Overcrowding at Clones

Started by Armaghtothebone, July 22, 2008, 10:27:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

winsamsoon

sure maguire, people cannot get family tickets for the kids to be placed in seated areas. My own club i think got something like 4 family tickets. This is a disgrace and the GAA must take a look at this  because it is getting seriously out of hands. No parent should have to pay full price for a child it is an absolute joke. If the GAA charge £100 for a ticket for an all Ireland final i will give them it but to ask parents to pay full wack for children is a disgrace. So the parents then take the cheaper option and what happens the children don't see a thing of the bloody game because they have cramed too many into the ground not to mention all of the above.
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

Maguire01

Quote from: winsamsoon on July 23, 2008, 06:56:34 PM
sure maguire, people cannot get family tickets for the kids to be placed in seated areas. My own club i think got something like 4 family tickets. This is a disgrace and the GAA must take a look at this  because it is getting seriously out of hands. No parent should have to pay full price for a child it is an absolute joke. If the GAA charge £100 for a ticket for an all Ireland final i will give them it but to ask parents to pay full wack for children is a disgrace. So the parents then take the cheaper option and what happens the children don't see a thing of the bloody game because they have cramed too many into the ground not to mention all of the above.
Yes, but...
There are about 10,000 seating tickets in Clones between the Pat McGrane & Gerry Arthurs stands (not including the Eastern stand, where the family tickets are).
If i had small children, i wouldn't take them to somewhere they wouldn't be able to see, nevermind any potential safety concerns.

And of course the GAA are going to limit the number of family tickets, because the more of these they sell, the less for other people to buy - again, relevant only in the case of high demand.

armaghniac

You cannot have lots of discount tickets when there are members willing to pay full price. When the Ulster council did move the final to Croke Pk partly to make more family tickets available then this didn't please some people either, who thought tradition more important.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

downgirl

Quote from: Onion Bag on July 23, 2008, 04:07:06 PM
Maybe this deserves its own thread, but here we go, While at the Armagh Match last w'end, i was on the hill and i seemed to be surrounded by woman of all ages. Holy f**k you want to hear the screams of them it was driving me in sane and every male round me, they were both Fermanagh and Armagh and you want to hear the shit they were coming out with, like " Penalty Referee!!!" at that last free out for Armagh, Maybe noone has noticed this but the next game you attend, take a listen. It only  leaves the question to be asked 'Should Women be allowed into Football Matches'?

That's not very fair Onion Bag...OK I do shout a bit at matches but I'm sure you get a bit carried away yourself do you not?  Or do you sit/stand in absolute silence for the whole match??  And for you and Red Sea...stop making assumptions about women at matches going to read books or watever other crap you said, some bimbos might do that but I certainly don't, especially for the prices the GAA are charging these days!

armagh2002

Maybe this deserves its own thread, but here we go, While at the Armagh Match last w'end, i was on the hill and i seemed to be surrounded by woman of all ages. Holy f**k you want to hear the screams of them it was driving me in sane and every male round me, they were both Fermanagh and Armagh and you want to hear the shit they were coming out with, like " Penalty Referee!!!" at that last free out for Armagh, Maybe noone has noticed this but the next game you attend, take a listen. It only  leaves the question to be asked 'Should Women be allowed into Football Matches'?

You are a brave man, thats a very heavy statement to come out with!! Dont know anyone myself who sits in silence and says nothing. Id rather sit beside screaming fans than drunk  bandwagan supporters who couldnt even name their players.! The thing about people going to matches and sitting reading a book really does bug me though, our club of 250 members got 60 tickets for the match, it begs the question should their be some sort of token scheme, a token for every match and when it comes to the quarters its the supporters with the most tokens get their tickets first?? Any opinions, i know i found it terrible difficult to get a ticket for the match!

rolloutking

On the topic of tickets..

..Last week my mate was looking a ticket for the game and all his club had left was OAP tickets costing £12. He decided to take one and chance it at the gate. When he turned up on Sunday no-one even checked what age he was at the turnstile. He just got his stub back and went and sat in the seat and watched the game all for £12

He is in his 40's btw

Onion Bag

Quote from: downgirl on July 23, 2008, 09:27:41 PM

That's not very fair Onion Bag...OK I do shout a bit at matches but I'm sure you get a bit carried away yourself do you not?  Or do you sit/stand in absolute silence for the whole match??  And for you and Red Sea...stop making assumptions about women at matches going to read books or watever other crap you said, some bimbos might do that but I certainly don't, especially for the prices the GAA are charging these days!

Of course i roar and get stuck into the banter among the fans, It was the shite that was being shouted that was doing my head. I wasnt including you Downgirl, because i know you are well informed and educated on the goings on on the pitch  ;)
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

T Fearon

I have two spare Gerry Arthurs for Sunday available at face value, this situation arose due to oversupply. PM me if interested

Maguire01

Quote from: armagh2002 on July 23, 2008, 11:39:30 PM
The thing about people going to matches and sitting reading a book really does bug me though, our club of 250 members got 60 tickets for the match, it begs the question should their be some sort of token scheme, a token for every match and when it comes to the quarters its the supporters with the most tokens get their tickets first?? Any opinions, i know i found it terrible difficult to get a ticket for the match!
There were thousands of tickets on sale through ticketmaster - i doubt there were too many wanted to go and couldn't. if they really wanted a ticket.

Tankie

Quote from: T Fearon on July 24, 2008, 12:39:48 PM
I have two spare Gerry Arthurs for Sunday available at face value, this situation arose due to oversupply. PM me if interested

or lack of interest  ;D
Grand Slam Saturday!

miss mess

oh its alright when you's need the jerseys washed