Favourite Fruit

Started by fred the red, July 23, 2008, 10:40:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Puckoon

A pear is the only thing Ill eat when its a little over ripe. Everything else must be bang on the money.

Now - red or green apples?

fred the red

Quote from: Puckoon on July 23, 2008, 11:04:40 PM
A pear is the only thing Ill eat when its a little over ripe. Everything else must be bang on the money.

Now - red or green apples?

Do you not enjoy melon slighty over ripe?

It has to be green apples all the way!

maggie

Quote from: Puckoon on July 23, 2008, 10:57:15 PM
The battle of an orange is in the peeling. Once you get a good peel going its great. Unless you have a rag nail. With a pear its different - you can bite it and get it all down your chin, or you can cut it and go through 3 or 4 napkins.

Hate when you get the skin stuck in your fingernails after peeling it and then when you bite your nails a while later you can taste it-ewwww.

The Real Laoislad

Red Apples hands down...Green apples are too bitter
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Puckoon

Not a big melon fan - although we eat alot of watermelon. Wouldnt know much about them - the wife asked me to bring home some watermelon last week and she went crazy at the two I picked. They were too hollow sounding she said. Made me take them back. So I brought her a bag of doritos.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Puckoon on July 23, 2008, 11:07:26 PM
Not a big melon fan - although we eat alot of watermelon. Wouldnt know much about them - the wife asked me to bring home some watermelon last week and she went crazy at the two I picked. They were too hollow sounding she said. Made me take them back. So I brought her a bag of doritos.

A box to the ears wouldn't have gone astray on her
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Yes I Would

Red apples all the way. Granny smiths are too f**king sweet and golden delicious are just too bland!
Strawberries during the summer with lashings of ice cream is an owl favourite as well

Puckoon

Golden delicious for me. Dont like red apples at all. Hard to ate them with my wee mouth.

fred the red

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on July 23, 2008, 11:09:17 PM

We dont want this thread turning into a discussion on a certain brand of beer now :D

maggie

The Real Laoislad

I spent a summer picking strawberries back in the day...
I ate more than i put in my bucket!
Also done the fruit picking in OZ for about 2 hours!
You'll Never Walk Alone.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: fred the red on July 23, 2008, 11:11:12 PM
Quote from: The Real Laoislad on July 23, 2008, 11:09:17 PM

We dont want this thread turning into a discussion on a certain brand of beer now :D

Aye but she would have deserved it for acting like that
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Gold

green apples or an orange cut in four or 6 pieces with the skin on, just suck the juice out

had a pear today though, jury is still out on pears
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

Puckoon

Get off the fence gold - you either like em or you dont! How could you not like a pear. Its funny - I hate the artificial "flavours" of the fruits I like. Apple, pear and banana flavours are not good.

The Real Laoislad

I do love blueberry or apple pie
You'll Never Walk Alone.