is gone from last year and Kerry wont be anywhere near as rusty as last year.  Hope Im wrong but think Kerry by a few points.
The element of surprise is for someone who knows little or for some team to do something unpredictable.
This year Donegal and Derry were none the wiser for the knowing of the surprise, if they did not already know last year what most teams already knew then.
Monaghan are now playing Kerry who, in the championship, are a football class ahead of Derry and Donegal, that's most of the reason why Kerry are long odds on to win.

Our Nail Loney

At the end of the year I think most Down fans will be ahppy with the McKenna Cup, watching the Armagh fans crying it out for another year that could have been, too much exerted on the ulster.

tyrone86

Down to beat Wexford in a high scoring thriller
Fermanagh to beat Kildare by a couple
Kerry to continue to be the only team never to have lost a qualifier with a victory over Monaghan
Tyrone

Antrim

Real1995

Tyrone v Mayo - Tyrone
Down v Wexford - Down
Kildare v Fermanagh - fermanagh
Monaghan v Kerry - Monaghan

That makes it 5 out 0f 8 ulster teams in quarter finals for me.......but then again Ulster football is still poor  ::) ::) ::)
Nice guys always finish second!

Oriel Man

Even coming from Ulster, I still can't understand this "Fortress Ulster" mentality. You don't see it in any of the other 3  Provinces.  Maybe it goes back to the days when ulster football was 4th ranked, and whoever got out of Ulster was always the underdog.

Personally, i have a number of Favourite teams (for various reasons) that I like to see doing well. These teams come from all the Provinces. Similarly, there are a small number of teams that I don't mind seeing loosing. I won't name them here (don't want to start another argument), but they come from all Provinces, including Ulster.

Sorry for straying off topic...

billy the kid

Quote from: Main Street on July 30, 2008, 05:47:20 PM
Quote from: billy the kid on July 29, 2008, 04:10:57 PM
However Monaghan are going to be playing a Kerry team with a point to prove and there is nothing more dangerous in Gaelic Football.  Also Monaghans element of suprise is gone from last year and Kerry wont be anywhere near as rusty as last year.  Hope Im wrong but think Kerry by a few points.
The element of surprise is for someone who knows little or for some team to do something unpredictable.
This year Donegal and Derry were none the wiser for the knowing of the surprise, if they did not already know last year what most teams already knew then.
Monaghan are now playing Kerry who, in the championship, are a football class ahead of Derry and Donegal, that's most of the reason why Kerry are long odds on to win.

I agree with this and thats why I predict a Kerry win. So far Monaghan have beat the 2 biggest Championship chokers in recent memory and their now they are up against the most talented group of players in the country who have a major chip on their shoulder and a point to prove and they wont be as ring rusty as last year either. 

Monaghan also dont have the element of suprise they did last year in regards the type of football they play ie. very physical in your face and I just think kerry will no what to expect this year and will come through again.  Hope Im wrong Oriel as it would be good for Ulster to have as many teams through as possible but i Just cant see it.
If it moves hit it
If it doesnt hit it anyway!!

western exile

Tyrone v Mayo - Mayo
Down v Wexford - Down
Kildare v Fermanagh - Fermanagh
Monaghan v Kerry - Kerry

The big 2 Ulster teams, Tyrone and Monaghan, will fall

Whitehair

Tyrone v Mayo - Mayo
Down v Wexford - Down
Kildare v Fermanagh - Kildare
Monaghan v Kerry - Kerry

johnpower

Down#
Tyrone#
Fermanagh
Monaghan

I am basing this on current form .

I am not sure how the beaten provincial finalist will recover from their defeats . I see Fermanagh keeping a tight reign on Johnny Doyle and Kildare struggling to get enough scores .

It will be interesting to see if Mayo have found their best 15 .This is a big test for both Mayo and John O Mahoney to get the heads and tactics right .

Tatler Jack

Tyrone v Mayo - Mayo
Down v Wexford - Down
Kildare v Fermanagh - Kildare
Monaghan v Kerry - Kerry

One win for each of the provinces.

Yes I Would

Tyrone
Wexford
Fermanagh
Kerry - Monaghan Draw. Monaghan ET

Almost forgot Antrim for Tom

Arthur

Tyrone v Mayo - Mayo by a whisker
Down v Wexford - Down by a country mile
Kildare v Fermanagh - Kildare with Fermanagh shooting themselves out of it
Monaghan v Kerry - I honestly think Kerry could be ripe for picking here

Onlooker

Tyrone, Down, Klldare and Kerry (hope I am wrong about this one and that Monaghan win it)

CoDeo2