Down v Wexford
Kildare v Fermanagh
Kerry v Monaghan

el_cuervo_fc

MayoMan

ardmhachaabu

Some draw.

No less than 4 Ulster teams in it  :)

Just shows where the REAL quality football is coming from!
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something

Rossfan

Monaghan dont do easy draws.. :)
Wins for Mayo,Kildare,Down and  ?????
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

pintsofguinness

Quote from: hardstation on July 27, 2008, 05:52:40 PM
Kerry v Monakan
Mayo v Tyrone
Wexford v Down
Fermanagh v Kildare.

All Ulster wins.

:o  :o  :o
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Dinny Breen

Hard Station is Michael Lyster and I claim my €5  :o
#newbridgeornowhere

An Laoch

neutral venues or home team drawn first?

thechampishere

Reckon there's a real chance of having two of these games in Croker next saturday, with the other two being played as a double header on the sunday, maybe in Portlaoise???

Mayo Vs Tyrone and Kerry Vs Monaghan in Croker on the Saturday me thinks!

slow corner back

I reckon there is a real chance of all 4 ulster teams loosing. Kerry are just class, fermanagh will be down after today, Tyrone have looked ropey all year and Mayo like playing them while if Dan Gordon is missing Down are in the brown stuff.

thechampishere

A fascinating football qualifier draw has pitted beaten Ulster finalists Fermanagh against Kildare, Monaghan taking on Kerry and Tyrone facing Mayo.

Rejuvenated Down look to have landed the best draw of all as they will face Wexford next weekend.

Fermanagh face the task of regrouping against Kieran McGeeney's Kildare.

Monaghan will face Kerry 12 months after losing to the Kingdom in the last eight while the Tyrone-Mayo game is a repeat of the 2006 clash won by Mayo.

On that occasion, Mayo defeated the then Ulster Champions in the All-Ireland quarter-finals before going on to lose heavily against Kerry in the decider.

The dates and venues for the games will be announced by the GAA on Monday with all matches scheduled to take place next weekend.

The GAA indicated on Sunday night that teams drawn out of the hat first would not have home advantage so it appears that the round-three qualifier games will be played at neutral venues.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/northern_ireland/gaelic_games/7527929.stm

TacadoirArdMhacha

QuoteThe GAA indicated on Sunday night that teams drawn out of the hat first would not have home advantage so it appears that the round-three qualifier games will be played at neutral venues.

I suppose if both sides agreed they'd let teams toss for home advantage. I think Kerry and Longford in 2006 tossed for a home fixture at this stage (though it was known as round 4 then).

Think it might be a Tyrone v Mayo & Kerry v Monaghan double header in Croke Park on Saturday. At least one of the games will be on Sunday as RTÉ advertised a live qualifier for Sunday. Possible midlands venues for the other 2 fixtures.

Was listening to Radio 1 on the way home and they speculated that a Hurling semi final may be in Thurles which would free up Croke Park for a football quarter final on a Sunday in 2 or 3 weeks.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead