Breaking news from the DRA

Started by Kerry Mike, July 21, 2008, 08:50:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tyrone Dreamer

It was 100% clear in the picture in the paper that he did not spit. He was accused on here wrongly by numerous posters who overreact about anything to do with Tyrone or Tyrone players.

Fear ón Srath Bán

That's what Ricey should have done last night - asked each of the CHC to stand up and gone over and done exactly the same thing to each of them as he'd done to Paul Galvin, then they'd have known rather sharpish that there was absolutely no malice involved... once they'd got up again.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

longrunsthefox

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on February 28, 2009, 12:54:41 AM
That's what Ricey should have done last night - asked each of the CHC to stand up and gone over and done exactly the same thing to each of them as he'd done to Paul Galvin, then they'd have known rather sharpish that there was absolutely no malice involved... once they'd got up again.

sounds like an initiation ceremony for Sigersons GFC  ;D

Lar Naparka

longruns, what's the story with your posts' stats?
As I remember, you were after clocking up somewhere in the region of 500 plus posts and now the numbers are back down to between 270 and 280.
Has Hardstation been onto the mods to nobble your efforts to be the most persistent nuisance consistent poster on the board?
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

saffron sam2

Quote from: ONeill on February 27, 2009, 11:10:49 PM
Quote from: saffron sam2 on February 27, 2009, 11:07:13 PM
Quote from: ONeill on February 27, 2009, 11:06:31 PM
I would also like to take SS2 up on his offer and ask him to call the crimestoppers.

Do you know the number?

http://www.crimestoppers-uk.org/in-your-area/northern-ireland

http://www.crimestoppers.co.uk/

Thank you Shane, but before I use either, I have decided to question some people who might actually now what they are talking about. So, in the meantime I have been talking to four fairly reliable sources, two solicitors, one court clerk and the union rep in our school. All four, for example, knew what the word acquitted meant, unlike FoSB.

This is what I have ascertained.

Any deliberate unwanted or unnecessary physical contact can be construed as assault.

Any deliberate unwanted or unnecessary physical contact to the nether regions can be contrued as indecent assault.

Whilst there is no obigation for a judge or magistrate to place any adult convicted of indecent assault on the Sexual Offenders' Register, it would be thusfar unprecedented for this not to happen.

So I stand over what I said. I believe that if you do something on the field that is illegal off it, then you are leaving yourself open to pursuit under criminal law. If you 'cup' the wrong person on the field of play, then you could well end up signing the Sexual Offenders' Register. Whilst the crime may be at the lower end of the spectrum, indeed it may be seen only as a 'technical' assault, it is still a crime. You take your chances.

Quote from: Doogie Browser on February 27, 2009, 11:39:57 PM
Have said it before this talk of 'sexual assault' really trivialises the true victims of such assaults and almost belittles it as a crime.   Absolute nonsense and needs to stop, I think SS2 needs to talk to people like Eileen Calder who can show him the impact it has on true victims of abhorrent sexual assaults and he may choose his words a little better. 

Interestingly, I haven't used the words sexual assault anywhere on this board, until this sentence. It is not just those who are guilty of abhorrent sexual assaults who have to sign the register. There was, for example, a registered sexual offender playing in a game televised live on Saturday for example. If you are prosecuted for pissing in the street (i.e. indecent behaviour), then it is entirely possible that you will end up signing on too.  A word of warning perhaps to our Armagh contingent.

My words in this thread are chosen carefully, it appears that you have chosen not to read them.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

Mike Sheehy

Thank you for clearing up the legal aspects of the case SS2. Now perhaps those that want to intimidate people on this board with the  "calling the lawyers in" line will cease this tactic.

EC Unique

The funny thing about all this nonsense is that if the ref had of sent him off at the time he prob would have got away with 4 weeks!!

Lecale2

Quote from: Lecale2 on February 27, 2009, 10:04:30 PM
If he did what he did in a bar or on the street he would be on the sex offenders register. He should accept the ban and learn from it.

I think Saffron Sam2 has covered the legal aspect of my earlier post very well.

Quote from: Rois on February 27, 2009, 10:21:55 PM
Quote from: Lecale2 on February 27, 2009, 10:04:30 PM
If he did what he did in a bar or on the street he would be on the sex offenders register. He should accept the ban and learn from it.

Didn't expect that from you Lecale.  Think this is the reason the other thread was locked. 

Rois - If I did to you what McMenanim did; I would expect to be arrested, charged with indecent assult, and on conviction be obligated to sign the Sex Offenders Register.

tyssam5

Quote from: heffo on February 27, 2009, 02:05:55 PM
Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on February 27, 2009, 01:58:50 PM
Quote from: Maguire01 on February 27, 2009, 01:57:31 PM
Probably not, but maybe HQ has just decided to set a new precedent. TCB may not stop at this, but that doesn't necessarily mean that HQ will back down.

Once it reaches the DRA, HQ have no relevance.

As we seen in 2005 when a well known legal figure with Tyrone connections was texting a member of the DRA during the Tyrone v Monaghan game and gleefully arrived into the Tyrone dressing room afterwards to let them all know that McMenamin had gotten off that particular misdemeanour.

Heffo's powers are growing even stronger.

Not only is he able to tell us about certain players ability to read phone numbers written on other players hands through their gloves, he is now able to keep us informed of what one person texts to another and how he reacts to said texts.

This man must surely be the best connected person on the board, works for the phone company or else is full of it.

heffo

Quote from: tyssam5 on March 02, 2009, 09:42:50 PM
Probably not, but maybe HQ has just decided to set a new precedent. TCB may not stop at this, but that doesn't necessarily mean that HQ will back down.

As we seen in 2005 when a well known legal figure with Tyrone connections was texting a member of the DRA during the Tyrone v Monaghan game and gleefully arrived into the Tyrone dressing room afterwards to let them all know that McMenamin had gotten off that particular misdemeanour.

Heffo's powers are growing even stronger.

Not only is he able to tell us about certain players ability to read phone numbers written on other players hands through their gloves, he is now able to keep us informed of what one person texts to another and how he reacts to said texts.

This man must surely be the best connected person on the board, works for the phone company or else is full of it.

I've yet to hear anyone say either story isn't true by asking the nordies involved. I know some of ye nordies are even members of the GAA - some of ye must know the people involved.

cornafean

Quote from: heffo on March 02, 2009, 09:56:12 PM
I've yet to hear anyone say either story isn't true by asking the nordies involved.

Probably because its about as easy to rebut as "when did you stop beating your wife"  :)
Boycott Hadron. Support your local particle collider.

heffo

Quote from: Gaffer on March 02, 2009, 10:06:28 PM

Was speaking to the well known legal figure with Tyrone connections at the weekend, Heffo, and he said that what you had to say was a load of nonsense !!!!

I was at the match in question with the member of the DRA at the time and he must be some liar so - must've went to the bother of setting up a fake stored name and number in his phone too..

Gaffer

Quote from: heffo on March 02, 2009, 10:09:02 PM

Was speaking to the well known legal figure with Tyrone connections at the weekend, Heffo, and he said that what you had to say was a load of nonsense !!!!

I was at the match in question with the member of the DRA at the time and he must be some liar so - must've went to the bother of setting up a fake stored name and number in his phone too..

Name him !!!!!
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

pintsofguinness

Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

tyssam5

Quote from: heffo on March 02, 2009, 10:09:02 PM

Were you also playing in the other game, the one were the fella could see through gloves?