Tír Eoghain vs Maigh Eo '08

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, July 27, 2008, 06:57:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fuzzman

Any body driving down from Belfast to Dublin at the weekend?

Might need a wee favour.

IM me if you can help

the Deel Rover

i thought Davy Harte played well for ye the last day lads maybe he was used as a free man? He scored a good point and missed one he should have put over but he seemed to be on the ball a lot. Ye seem to be saying that he spends too much time attacking rather than defending the same critism has been made of our own Peadar Gardiner however Peadar showed against Galway that he still has a lot to offer
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

Maradona

Eye off the ball surely....thats why I'm not a manager!

K Higgins in for Gardiner in team 1, in for Nallen in team 2

heard Kelly is playing good stuff at the minute

Maybe we have too many good defenders!!

the Deel Rover

Quote from: Maradona on July 31, 2008, 04:12:45 PM
Eye off the ball surely....thats why I'm not a manager!

K Higgins in for Gardiner in team 1, in for Nallen in team 2

heard Kelly is playing good stuff at the minute

Maybe we have too many good defenders!!

iin fairness to you Maradona you usually make a lot of valid points so your allowed 1 mistake ;)
Crossmolina Deel Rovers

Zapatista

FFS Deel between Maradona and Davey harte it looks like ye where involved in the Paul Galvin case ;)

Fuzzman

I know if I was a team manager I would have my fastest best ball carrier opposite Davey as he's not that tall so kickouts are a problem for him, he's very slow and methodical and recently his passing hasn't been the best although against most teams now there's so many players back in their own half its hard to pick out a descent pass

I think Half backs need to have pace and good passing skills and to me Poor Davey has neither in abundance

the Deel Rover

Quote from: Fuzzman on July 31, 2008, 04:22:24 PM
I know if I was a team manager I would have my fastest best ball carrier opposite Davey as he's not that tall so kickouts are a problem for him, he's very slow and methodical and recently his passing hasn't been the best although against most teams now there's so many players back in their own half its hard to pick out a descent pass

I think Half backs need to have pace and good passing skills and to me Poor Davey has neither in abundance

thanks for that Fuzz i'll pass this on to john o' ;) He will probably be marking Dillon
Crossmolina Deel Rovers

the Deel Rover

Quote from: Zapatista on July 31, 2008, 04:21:15 PM
FFS Deel between Maradona and Davey harte it looks like ye where involved in the Paul Galvin case ;)

:D :D :D
Crossmolina Deel Rovers

tieroan

Davy is not and never was in the top 6 defenders in Tyrone. For a fact, and i also read it on here somewhere too, the rest off the defence hates seeing him play. All in Errigal Ciaran know that Paul Quinn is probably the best man in the county at playing the role that Davy plays but he never got the chance the time Davy did.
No one wants to see a player castigated but now is the time to make the change, move Ricey out and put McCaul or Carlin in the corner.

Zapatista

Quote from: tieroan on July 31, 2008, 04:29:58 PM
Davy is not and never was in the top 6 defenders in Tyrone. For a fact, and i also read it on here somewhere too, the rest off the defence hates seeing him play. All in Errigal Ciaran know that Paul Quinn is probably the best man in the county at playing the role that Davy plays but he never got the chance the time Davy did.
No one wants to see a player castigated but now is the time to make the change, move Ricey out and put McCaul or Carlin in the corner.

I think that is a bit much. He is not in the top 6 now but he did justify his place before.

IolarCoisCuain

Anybody know when the Mayo team will be named? The waiting is killing me.

Champ15

Possibly tonight after the County Championship Draw
Ballina Stephenites
All Ireland Champions 2005

AbbeySider

Quote from: Champ15 on July 31, 2008, 05:00:28 PM
Possibly tonight after the County Championship Draw

What draw is that tonight Champ?
I thought the club championship draw was Thursday week, August 7th. ???

Think the Mayo team is usually named tonight I think. (eg the Thursday night before the weekend of a game)

Fear ón Srath Bán

Tir Eoghain unchanged, for the 3rd consecutive game.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Fuzzman

come on lets be having ye.

Who's gonna say it.

Same 15 again I'd say