young lad racially abused down in Carlow

Started by his holiness nb, July 24, 2008, 01:42:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Franko

Whilst I absolutely agree with the sentiments of everyone here regarding the idiots involved in this rubbish I think that the abuse a referee has to take from the crowd is currently a bigger problem and something the GAA needs to act on.  I have seen referees make bad mistakes and have cost teams games but some of the mouthfuls of abuse that people hurl from the stands towards them are ridiculous.  No human being should have to listen to this.

carribbear

SARI(Sport Against Racism Ireland) <- they can f*** right off now. I've seen them unofficially collecting at GAA matches around the country and outside shops previously - can anyone tell me where these funds are going to? Seems like someone is trying to drum up a lobby group for their own ends and take in a wee bit of profit at the same time. (think al gore and his Carbon credits!). Is this organisation actually legal?

Theres far too much hysteria about racism in Ireland. The irish population are tired of bogus asylum seekers and spongers hence the bad feelings. In a way I cant blame people, its a natural reaction to changes that have been forced upon them by the government, bitterness creeping in regarding entire families who are being subsidised by health boards while indigenous families struggle to get by.

If I was playing sports with a minority group footballer, which I have in the past, then it's my job and the job of my team mates to look out for them, same way as you look after your fat, bald, slow, stupid and ginger team-mates...why is this any different?

Some people think we have to live in a utopia where all colours and creeds all get along like its bloody Rainbow Brite land. Dream on. Theres always going to be tension.
Just wait until Obama gets in ;)

Now i'll sit back and watch the fireworks :D

Hardy

Quote from: carribbear on July 29, 2008, 01:34:16 AMThe irish population are tired of bogus asylum seekers and spongers hence the bad feelings. In a way I cant blame people, its a natural reaction to changes that have been forced upon them by the government, bitterness creeping in regarding entire families who are being subsidised by health boards while indigenous families struggle to get by.

OK, I'll bite. Can you clarify whether the above is meant to justify the public vilification of a child playing a GAA match as a "natural reaction" by those responsible?

Anyway - on the substantive issue - we were promised an investigation and action. Has anything happened? Will anything happen? How will we know? Will this just be quietly forgotten when the hoooha has died down?

dublinfella

Quote from: carribbear on July 29, 2008, 01:34:16 AM
SARI(Sport Against Racism Ireland) <- they can f*** right off now. I've seen them unofficially collecting at GAA matches around the country and outside shops previously - can anyone tell me where these funds are going to? Seems like someone is trying to drum up a lobby group for their own ends and take in a wee bit of profit at the same time. (think al gore and his Carbon credits!). Is this organisation actually legal?

Not only is it legal, the GAA is a member of SARI.

A weak attempt at trolling.

carribbear

Quote from: Hardy on July 29, 2008, 07:53:03 AM

OK, I'll bite. Can you clarify whether the above is meant to justify the public vilification of a child playing a GAA match as a "natural reaction" by those responsible?

Anyway - on the substantive issue - we were promised an investigation and action. Has anything happened? Will anything happen? How will we know? Will this just be quietly forgotten when the hoooha has died down?

Why don't we call a tribunal for every instance until everyone thinks in the same way?

What a wonderful PC world this will be....

carribbear

Quote from: dublinfella on July 29, 2008, 10:37:21 AM
Quote from: carribbear on July 29, 2008, 01:34:16 AM

Not only is it legal, the GAA is a member of SARI.

A weak attempt at trolling.

I'll keep telling them to eff off every time I see them. Probably filtering the money to Dessie Farrell......