Cill Dara v Fear Manach

Started by Dinny Breen, July 27, 2008, 07:04:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maguire01

Quote from: DUBSFORSAM1 on August 03, 2008, 05:54:41 PM
Leinster - 3 - Dublin, Wexford, Kildare (but of course still the weakest province)!!!!
Munster - 2 - Cork, Kerry
Ulster - 2 - Armagh, Tyrone
Connacht - 1 - Galway
Yes, Ulster not as strong at the minute, but 2 of those Leinster teams are the two weakest left in the draw, in my opinion, and the two of them will not make the semis.

erne bhoy

Quote from: DUBSFORSAM1 on August 03, 2008, 03:25:31 PM
Does it maybe show that Leinster football isn't nearly as bad as everyone claims and Ulster football isn't that much better if at all...

Are you really going to argue that:
Wexford, Kildare, Westmeath, Dublin

are better than:
Donegal, Monaghan, Tyrone, Derry, Armagh, Down, Fermanagh(even with the last 2 performances)

Although I will say that Dublin are possibly the best team in the country at the moment and imo might well beat tyrone out the gate you cant be serious about the other 3. I do accept that youse have 3 in the QT and we only have 2 but that is largely due to luck of the draw and ulster teams knocking each other out as well but the likes of derry donegal and monaghean must deserve to be in ahead of a poor kildare and a wexford team with diabolical backs

Zulu

Wexford don't have diabolical backs, Wexford beat a Down team that beat Tyrone and ran Armagh fairly close (and all this after a Leinster final humilation) so they must be alright. IMO only Dublin and Kerry are 'outstanding' teams at the moment, the rest are more or less of a similar standard. Ulster is a province full of decent teams but no great team.

Jinxy

Quote from: erne bhoy on August 04, 2008, 12:29:03 AM
Quote from: DUBSFORSAM1 on August 03, 2008, 03:25:31 PM
Does it maybe show that Leinster football isn't nearly as bad as everyone claims and Ulster football isn't that much better if at all...

Are you really going to argue that:
Wexford, Kildare, Westmeath, Dublin

are better than:
Donegal, Monaghan, Tyrone, Derry, Armagh, Down, Fermanagh(even with the last 2 performances)

Although I will say that Dublin are possibly the best team in the country at the moment and imo might well beat tyrone out the gate you cant be serious about the other 3. I do accept that youse have 3 in the QT and we only have 2 but that is largely due to luck of the draw and ulster teams knocking each other out as well but the likes of derry donegal and monaghean must deserve to be in ahead of a poor kildare and a wexford team with diabolical backs

Did you watch any football this weekend?  ???
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Maximus Marillius

I have to say in all of my time watching intercounty c'ship football....Fermanaghs display was easliy the worst that I have ever had the misfortune to sit through.

Gold

bad way to end a good year for Fermanagh

the whole country now sees them in a bad light

they need to work on getting a scoring forward/target man over the winter as their confidence in frony of goal is shot to pieces at the moment
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

wanderer

Well Done Kildare, can't see you getting any further but where the better of two terrible performances on the day. The first game of the Ulster Final seems to have ripped the confidence & morale of the Fermanagh lads to shreds. I honestly don't know what to say about that torture that everyone witnessed yesterday.
As everyone seen, we were nearly averaging a wide a minute at the start and with each one, the level of fight ebbed away a wee bit more. From dominating midfield and the breaking ball in the first 20mins, we absolutely gave it up for the next 50. I can't/don't believe its ability at this stage, it has become a mental crutch with Fermanagh where if we hear it often enough it must be true.
Quite simply they stopped enjoying the game and doing the simple things right

sammymaguire

I know I was going on about Enda McNulty last week but I heard after Mass yesterday that the Fermanagh lads, yes the team, kicked the cr@p out of each other last Sunday night in Lisnaskea after the Ulster Final replay... I am not sure if this explains the display yesterday but after  awonderful couple of months it has all gone terribly flat for Malachy and the whole senior team
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

Erne Gael

hi sammy your not much of a fermanagh fan posting stuff like that across the internet. if this is true it could have been kept quiet enough without you coming on here letting everyone know about it.

sammymaguire

Alot of the Armagh lads think I was only shovelling sh1te on them last week, well regardless of the county I only tell it how it is, and this info was VERY reliable.

If its true it won't create much of a stir outside Fermanagh (probably brushed under the carpert in Fermanagh) but it needs to be nipped in the bud and those responsible now need to be reprimanded by the GAA authorities in the Fermanagh county board
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

FermGael

Quote from: sammymaguire on August 04, 2008, 05:22:59 PM

I know I was going on about Enda McNulty last week but I heard after Mass yesterday that the Fermanagh lads, yes the team, kicked the cr@p out of each other last Sunday night in Lisnaskea after the Ulster Final replay... I am not sure if this explains the display yesterday but after  awonderful couple of months it has all gone terribly flat for Malachy and the whole senior team

Yes the whole team kicked the crap out of each other.  Malachy had Owens by the knee, McDermott, Maguire and Cadden formed a Donagh triple team and took the Gaels contingent out of it.  McGrath and Womble bate lumps out of each other while Lyttle knocked McBarron out with a kick to the head  ::)

Load of dung.  I would check you're sources before you go posting complete and utter drivel.  But then again this would not be the first time in the last two weeks you have posted crap

Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

ExiledGael

sammymaguire

lads I am not getting involved in this any further, it will all come out in the wash soon enough I suppose

onwards and upwards
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

Bord na Mona man

This is the first time I have seen Kildare in the flesh since McGeeney took over.
The most obvious influence is the constant body checking or impedment of the player who has just released the ball to stop him taking a return pass. Very much a Joe Kernan tactic at Armagh.

I'm not sure how good or bad Kildare are, I suspect unlucky against Wicklow and a little bit fortunate in how the fixtures have fallen for them since then.

While their forwards have traditionally been ridiculed, for the past four or five years Kildare's woeful defending has been their undoing.
They at least now have an effective defensive system in operation that choked Fermanagh of space.
However if Cork use the long ball to combat the swarm defence, on average most of their forwards are a few inches taller than Fermanagh's.
I don't think Kildare can afford another slow start the next day out. They have gotten away with it in the last couple of games, but I can't see them managing to exert dominance over the Cork midfield if they do need to reel in a deficit.

FermGael

Quote from: sammymaguire on August 04, 2008, 09:49:46 PM

lads I am not getting involved in this any further, it will all come out in the wash soon enough I suppose

onwards and upwards

Sammy just to let you know that it has already came out in the wash.
I heard it the Monday morning after the Ulster final replay, so the grapevine must be slow in whatever part of the county you are from.
And guess what, it's a pile of dung.
Try and defend the players who have represented you all year and put a huge amount of pride back in the Fermanagh jersey instead of putting
Ole wives tales on a discussion board. 
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered