Free GNEVIN

Started by Tankie, July 22, 2008, 04:50:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

muppet

Bring him back, I miss watching him growing towards manhood.
MWWSI 2017

Gabriel_Hurl

Total Hypocrisy - a rule for one person and different ones for the rest of us

A certain prominent member of this board makes scandalous comments about people and their private lives all the time - and nothing ever happens him

An Fear Rua

http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=8603.0
thread from GAA I assume is the one being alluded to?

From what I can gather a poster ascertained that a person named in the post Ive linked to, may have done something unsocial , illegal etc, and that a common nickname for a well know beligian brand, may have been used as a not so subtle clue as to what said poster was suggesting, even though said poster had no evidence that this may or may not be the case?

correct?
Its Grim up North

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: hardstation on July 22, 2008, 08:19:10 PM
Why are we allowed to post that Peter Robinson "enjoys a bottle of Stella" but not GG?

double standards on this place

certain people can get away with posting what they want

AZOffaly

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on July 22, 2008, 08:26:31 PM
Why are we allowed to post that Peter Robinson "enjoys a bottle of Stella" but not GG?

Come on Gab. Name names. Who can post 'what they like?'. Do you report these posts?

I thought GNevin's post was disgraceful, so did a lot of others.

Gabriel_Hurl

What about TF's comments about Frank McGuigan and Seamus Darby????

What happened there?

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: AZOffaly on July 22, 2008, 08:30:01 PM
Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on July 22, 2008, 08:26:31 PM

Come on Gab. Name names. Who can post 'what they like?'. Do you report these posts?

I thought GNevin's post was disgraceful, so did a lot of others.

Why did you find it disgraceful? How can you find something that you quite obviously came to a conclusion to all by yourself disgraceful? I think it is very hard to prove what Gnevin did or didn't mean
Did Gnevin actually write anything in words? Or was it just a picture of a can of beer? Is it not dangerous making up your own mind on what another person might or might not have meant?
What makes you such a expert on the meaning of a posters posts?
You'll Never Walk Alone.

AZOffaly

Come off it Laoislad. I wasn't the only one who copped it. He was asked to take it down, or explain what he meant. He didn't bother. It doesn't take an Einstein to know what he was getting at.

imtommygunn

There were bans handed out over the McConville thread and I think also over a Kevin McGourty one too.

It's not like it's the "first offense" of the people that were banned - either in gnevin's case or in the case of others.

Was there one called syd?

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: AZOffaly on July 22, 2008, 08:54:14 PM
Come off it Laoislad. I wasn't the only one who copped it. He was asked to take it down, or explain what he meant. He didn't bother. It doesn't take an Einstein to know what he was getting at.
Ah so its ok to presume what he meant and for him to get banned for  it..What do you think he meant? It might not take Einstein to figure it out it would take a mind reader if you ask me.
Surely if your presuming someone meant something else you should be man enough to tell us all exactly what you thought it meant otherwise your talking a load of bollix if you ask me..
Hanging a man on the persumption he meant something and then not revealing what it is you actually thought it meant is a bit strange..I doubt it would stand up in a court of law
You'll Never Walk Alone.

AZOffaly

What are you talking about? You f**king posted what it meant. You obviously figured it out. And if someone close to GG had spotted that, they'd be completely within their rights to pull the board up on it. This is a small country lads. If he meant nothing by it, then why not take it down? And by the way, don't presume to tell me whether I'm man enough to do anything.

pintsofguinness

I think the mods were within their rights to take action as we can't be having allegations/comments like that made on the board for legal reasons.  I think it's more the inconsistency in the application of the rules that causes the frustration again. 

G's not a bad lad (for a dub) hopefully he'll be back soon.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: AZOffaly on July 22, 2008, 09:07:25 PM
What are you talking about? You f**king posted what it meant. You obviously figured it out. And if someone close to GG had spotted that, they'd be completely within their rights to pull the board up on it. This is a small country lads. If he meant nothing by it, then why not take it down? And by the way, don't presume to tell me whether I'm man enough to do anything.

I actually had to be told what it was suppose to mean,as i couldn't care two fucks about Graham Geraghty and what he is or isn't suppose to have done.
Oh and is that a threat AZ :D Right so i can't presume anything about you but you can presume what you like about other posters... ::)  
As far as I'm concerned he never said anything of the sort of what you and your cronies are all implying,In fact ye are the only ones implying it..
Maybe he did mean what you are implying i can't say if he did or not,Dangerous ground though convicting someone on the basis that you presume he meant something.

You'll Never Walk Alone.

saffron sam2

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on July 22, 2008, 08:40:37 PM
What about TF's comments about Frank McGuigan and Seamus Darby????

What happened there?

Distasteful certainly, but not libelous.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

AZOffaly

Ara come on Laois lad? A threat? How can that be a threat?

I'll leave it now, because you are obviously put out about it. I think it was a very dodgy post. He didn't explain or remove it. He can't really be surprised.

Anyway, good luck.