Breaking news from the DRA

Started by Kerry Mike, July 21, 2008, 08:50:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

saffron sam2

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on February 27, 2009, 10:35:40 PM
Quote from: saffron sam2 on February 27, 2009, 10:30:16 PM
Yet perfectly true. You should try the same some night you're in a bar or on the street.

Jeez, they're all out tonight.

1. It wasn't in the street.
2. It wasn't in a bar.
3. It wasn't a stranger.
4. That bears no relationship whatsoever to the actual event.
5. If your aunt had balls she'd be your uncle.

You're on a loser here - none of your five points are in any way relevant to or help McMenamin's defence.

I didn't realise that because an incident happens on a sports field, you are outside common criminal law. Nor did I realise you had to be unknown to your victim.

My aunt is also totally irrelevant.

My position now is as it was with Paddy Campbell and Tom Kenny. Both could easily have ended up on the Sexual Offenders' Register (or the free state equivalent). I am sure that if someone were to contact the PSNI about the [McMenamin] incident, a charge wouldn't be out of the question. If you like, I will ring crimestoppers to verify my point.

Whilst your defence of McMenamin is laudable, it is equally non-sensical.

You will also note that I do not feel the need to resort to personal abuse.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

Fear ón Srath Bán

Feck off with your sanctimony SS2, I haven't even begun to personally abuse you, yet.

Let me distill our respective positions: you believe that what happens on the field is directly equivalent with what happens off it. I don't agree.

Ricey and Paul Galvin are not strangers to each other, that's not say they're the best of friends either, but they ain't strangers.

And please, ring the PSNI, and let us know how you get on. Then dismount your high horse.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

ONeill

FoSB, you've been displaying odd behaviour over recent days. Are you ok?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Sonny Joe

SS2 I can talk with considerable knowleadge on the issue of child protection registars etc, and I can state that Mc Menamin wouldn't get near the register. Do you think that it is that simple to get on the register. You have just ignored many detailed protocols and reports by highly skilled professionals before you get to that stage. A bull shiter of the highest order, you are!
If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score?

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: ONeill on February 27, 2009, 10:56:34 PM
FoSB, you've been displaying odd behaviour over recent days. Are you ok?

Don't you start ONeill, don't you know they're ALL against me!

;)

Odd times, odd behaviour, I'm getting off this particular merrygoround, but I'm perfectly fine... Loo laa, loo laa, loo laa, loo laa, loo laa, Loo laa, loo laa, loo laa, loo laa, loo laa,Loo laa, loo laa, loo laa, loo laa, loo laa,Loo laa, loo laa, loo laa, loo laa, loo laa,Loo laa, loo laa, loo laa, loo laa, loo laa,Loo laa, loo laa, loo laa, loo laa, loo laa,Loo laa, loo laa, loo laa, loo laa, loo laa,Loo laa, loo laa, loo laa, loo laa, loo laa,Loo laa, loo laa, loo laa, loo laa, loo laa,Loo laa, loo laa, loo laa, loo laa, loo laa,Loo laa, loo laa, loo laa, loo laa, loo laa,Loo laa, loo laa, loo laa, loo laa, loo laa,Loo laa, loo laa, loo laa, loo laa, loo laa,Loo laa, loo laa, loo laa, loo laa, loo laa,Loo laa, loo laa, loo laa, loo laa, loo laa,Loo laa, loo laa, loo laa, loo laa, loo laa,Loo laa, loo laa, loo laa, loo laa, loo laa,Loo laa, loo laa, loo laa, loo laa, loo laa,Loo laa, loo laa, loo laa, loo laa, loo laa,Loo laa, loo laa, loo laa, loo laa, loo laa, Loo laa, loo laa, loo laa, loo laa, loo laa

saffron sam2

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on February 27, 2009, 10:53:37 PM
Feck off with your sanctimony SS2, I haven't even begun to personally abuse you, yet (and I won't even pull you on a glaring spelling mistake).

Except you have, in a slightly not 100% sure that you're correct type way.

Let me distill our respective positions: you believe that what happens on the field is directly equivalent with what happens off it. I don't agree.

Er, no I don't. I believe that if you do something on the field that is illegal off it, then you are leaving yourself open to pursuit under criminal law. You may or may not agree. Would it have been ok for Ryan McMenamin to take a legally held shotgun on to the pitch that day and blast holes in both of Cooper's knees? You seem to think so.

Ricey and Paul Galvin are not strangers to each other, that's not say they're the best of friends either, but they ain't strangers.

That is relevant how?

And please, ring the PSNI, and let us know how you get on. Then dismount your high horse.

No high horse here. It would be the same regardless of who the testicle fondler was. Can you say the same?

saffron sam2

Quote from: Sonny Joe on February 27, 2009, 10:59:53 PM
SS2 I can talk with considerable knowleadge on the issue of child protection registars etc, and I can state that Mc Menamin wouldn't get near the register. Do you think that it is that simple to get on the register. You have just ignored many detailed protocols and reports by highly skilled professionals before you get to that stage. A bull shiter of the highest order, you are!

Your considerable knowledge doesn't extend to spelling it correctly. Happy to do this via PM if you like, but I would back my position 100%.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: saffron sam2 on February 27, 2009, 11:00:57 PM
Except you have, in a slightly not 100% sure that you're correct type way.
What are you saying here?

Er, no I don't. I believe that if you do something on the field that is illegal off it, then you are leaving yourself open to pursuit under criminal law. You may or may not agree. Would it have been ok for Ryan McMenamin to take a legally held shotgun on to the pitch that day and blast holes in both of Cooper's knees? You seem to think so.
No, I was assuming that we were talking within the reasonable bounds of sporting activity. You've obviously other ideas.

No high horse here. It would be the same regardless of who the testicle fondler was. Can you say the same?

So ring the PSNI, and let us know.

ONeill

I would also like to take SS2 up on his offer and ask him to call the crimestoppers.

saffron sam2

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on February 27, 2009, 11:05:09 PM

No, I was assuming that we were talking within the reasonable bounds of sporting activity. You've obviously other ideas.

And there we shall leave it.

saffron sam2

Quote from: ONeill on February 27, 2009, 11:06:31 PM
I would also like to take SS2 up on his offer and ask him to call the crimestoppers.

Do you know the number?

Maguire01

Quote from: Tyrone Dreamer on February 27, 2009, 06:10:54 PM
Quote from: Maguire01 on February 27, 2009, 01:59:08 PM
Quote from: Tyrone Dreamer on February 27, 2009, 01:36:16 PM
Quote from: Maguire01 on February 27, 2009, 01:30:05 PM
Yeooow!

Maybe this is what is needed to put a stop to this appeals culture.

So your happy different players can get different suspensions for the exact same offence? That seems a fair and consistent way to treat players.
Two wrongs don't make a right.

Thats the second time you used this line. You also used it in relation to inconsistent use of video evidence. So what your saying is Tyrone should be happy that one of their players is being picked out by video evidence even though its rarely used in the league and the 1st time this year, should be happy that their player is the 1st ever to get 6 weeks for this offence (and possibly any offence) and first county were a suspension has been increased on appeal. Its all ok to be treated differently to other counties and precedents set because 2 wrongs dont make a right? Ive no problems with the suspension its the 6 weeks thats the problem.
What i am saying is that the previous decision you're using for comparison may not necessarily have been correct. If that was the case, then the outcome to a previous case is not necessarily appropriate.

Also, just for the record, having looked at 'that photo' for the past 2 weeks, i don't think there was a 'spit', just a slabber. I didn't see anything on the TV coverage to suggest a spit either.

ONeill

Doogie Browser

Have said it before this talk of 'sexual assault' really trivialises the true victims of such assaults and almost belittles it as a crime.   Absolute nonsense and needs to stop, I think SS2 needs to talk to people like Eileen Calder who can show him the impact it has on true victims of abhorrent sexual assaults and he may choose his words a little better. 

Lar Naparka

QuoteAlso, just for the record, having looked at 'that photo' for the past 2 weeks, i don't think there was a 'spit', just a slabber. I didn't see anything on the TV coverage to suggest a spit either.
Maybe you are right, Maguire. I accept you say this as your honest opinion.
However, when you take the flying spittle in conjunction with Ricey's , let us say "high spirits" during the game and the fact that he is pictured holding his opponent's jaw in a firm grip, a reasonable person might be tempted to say he was letting fly with a gobful. You could throw in the fact that he was using his other hand to hold onto the Kerry player- for balance apparently.
Did he really spit? I'm told it is not a relevant matter as it was used in the case against him but then neither was the fact that he grabbed the other fella by the jowls either.

However, to say he molested Galvin or to use similar terminology, is a bit over the top. He jabbed, not grabbed and Galvin collapsed dramatically and then got up and walked away!
BTW: I am not anti_Tyrone in any way and I just think it's a pity than a fine footballer, like McMenamin, has to use such tactics. He could easily have gotten his walking orders.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi